Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Probably going to play my trapper for another week then transition him(or roll another character) to a new build. Looking for something that's autobomberish, can kill while moving. Given how rippy Syndicate can be, I'm also adding the requirement of tanky.

Anyone have suggestions for a build that fits those requirements? I had Conc Path build ready to go but the stat stick nerf kinda put a damper on it. I really want to try a cold CoC build but I suspect an optimized CoC build can't be tanky because it requires Assassin.

Really wish poe.ninja would let you search by support first.

Goonsquad Officer
Meant to post this in PoE thread and not the D3 one.

So I am in Act 2 at level 20 so far as a Ranger, I have no idea how badly I have fucked up the skill tree already. I have no idea how loot and shit really works in this game as well as all of the gems/currency ect.

I mean at a basic level I understand everything about the game but goddamn is the game more complex than people seem to admit. I am sure if I really wanted to get into the shit I could learn the ins and outs of this but as a casual player I have to say PoE is fucking overwhelming.
When I'm not stuck at the hospital I can help on discord. Really, just tune out the noise . do all the quests. follow a build guide and ease into the water as you feel comfy.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I’m making some progress and doing ok. It takes a little bit more research of info to not totally fuck up but even Diablo2 required that. The only thing that’s really killing me right now are certain bosses that require me to yolo in about 20 times before they die. The second you stop to do any damage they just start shitting out projectiles and ground effects and it’s either keep running and do no damage or get a few hits in, die, and repeat that until the boss dies. I fought one last night with the little silver bubbles that float around and the fucking boss is always in/behind/beside them. So either run around for 20 minutes dodging them while getting in no hits or do some damage for quite literally 2 seconds before you die and repeat it. I’ll head off and hit the next level before I take on some of them so exp loss isn’t a factor.

That’s just character development though. You mention upgrading boxes, no idea that’s a thing. Maps? Yeah some have dropped but I couldn’t say what they do other than running maps is something I’ve heard about. Personally I like that itll take a few months to get a handle on everything going on in the game. I can understand a little of people’s frustration but it seems like the only thing people really need to do is figure out gems, links and the passive skill tree. All easily accessible info. I haven’t found anything I couldn’t handle other than select shitty bosses with just that amount of knowledge.

When I started last league I made a witch thinking i'd just run about and blow shit up like in torchlight or something. Big mistake was making that as my first choice as it's got no survivability unless it's quite well geared later on. I switched over to a pathfinder (ranged avoidance build) later and that was better.

I should have played a melee like this jugg i'm playing right now first time round and learned the encounters really as it was sooo frustrating sometimes - some map bosses will really fuck you up later even with defences as you have to move alot to avoid one shot mechanics all the time. Games brutal sometimes and it's a bitch losing xp after level 90.

I can't find a link but if you can find it there's a map guide someplace (i think it's on reddit somewhere) with a google spreadsheet of all the bosses. That should be required reading as you'll definitely want to know what the mobs do in some cases otherwise it's a waste of a map as you'll enter again and probably get one shot over and over..

Be sure to have decent flasks.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I haven’t paid much attention to flasks yet but I know I’m going to have to eventually. I’m only 64 so I’m plowing through right now and trying to learn as I go. I went slayer which is isn’t as suitable as champion or jugg for my mostly face tank sort of style and cyclone isn’t really a great boss killer so I need to set up a single target gem. Cyclone is good for at least being able to do drive bys on the boss due to the damage on the move, but it does take like 50 attacks to kill the harder ones. I’m following a build but there’s not a whole lot of info to optomize when you’re not more end game and I’m trying to save currency until I get there

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tip for playing Cyclone: make sure you right click as close to your character as possible for greater mobility.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why can't they just give sulphite in the delve and let you keep pushing till u either leave or die

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
cause delve is probably the most lucrative place in the game as far as ex per hour goes

it's annoying just done a map after a few sulphite upgrades to 700 and the first node filled up the bar. I'm just heading down anyway, can't be arsed with sideways i'll just sit on the crawler and wait for a patch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
it's annoying just done a map after a few sulphite upgrades to 700 and the first node filled up the bar. I'm just heading down anyway, can't be arsed with sideways i'll just sit on the crawler and wait for a patch.

ya that's the part they should fix when they get around to it, just only focus on upgrading your capacity until 3k (like 2 more upgrades) and you're good to go, next upgrade after that is 5k and you'll find yourself heading into delves w/o a full bar

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
delve is only fucked up until you upgrade to 3k sulf and then it's perfectly fine, perfectly balanced, focus on the upgrade shit and it's really no problem. people are acting like it's the end of the world that they have to focus on a thing for a few hours to make it smooth, so yes, they could balance out the early stages but if you aren't 100+ with 5k cap after a day or two of mapping I don't know what to tell you. It shouldn't be high on the priority list compared to some of the other bugs they have going on right now
That's fine and all. The shittiest and most boring way to play Delve, but as you say it will end...............eventually. I think the real issue is that people are saying fuck this shit and just not doing Delve at all and that's why GGG made it a top priority.

To be clear, I don't really care much about any of that. This is the problem I want solved one way or another: Trade - Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
That's fine and all. The shittiest and most boring way to play Delve, but as you say it will end...............eventually. I think the real issue is that people are saying fuck this shit and just not doing Delve at all and that's why GGG made it a top priority.

To be clear, I don't really care much about any of that. This is the problem I want solved one way or another: Trade - Path of Exile

i'm sure people are throwing their hands up and doing that for some reason, but it took me one day of poop socking (probably 12 hours) to get 3k plus capacity just by playing normally and heading in when I had a full bar and only focusing on the upgrade. I didn't even do it efficiently by popping out of maps to delve when I was in the shit phase of upgrading

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
12 hours is probably a week to most of the playerbase AFTER leveling up. That's more than a week of "Delve sucks" stewing in a player's head. It's quite understandable why they made this a high priority.

Evernothing

I mean, if that's what you like, do that. But it's quite common for people to put a chaos-value threshold of items that they won't leave the map because it's generally not worth selling those items compared to the monsters you could be killing.

How should I set my FilterBlade to do this?

I think I'm on Normal strictness now, and it's still telling me to pick up shit that's only worth 1chrom or sometimes less. I'm in Act 9 atm.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
cause delve is probably the most lucrative place in the game as far as ex per hour goes

Ya, adjust drops accordingly

Maybe not, they are obviously the best ARPG maker in town and I'm probably wrong to second guess them

They do admit it needs some revision

I just wanted a "can keep pushing harder" infinite mechanic without grinding tons of old stuff in between

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How should I set my FilterBlade to do this?

I think I'm on Normal strictness now, and it's still telling me to pick up shit that's only worth 1chrom or sometimes less. I'm in Act 9 atm.
Not filtering, I mean someone messages you for a 1c item and you're mapping, you ignore it. If you're in your HO just fucking off, make the trade.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Tip for playing Cyclone: make sure you right click as close to your character as possible for greater mobility.

You mean for circling while still in range and stuff like that? I will admit that I’ve eaten deaths by being lazy and spam clicking and spinning into void zones more than once. I’ve gotten decent at it but I run into bosses that just seem to have no openings. I start a spin, they drop death on me and that’s a wrap. L2p and all that but goddamn, that frog in the mud pits in the gardens with the whole screen full of bubbles of death and he’s clear of them for about a second of every ten.

Vorph

How much LGoH do you have? Yugul is a bitch for a lot of builds but I would think Cyclone should have a fairly easy time of it provided you have enough sustain. I've never played Cyclone without Ngamahu though, and that was back before Vaal Pact got gutted.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
You mean for circling while still in range and stuff like that? I will admit that I’ve eaten deaths by being lazy and spam clicking and spinning into void zones more than once. I’ve gotten decent at it but I run into bosses that just seem to have no openings. I start a spin, they drop death on me and that’s a wrap. L2p and all that but goddamn, that frog in the mud pits in the gardens with the whole screen full of bubbles of death and he’s clear of them for about a second of every ten.

He's not an easy boss, but as Vorph said above, with high LGoH you can just about face tank him really.