Path of Exile

Caliane

Do you boys think quad herald bv be viable? For some reason, heralds make my dick hard and the thought of running 4 at once makes me light headed due to all my blood entering my penis at once.
yes.

Alot of speculation a 5th herald in the unannounced gems as well. A chaos/poison one.
That won't have the added phys, conversion, hatred/ash synergies however.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Scourge was fuckin cool to use gotta admit.

I loved it during the BF poison meta, those wolves would get the fortify and faster attacks from whirling blades you had socketed in it. This meta is going to be all about that D P S though and how far into delves you can get.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm leaning towards barrage (tornado shot to clear thru the easy stuff, barrage for bosses and harder stuff) ranged attack totems, Quill Rain stacking poison. Something tells me that firing crazy piercing projectiles down the hallway is the way to go.

Push Delve in SC first, make support Occultist later in season on HC.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm leaning towards barrage (tornado shot to clear thru the east stuff, barrage for bosses and harder stuff) ranged attack totems, Quill Rain stacking poison. Something tells me that firing crazy piercing projectiles down the hallway is the way to go.

Push Delve in SC first, make support Occultist later in season on HC.

Yeah im going to image wanders and bow toons are going to really do work with how wild their DPS is currently. The way this is shaping up I am going to probably play with a group and want to KMS farming for mirrors the first 3 days instead of playing alone peacefully. This league its my turn to be the seller / bitch boi too, really not looking forward to interacting with traders.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting a div card made is what, 1k? If ppl on here wanted to poop their resources together I’d be willing to contribute, may be cool to get some foh themed div card into the game if any ideas

Caliane

Staff is pretty cool.

"trigger on consume" So, Offerings, detonate skills, or bodyswap. some serious potential.

problem. its a staff. red/blue. proj gems might be a pain in the ass to get on it. Cremation scales with projectiles. smite also can use staves.

Xeo1IVGMrpBXG6BywB_5UfNlDyPS4cQvxW9Vq1ZHSkY.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You only need 2 greens for phantasms, GMP and Faster proj. They cast spells still, it's like a shitty EK, so you want echo/controlled destruction/minion damage and maybe added fire or some other shit I don't know. So it won't be hard to roll the right sockets, and they don't have to be linked so that's nice. I think a staff is perfectly playable as a summoner at least, you do lose the shield slot with necro aegis but you can do without, just the 45-66phys damage on minions is pretty big for damage output to compensate, you still have block chance. You could do skeles too, typical necro build, and use hatred with generosity and grip of the council for some massive added cold scaling. The main concern as usual is having to use leap slam instead of WB/shield charge, but it's not THAT bad I guess, sucks the weapon didn't come with 26% cast/attackspeed instead though.

Also one interesting thing to note about minions is that in the herald of purity teaser, they mentionned there will be new minion passives in the tree. That's possibly a pretty big deal, especially if some of them are like accuracy(great for SRS/AW builds mostly, they're also adding unique gloves to help but it's only 1k accuracy, having more would be nice), and if there's a keystone with fancy new tech.

Overall the shift from Guardian to a team based or minion based attacking build and all the new minions centric gear, skills and passives might end up shaking stuff up for minion builds. Which for someone like me who played minion builds 90% of my entire time in PoE, is a pretty nice change.

And I guess it can be played in non minion builds too, but I'm not sure it'll be worth it then. I guess some weird detonate/cremation/volatile hybrid thing, but you won't scale the minions for shit most likely, so I question how good that is, unless Guardian has some "your spell damage adds minions damage" stuff, or they have this as a notable on the tree or something.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Was already thinking about rolling summoner again this league, all this minion related stuff is good news!

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed running burning spectres back in Abyss league. I guess I need to wait for patch notes but I am excited to try a skeleton or zombie summoner build or some form of a BV build.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Knitted horror specters are gonna be back, baby!

Edit: Aw fuck, not only are they not desecratable, but they're not "spells" like I thought. Slashed miscreations are phys spells though, so they may be a good specter to slot into your staff if you don't just use a 5l/6l Vis Mortis. Also with the new +1 Specter on rare boots with craftable mods, it's gonna be a summoner league for sure.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Getting a div card made is what, 1k? If ppl on here wanted to poop their resources together I’d be willing to contribute, may be cool to get some foh themed div card into the game if any ideas
Get us all the details and we can probably pool that quite easily.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

If its just instant casting, aka, cast while running. a small but nice QoL.

If, instant casting allows casting WHILE channeling, or using other skills. its completely gamechanging.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't this allow for easier shaper "squares", something they don't want? If you can permanently bottleneck elder influence at 4 maps, you can elder/shaper farm other parts of the map besides UGS. Not sure there actually ARE better maps than Elder UGS. But whatever, farming for farming's sake, boring.

Strongholds themselves look fun.

My guess is that it's going to be cast while running, which is still a nice little perk.

Caliane

r/pathofexile - Introducing Instant Skills

Previously, we used "instant" to refer to skills with a cast time of zero. These skills took no time to do, but you still had to actually do them - this meant you couldn't do them while doing other things, because the character can only have a single current action. So you have to finish your current action/stop moving, and then you could do the instant thing (taking no time), then go on to something else (or start moving again). So while skills were instant in that they themselves took no time to execute, because the character can only do one thing at once, there was generally some small delay becasue you had to stop/finish your other actions first, and start a new one after.
Now, "instant" for skills also means that you can "use" them without them ever being your current action - you can use the skill without that being the thing your character is doing - so you can use an instant skill in the middle of executing a non-instant skill, or while moving.
The implementation borrows from triggered skills, but unlike triggered skills, instant skills are still something you use, meaning you need to pay any costs, and won't be able to do them when you can't use skills - like while you're frozen or stunned, for example.
tl;dr: Your character no longer has to actively "do" an instant skill when you use it.

so, you can use instant warcrys, WHILE bladeflurrying.. or cycloning, or leapslaming, etc.. Self cast immortal call on the table.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Damn, just what the game needed.

Now, just give me time to react to danger so I can press my situational cooldowns.

I also hope this means they're starting to implement animation canceling so they can tone down the ridiculousness of stacking attack speed and movement skills.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Animation cancelling would so help bridge the gap between melee and ranged. I don't care if they need to nerf the numbers on multistrike. Just do it already >8(