Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'd just be happy if I didn't get fucking disconnected upon exiting a heist at least 50% of the time, thus voiding the entire thing and closing the instance.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
im sure they'll fix the disconnect issue really quick, the rest of it dunno. So far I don't quite get the heist thing, I wish it was a mobs get stronger/harder the longer the alarm goes off, but you could still loot shit.

As it stands now, can do one big chest and maybe a couple small boxes before I have nada except the objective.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Best tip is to basically clear all the way to the main objective, unlock that door, etc. then go for the targeted side areas. If you hover over each box you can see how much alert it will give you by opening it. Once that's done you basically just min/max your alert. Then I usually do one big one with a clear run path to the main objective. Can net a fair amount of loot if you use this method.

The running from a million aura'd elite guards with two shot mechanics after is a completely different story.

Caliane

holy flame totem is procing EE.. I dont remember totems counting as self cast. although, it was clearly gaining from my heralds, I should have expected it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Which abilities straight up have the wrong numbers aside from XP?
People are were saying Flame Wall was already level 12 numbers at lvl 1 or something. Didn't personally test any of the new stuff so can't confirm.

Oh and Abyss's don't work for the most part. I think I got 1/2 done the first day and I'm like 0-10 today. Another bug I believe they're aware of.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm one of the few that dicks around on standard on a couple builds and the assassin mark change essentially ruined 3 of the builds i fuck with on standard testing and just general fuck around. Ruined is obviously a strong word, but it made them feel like shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was me getting an exalt in a heist chest. Pausing 2 seconds to say "exalted orb" then dying to an after effect from a mob.

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully they hotfix SOME of these problems like collision/stash/quest items being non-movable. The other stuff may take more time but it'd be sad if some of these abilities are DOA not because of viability but due to actual bugs. League is definitely fun though and can be VERY rewarding when you know what you're doing, but like Harvest, PoE is mostly rated by lootsplosion D3 exiles on Reddit now so I can't see it getting favorable reviews from casuals.

Most of the fanbase just wants to zoom, kill, and loot with as little thinking as possible. I like that they're TRYING to give you some sort of control over your game and rewards and choices and risks, but mob mentality won't have it. I foresee more Legions/Breach/Abyss leagues in our future to keep the WaaaaWaaaas happy.

And that mentality is really stupid too. It took two heists for me, a stupid casual, to realize you need to essentially plan your route, min/max your alert then smash and grab. Its about as complicated as a Super Nintendo game. But I know it took me a month to make my buddy understand how best to use harvest.... Me go fast. Me smash.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do all heists give you a window of time to get to the main objective if you set the alarm off? I thought it was just one type of helper that had that perk

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Current problems:

-Many of the new spells don't work correctly/don't level properly/start at the wrong values (BIG OOPSIES)
-There's player collision in Rogue Harbor. That means you can both be body blocked out of the stash AND body blocked BEHIND IT and can't leave without logging out
-Heist missions end if you click to portal after joining them. Immediately. Why is this a thing? Maybe if you've already entered the heist area, but not the pre-heist area.
-Heist mission guys give you items. Did you happen to die/fail the heist with that item on you? It's on you until you find that quest heist again! I had a poison vial on me for like 6 levels.
-Heist guys have green items that you can't store ANYWHERE but your inventory. Heist tab? No. NP, just run them. Unless your Rogue isn't high enough level to run that mission. RIP inventory.
-You can get charms for your rogues, but can't store them in the Heist tab. Wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have merc level requirements that start off fairly high so you have to have another tab of shit.
-YOU CAN GET STUCK IN THE TERRAIN INSIDE OF HEISTS. Stand the FUCK BACK when you open the safe or you'll get stuck in it and RIP that heist.
-Some other shit I can't remember, but it's definitely annoying.

Marks seem... awful. Assassin's mark being single target helps for bossing, but why would they then nerf the crit chance and multi? Why make power charges on kill with big on kill life/mana recovery if you are just doing it on bosses. They dun goofed. I know the quality gives you %chance to gain charge on hit, so that's good, but the other changes are ???

Hopefully they hotfix SOME of these problems like collision/stash/quest items being non-movable. The other stuff may take more time but it'd be sad if some of these abilities are DOA not because of viability but due to actual bugs. League is definitely fun though and can be VERY rewarding when you know what you're doing, but like Harvest, PoE is mostly rated by lootsplosion D3 exiles on Reddit now so I can't see it getting favorable reviews from casuals.

Most of the fanbase just wants to zoom, kill, and loot with as little thinking as possible. I like that they're TRYING to give you some sort of control over your game and rewards and choices and risks, but mob mentality won't have it. I foresee more Legions/Breach/Abyss leagues in our future to keep the WaaaaWaaaas happy.

Sounds like most leagues. A week or two to get it going like it is "supposed" to be. First two weeks is alpha test, after that it's beta the rest of the league or at least first month.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sounds like a typical league launch and another pass for me! Maybe next league.

Dude the freeze up deaths I've seen and people even hit their logout to no avail cuz they're stuck in game.

Forget it. Been that guy so many times.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All of them have a ~20 second smash and grab window once the alarm triggers, which can get modified by the various crew members and some equipment.

Concept of the league is super cool, execution is off per usual though. The amount of dick holding time spent during runs waiting for buggy animations of crew members to finish is just infuriating. Even when they don't bug out some of them just take fucking forever (looking at you agility).

Still not super clear what they were going for with the guard aggro and alert meter? You can't stealth by any of them aside from the one robot map where all the mobs are asleep, so the "stealth" phase before the alarm is just zoom around as fast as possible and ignore all mobs until you can open as many doors/chests as you can? Then set the alarm off and mega-zoom to open anything else you can reach?

The doors themselves are complete cancer and I weep for anyone that tried to roll melee this league. Watching half a dozen rare mobs just stack up on the other side and charge up all kinds of bullshit while you wait for the animations has to be the worst shit ever if you have to actually go hit them with a weapon.

There's also a special place in hell for whoever put on-death mechanics in to this shit, knowing full well it's all or nothing in terms of rewards.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I actually laughed at them disabling Alva because of the guaranteed mirror shard drop

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

So Twitch won't you clip any content with audio copyright, but I can highlight it. Thanks, lawyers!

It's fine 4 hours later I got a Nurse card.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So did I read reddit right? Someone killed a8 Sirius in one sitting from league start on ssf hc?

If so... god damn.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Current problems:
-There's player collision in Rogue Harbor. That means you can both be body blocked out of the stash AND body blocked BEHIND IT and can't leave without logging out

You can push your /hideout macro don't have to log out.
But yes heist is a big mess even if i've been lucky and haven't had any big issues myself. Crashed on zone in once, and once the door to get to the curio display wouldn't open in like 30 heists i would say.