Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know their content pipeline, but it is very much possible 3.0.0 was supposed to launch few months earlier, which would put this expansion at the normal 6 months and they were developed in parallel. Just because everything got moved makes it look out of whack, but it definitely isn't their intention to cancel their plans of launching an expansion every 6 months.

6 months for expansions is fine but they've been doing quarterly leagues for like 3 years (?) now and this is the first time we've gone 6 months same league. I no likey.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
6 months for expansions is fine but they've been doing quarterly leagues for like 3 years (?) now and this is the first time we've gone 6 months same league. I no likey.
And they have repeatedly stated that is not the plan.

Besides, your 6 months are clsoer to 4 League

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is blade flurry viable without really solid gear? Trying to figure out my plan of attack for the new league ahead of time and decided I wanna try a bf build, cyclone was fun but got bored of it. But nice thing about cyclone/molten strike was really easy to level with it. What's best way to level if aiming for blade flurry build, and is it viable in early maps with a limited budget say <25c (knowing my luck)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Blade flurry kinda sucks for map clearing. Gladiator's blood explosions is quite helpful for that though. I tried a build and found it good enough.

Sucks how much they nerfed area, saw how well the player base responded to the Tempest's Binding, and then were like "eh, maybe you'll get that back some day".

That said, projectiles + chain are beastly screen clearing skills since for a lot of skills, projectile speed essentially acts like radius.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I want VP and Bisco's nerfed into oblivion. JK -- but... yea... VP is so strong yet makes gameplay so boolean.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Did VP just get nerfed? I keep reading something about it but nothing specific. That's what my build is built around.

Edit - guess I need to finish my ascendancy. Do 40% more damage and take 10% more. Not a fan of the trials. I think it's a fantastic game mechanic, just doesn't work well for me. Just started mapping and that's pretty fun, at least till I run a map 100 times which I have not done yet. At tier 9 trying to get the maps to advance.

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Did VP just get nerfed? I keep reading something about it but nothing specific. That's what my build is built around.

Edit - guess I need to finish my ascendancy. Do 40% more damage and take 10% more. Not a fan of the trials. I think it's a fantastic game mechanic, just doesn't work well for me. Just started mapping and that's pretty fun, at least till I run a map 100 times which I have not done yet. At tier 9 trying to get the maps to advance.

No but it's one of those things that probably will get adjusted/nerfed.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Should probably wait until you see the expansion changes before figuring out a build for the new league. Since the passive tree was pretty much ignored in 3.0 the assumption is that a heavy passive tree change is in the books for the upcoming expansion which will drastically affect any type of build you might currently be planning.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think expecting heavy changes to the passive tree isnt very realistic. In general the #1 most intimidating thing getting into the game is when you first open the passive tree and GGG knows it. They keep it relatively similar even when making changes so that people can walk new players through it. If you look at the history of changes youll see they change 1 or 2 areas, usually dictated by starting class, at a time to keep it from getting overwhelming rather than wholesale changes.

Borzak

Newbie dumb question, does Vagan ever win?

Also this a common tactic? Level up and then do all the "questionable" stuff you might die in so you don't lose any experience? Then go back to leveling?

I'm a total newb and my first character I just went down the passive tree picking whatever looked good just so I could get an idea of how the game worked. Then I did a "real" build after I hit 60 and my first build wound up pretty close to the build I followed oddly enough. But the build I copied went much further away from my starting point eventually.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Map or Gem is probably the only stuff left I think? Unless it's a new trading related tab or some shit. Maps would need to have a lot of slots for it to be worth it though and some good searching options, gems would be pointless right now but it's possible the expansion will rework how gems work, possibly by adding mods to them or some shit.

10new gems, with 4 skills is a pretty good amount though.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Also this a common tactic? Level up and then do all the "questionable" stuff you might die in so you don't lose any experience? Then go back to leveling?

I do this through the 80s. Post 90 i dont really care anymore but if i make it halfway though a level ill focus up to push the next level.

Borzak

yeah that's where I'm at now, mid 80's leveled up tonight and did the last ascendancy I and server kicked everyone. Good thing I had like 5% exp.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10new gems, with 4 skills is a pretty good amount though.

If i had to guess these are going to be more of the skills they made for monsters in acts 5-10. We only saw 1 of them with 3.0 so im sure theres a backlog of more to be added at some point.

As far as the new stash tab, some of the files for it are already in the game.

Pji5h33.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak