Path of Exile

Jox

Molten Core Raider
First heist seemed interesting, then did a few more and they quickly became boring. Took about 3 heists to figure out "fill the bar before getting the objective" and the stealth aspect was complete bullshit that doesn't exist. Thinking there's some deep gameplay value here that d3 players wouldn't understand is pretty stupid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
It seems like the only thing you can stealth past, and by stealth I mean just wait for them to walk away and walk past them are the roaming packs of guards.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Their mechanic is strange. I find the heists pretty fun tbh. But their reasoning for the alert level is just.. bizarre and makes no sense.

The alert bar should start half way, and then slowly go up over time. Killing mobs should reduce the level. Opening chests should raise it (slightly). Being spotted by a patrol should greatly increase it, killing those patrollers should not decrease it. Opening doors should increase it slightly.

Also, keep in mind, they could have made this MUUUCH worse. They could have made your companions possible to die.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else with their mercs stuck at level 3 and 99.99% xp? I don't know if it's intended and i'm just not doing something i should be doing or if it's bugged. But running random heist doesnt do anything. Do i need a grand heist?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
1600627289797.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else with their mercs stuck at level 3 and 99.99% xp? I don't know if it's intended and i'm just not doing something i should be doing or if it's bugged. But running random heist doesnt do anything. Do i need a grand heist?

might be related to a quest heist specific to them? I seem to recall mine leveling up after completing one of theirs, though that could be just coincidental as none are higher than level 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't think you can ignore any of them, if you get a grand heist that requires a level 4 go-fuck-yourself person and don't have them, no heist for you :|

Not liking poison blade vortex as much as I had hoped. Even with a 6L, max res & 4k life its still squishy as balls in tier 2 maps. What're the beast mode builds that people are playing?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I love this formula

pre league: hype everyone to the max
day 1: everyone has a blast leveling up and hype hype hype
day 2: release microtransactions and collect $$$
day 3: everyone realizes that as usual the league is built for inbred chinese and is a broken sloppy retarded mess
day 4-7: chris apologies and bex sucks reddit dick

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
lol, I can't download this patch on steam to save my life. Rebooted, picked new download server, etc. Apparently a bunch of people are having this happen.

Awesome.

1600670672852.png

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
GGG is a sad pathetic mess. They could have completely given up on PoE and are now coasting on idiotic ideas that interns have come up for the leagues, and are focusing completely on PoE2. Chris said on some presentation a few years ago that they have a number of unfinished league assets stored away and sometimes they use them. By the looks of it, they are just using everything now. Or Tencent is putting them under some really heavy pressure to focus more on Chinese localisation. Then you think about it, chinese version has had improvements to their core game that westerners have asked for years, and still GGG is on a complete ignore mode when we ask for them. If they are scrambling and not focusing on PoE2, that does not bode well for PoE2. It will be the same as the original one where every league goes to core and messes everything up. Their inhouse engine is a joke that can't handle the game what it is now. Bex is just a mouthpiece. Think Lore when he became a community PR guy for blizz. At first people were chanting "one of us, finally there's someone at blizzard who understands what gamers want" but quickly realized that he's just another corporate suit. Bex is the same way. Her pattern is very obvious. Start hyping the next league by posting memes on reddit for about a week before any announcement. After that post "new" items. After release she responds to the people posting countless bugs "I'll pass it on to the team" "we're aware of the issue" "it will be fixed in the upcoming patch(es)". Then she pretty much dissapears, only to emerge about 2 months later with by posting memes about the upcoming league.

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Reddit is saying Neversink is hiding, or at least making Heist npc gear less noticable. consider that, if you are not finding NPC gear.

Saw one person question tiers. "I got level 4/5 gear premaps... and now have been getting 1/2 in maps". I have not gotten to maps yet... but have only gotten level 4/5 stuff premaps... which I questioned... had to fill up a stash tab, as they are not even close to high enough level to equip that shit yet.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That dude is full of shit.

I looked at the filter file, it's not hiding anything. It could probably stand to highlight things a bit better for even the crappy white/blue items given how rare they are, but the big problem is that shit just does not drop like ever.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looking to switch to Stormfire Discharge Ignite soon. That ring is much cheaper than I expected. Probably going to use Crackling Lance as a clear skill since Discharge has a 2s cooldown. What's another good contender for clear skill that is lightning? No channeling please, otherwise I'd just use Divine Ire for both.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That dude is full of shit.

I looked at the filter file, it's not hiding anything. It could probably stand to highlight things a bit better for even the crappy white/blue items given how rare they are, but the big problem is that shit just does not drop like ever.

That's what I've found too, and the stuff that has was required level 4/5 mercs. Given how little damage I think the mercs do, made me chuckle that the only drops I have found were something like +15% damage for a level 4 merc.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Neversink responded on Reddit. Its on your filter, but most have white/blue rarity so they don't stand out. They do have icons, but Never had no idea how rare they'd be and assumed they'd be common and didn't want the filter spamming people. He is adjusting the filter today. It's like most leagues where he knows the new items, but has no idea on rarity or value until a few days in.

Heists are 300% better with trinkets, geared rogues, and built characters.