Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know if t3 armor/weapon rooms drop league specific uniques like Rigwald/Abyss or map specfic like Starforge/Disfavor?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I just finished my shaper vid.

You've done extremely well breaking down the fight -- mechanically. Now it needs a little work on the presentation to make that mechanical information really accessible.

ANY information you write on the screen must be there for long enough that anyone can read it before you skip to the next scene. In this regard you do this extremely poorly. There's no where near enough time to read the text you put up without pausing the video. To fix this, re-watch the video in these parts and read the text out loud, word for word in a normal "narration-like" voice.

The cuts to black are terrible, jarring to the viewer and interrupt the train of thought.

Reducing the size of the explanation text, and using a black bar (rough guess would be the bottom of the screen), instead of the entire screen will tie in the words with the image and reinforce the message. It might even be a good idea to half or quarter speed the video at an info bar stage so that the viewer can see the action, and read the text without needing to lose focus on either one to absorb the info in a single pass.

You could also add some direction markers like arrows, or circles when talking things about Zana, Shaper Orbs, and Vortex Orbs. A simple circle of the object you are talking about will greatly enhance the speed of which a viewer can access this information.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know if t3 armor/weapon rooms drop league specific uniques like Rigwald/Abyss or map specfic like Starforge/Disfavor?
I saw some people say you can get headhunter from one of the rooms(other than sacrifice obviously) so yeah I'd assume so. The odds are astronomically low though, so it seems pointless to bother.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone got tier 3-4 maps they can donate?

also does anyone have a rough guideline on what to look for on rares? i know most unique dont sell for shit, but i feel like i could be making more currency if i knew what to look out for, atm i skip 90% of it, and just speed run maps in hopes of cards/orbs

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1 doc down 7 to go. Think I'll have the currency to buy the rest at 4 though.

Hit me up on Dead_Pen I can throw you whatever maps you need if I have them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I can donate some white maps. In game name ChineseQuality. I'm on/off all the time. Send me a whisper and I'll hear the ding even if I'm not playing then.

Made 92 which 91 went easier/faster than lvl 90. Died once, I was stopped looking at the temple before I ran an incursion and then boom dead, lag or something nothing was around. Ran some temples. I think most C I got from an item was 25. The omnitech seems kind of like a letdown, couldn't get any rooms to tier 3. It's all kind of a letdown after my first temple, tier 1 corruption champer, bisco's lol. Kind of downhill ever since.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Penance Penance and Borzak Borzak Let's just make tab 13, 14, and 15 our extra white, yellow, and red maps tab. Anything you don't need just drop in there. I have some to donate too.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok team better at POE than me, I just hit level 91 and have about 650C to my name. My character is HERE and i'm looking for advice. At level 12+ maps I've started to get to the point where random things can instagib me through 5.5k life and 6k armor with maxed resists. So either I need to up my DPS to rip through bosses/rares faster or I am missing something in how to run the build that i picked. This is only my second league to run a character to 90 so it might just be my inexperience; but if this is my character's top end I'd like to know what I could farm that would make me some real money because I guess I don't understand how people use budget builds and what they look for in low red tier maps to sell. Also, do any of you use helper programs/extensions to help farm?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Penance Penance and Borzak Borzak Let's just make tab 13, 14, and 15 our extra white, yellow, and red maps tab. Anything you don't need just drop in there. I have some to donate too.
Dropping maps in the guild stash is a fucking pain in the ass though, because of their weird coding that prevents them from letting you ctrl click shit. You have to manually drag and drop every item.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Dropping maps in the guild stash is a fucking pain in the ass though, because of their weird coding that prevents them from letting you ctrl click shit. You have to manually drag and drop every item.

That is the dumbest thing that they still need to fix.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok team better at POE than me, I just hit level 91 and have about 650C to my name

Get more life and life leech on the tree. Life leech is tied pretty heavily to your max life pool, and as a block/armor based character your ability to recover from large hits will be much easier the more life you have. Consider this tree: Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

Rigwald's Command is probably better than Prismatic Eclipse for your stat stick, but the best would be a Shaper weapon with 2 or 3 extra physical as elemental damage. I'd also replace your Maim gem with something else, like Chance to Bleed, Damage on Full Life, or even Fortify if you're still dying too much. If going with Fortify, grab a Perseverance belt for perma-Onslaught. If going something else, grab a Belt of the Deceiver for Intimidation. I don't think Sunder will perform in the really hard stuff without being crit, however.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, when looking for budget builds to copy, look for ones that are listed as Hardcore Viable. Even if you're not playing them on Hardcore, the inherent survivability of those builds will be much less frustrating than something some SC scrublord cooked up. They also tend to take advantage of obscure game mechanic interactions to get their damage or survivability.

Borzak

650c you should be able to gear up pretty well. I'm pretty sure that's less than in my entire build and I'm 92 and done most maps up to and including t15, 3 guardians. I still putz around in a 5l chest. I mean that's about 7ex at todays prices. I spent 50c on a jewel this morning and it's the most expensive item in my build.

On hardcore? Nevermind didn't know, don't know jack about HC. I do get a laugh looking at some builds listed as "budget friendly" and the first person will say X item is 3ex and you list it as required and one guy said his 14ex total really was in the budget category. If so I'm in the super super budget category, of course I'm not doing shaper or uber elder.

• 1Like

Borzak

Tier 3 and 4 maps in guild stash tab 15.

The ultimate "you know you are old when.." One of my students today said "I can't believe you play video games". We have running water and electricity too, believe it or not.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm in a different guild with RL friends. I don't know if you can be in 2 guilds at once in this game? Should be an option if not.

As for your build, I had the same problem with a pure phys double strike with resolute. After a while it becomes impossible to scale damage without crit or elements. As suggested a shaper stat stick and life leech are your cheapest roads to further your build. But you could probably go way further doing fire trapper on a 4L then with Sunder tbh.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
650c you should be able to gear up pretty well. I'm pretty sure that's less than in my entire build and I'm 92 and done most maps up to and including t15, 3 guardians. I still putz around in a 5l chest. I mean that's about 7ex at todays prices. I spent 50c on a jewel this morning and it's the most expensive item in my build.

On hardcore? Nevermind didn't know, don't know jack about HC. I do get a laugh looking at some builds listed as "budget friendly" and the first person will say X item is 3ex and you list it as required and one guy said his 14ex total really was in the budget category. If so I'm in the super super budget category, of course I'm not doing shaper or uber elder.
People have different opinions of what budget consists of. Some people make hundreds of exalts per league so a 15exalts build to start with is pretty budget, that said if the build requires a 3-5ex item, I definitely wouldn't put it on budget. If it can use one to make it better that's a different thing though. For example I was looking at some jug molten strike builds to do lab with next league, and the required uniques are like 2 wildfire jewels(currently 1alch, although they start higher obv) and 2 grelwood shanks which are 2 alch. Now there's also Xoph blood in there and that shit's 10+ex, but that's just a big luxury item. Lets you respec out of avatar of fire and do a bunch more damage but you can use other shit in the meanwhile. It's super meta because of ele hit so it's stupidly priced atm, maybe if they nerf ele hit into the ground it won't be nearly as bad next league but still pretty bad due to how annoying it is to get.