Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't pick them up. You'll be doing that for 99.99999% of the loot that drops.

Any gem with quality is worth picking up though. Some can be sold for a chaos or more. Those that can't, you can sell enough gems to a vendor such that their cumulative quality is 40%+, you get a gemcutter's prism. You should familiarize yourself with the vendor recipes, some are more useful than crafting!

Vendor recipe system

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
What do you do with jewels that are totally wrong for your build besides not just pick them up?

I'd use a loot filter that gets rid of pointless jewels honestly. Sometimes I'll pick them up if I think I'll use them in a niche build later, but they're mostly just a waste of space that you could maybe sell for one alt or something on poe trade.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thanks for answering all the dumb questions. As obvious I'm not a huge gamer so to speak. Borzak's luck tho, bought the axe I could use attack spells with zero mana - dropped 2nd map after I bought it.

The loot filter I have has done a decent job of filtering out stuff but apparently not jewels. I either need to find another one or modify this one.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Loot filter can't help you there with maybe the exception of item level. It can't know the affixes are shit until you id it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah can just pick jewels and vendor them if they're not good, they don't take much room and are rare enough that it doesn't really matter. Some can be chanced for unique jewels too but not sure if there's any worth the chance orbs anymore.

Generally anything with life is useable, even if the other stats are garbage, you can just grab one jewel node if it's on the way on your build and plop it in there for some free hp. Although for this I tend to use one of the quest reward jewel that gives resists, but if you get more jewel slots it's nice-ish.

Borzak

Any way to increase the frequency of breaches? Doing the low tier mapping to get maps to the next levels and would be nice to get more breaches.

Borzak

Hmm I think I'll just keep plodding along then, thanks.

Her in map missions so far at lvl 4 or whatever she is it have given great experience. The corrupted system she creates I got more than a full lvl in a tier 3 map when she popped in to give it.

Also from talking to people in game, not normal. By the time I finished the last act I had 2 exalt orbs. I'm not sure if they came from shards or what. I don't remember picking them up but I could have just missed it picking up all orbs. I had one by act7 and I noticed the other one sometime in act 10. This was before I bought a currency tab so who knows.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also some news on official forums, next expansion details reveals on the 16th:
It's been a couple of weeks since we checked in with the community about our upcoming content schedule and so we wanted to take a moment to let you know how things are going and what you can expect in the next few weeks!

At the end of this week, the ten-day Turmoil Event will start! You can find more information about this here. As an update to that post, we've also decided to increase the amount of Demigod's Dominances available for top racers! As per our initial plan, the top of each Ascendancy class will receive an Alternate Art Demigod's Dominance. In addition to this, players ranked #2-5 in each Ascendancy class will also receive a regular Demigod's Dominance.

During this week, Chris and Jonathan will be heading over to California to begin the press tour for the 3.1.0 expansion. This time around we don't have time to hold a fan meet-up, but if you live in San Francisco, you might see them out and about! During the press tour they'll be meeting with a selection of journalists to show them the upcoming 3.1.0 expansion.

As you may suspect, this does indeed confirm that the official announcement is just around the corner! We'll be officially unveiling the content of this expansion, its companion challenge league and new supporter packs on Thursday November 16th (PST). (Yes, this is an announcement of an announcement.)

We're still on schedule to hit our targeted release date of December 8th (PST) with the Harbinger League and 10 day Mayhem event ending shortly before this on December 4th (PST).

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Also some news on official forums, next expansion details reveals on the 16th:
It's been a couple of weeks since we checked in with the community about our upcoming content schedule and so we wanted to take a moment to let you know how things are going and what you can expect in the next few weeks!

At the end of this week, the ten-day Turmoil Event will start! You can find more information about this here. As an update to that post, we've also decided to increase the amount of Demigod's Dominances available for top racers! As per our initial plan, the top of each Ascendancy class will receive an Alternate Art Demigod's Dominance. In addition to this, players ranked #2-5 in each Ascendancy class will also receive a regular Demigod's Dominance.

During this week, Chris and Jonathan will be heading over to California to begin the press tour for the 3.1.0 expansion. This time around we don't have time to hold a fan meet-up, but if you live in San Francisco, you might see them out and about! During the press tour they'll be meeting with a selection of journalists to show them the upcoming 3.1.0 expansion.

As you may suspect, this does indeed confirm that the official announcement is just around the corner! We'll be officially unveiling the content of this expansion, its companion challenge league and new supporter packs on Thursday November 16th (PST). (Yes, this is an announcement of an announcement.)

We're still on schedule to hit our targeted release date of December 8th (PST) with the Harbinger League and 10 day Mayhem event ending shortly before this on December 4th (PST).

Kind odd actually. Figured they'd do some balancing / tweaking through a couple quarters of seasons. I think they made crazy bank off 3.0 though, especially with all the big streamers jumping on board and getting hooked so I guess this is the way forward. Works for me I guess, hope they don't get too goofy chasing that 3.0 hype.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hmm I think I'll just keep plodding along then, thanks.

Her in map missions so far at lvl 4 or whatever she is it have given great experience. The corrupted system she creates I got more than a full lvl in a tier 3 map when she popped in to give it.

Also from talking to people in game, not normal. By the time I finished the last act I had 2 exalt orbs. I'm not sure if they came from shards or what. I don't remember picking them up but I could have just missed it picking up all orbs. I had one by act7 and I noticed the other one sometime in act 10. This was before I bought a currency tab so who knows.
Exalts are pretty random, sometimes I hit maps with 2 in the bank, sometimes I make it to 85 without seeing a single one.

Kiroy Kiroy they make bank from the lootboxes/supporter packs, so pushing new leagues is their goal n.1, which is where most people jump back in and are eager to start a new char with fresh set of MTX. Balance changes sadly get only very few people excited.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Exalts are pretty random, sometimes I hit maps with 2 in the bank, sometimes I make it to 85 without seeing a single one.

Kiroy Kiroy they make bank from the lootboxes/supporter packs, so pushing new leagues is their goal n.1, which is where most people jump back in and are eager to start a new char with fresh set of MTX. Balance changes sadly get only very few people excited.
I mean, there would have been a new league regardless with new packs and stuff. Just this one has a sizeable patch on top which is why they call it an "expansion". Probably has a bunch of stuff that they cut from 3.0 because they weren't going to make it in time.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I mean, there would have been a new league regardless with new packs and stuff. Just this one has a sizeable patch on top which is why they call it an "expansion". Probably has a bunch of stuff that they cut from 3.0 because they weren't going to make it in time.
Yeah, but it's pretty established that nobody's going to get erect if they buff glacial hammer by another 17%, so that's not going to be the focus point of any announcement. Still, it'd be great if they did some tuning prior to the racing leagues, since that would freshen things up a bit.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but it's pretty established that nobody's going to get erect if they buff glacial hammer by another 17%, so that's not going to be the focus point of any announcement. Still, it'd be great if they did some tuning prior to the racing leagues, since that would freshen things up a bit.

My main worry is we're entering a new phase where leagues last 6+ months vs 3 so they can spit out an "expansion" with it for more hype. We'll see though, always my favorite gaming company so hopefully they stay grounded and not get too goofy. I play new league for about a month so a league every quarter was perfect for me. One month on two months off. An expansion league every 6 months would be a shitter.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Considering how the leagues die off after 2 months, I don't see how they can pull off a 6 month league without changing the carrot on the stick so to speak.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
My main worry is we're entering a new phase where leagues last 6+ months vs 3 so they can spit out an "expansion" with it for more hype. We'll see though, always my favorite gaming company so hopefully they stay grounded and not get too goofy. I play new league for about a month so a league every quarter was perfect for me. One month on two months off. An expansion league every 6 months would be a shitter.
I don't know their content pipeline, but it is very much possible 3.0.0 was supposed to launch few months earlier, which would put this expansion at the normal 6 months and they were developed in parallel. Just because everything got moved makes it look out of whack, but it definitely isn't their intention to cancel their plans of launching an expansion every 6 months.