Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The skill is mostly alright. The area still tends to leave a few stragglers unless you're meticulous about targeting precisely as you go.

I'm not a fan of the Nebujugg version, I played that last league. I found those weapons to be a liability at the high end because they have no local attack speed modifier, making shield charge and especially leap slam feel slugging. Leap slam might be better this league though.

Crit swords with a Gluttony belt and permanent Immortal Call is what I was planning for this league until the stat stick nerf.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
FYI, I didn't see this posted yet and it might be easily missed, but when you raid a safe house, you get a room for every single person in the same organization (those are the side rooms). So like if you are raiding the transportation safehouse, and you have the leader and 2 others in transportation, the safehouse loot room will have 3 rooms in it, corresponding to how it was setup. The leader I think just gives you an added bonus.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
FYI, I didn't see this posted yet and it might be easily missed, but when you raid a safe house, you get a room for every single person in the same organization (those are the side rooms). So like if you are raiding the transportation safehouse, and you have the leader and 2 others in transportation, the safehouse loot room will have 3 rooms in it, corresponding to how it was setup. The leader I think just gives you an added bonus.
From my experience, the leader gives double rewards, so double chest of whatever or double tiny challenge, for instance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That is quite a bit better. Now dump the Mana flask for a silver flask so you can have onslaught and get used to having Quicksilver+diamond+silver always going. You should be clearing fast enough to have all three going pretty much the whole map.
Besides economy, getting used to just how critical flasks are and using them to clear was one of those duh moments for me as a new player.

I also have a bad habit of double tapping them which bites me on bosses.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing around with brands. Very fun skills. Rare that they make a skill that feels good from the start.

What I can't figure out is how Brand Recall is supposed to be used. All I've been doing is casting new brands into a pack. How are you supposed to easily determine that hitting brand recall is correct instead? How many brands will end up getting? Will it summon enough brands to kill the pack and will they last long enough?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit I use Brand Recall on cooldown almost. Basically the best way to think about Brands are as totems that move, so you need to get into the mindset of frequently moving them - sometimes you will move them into an inefficient location, it's natural. Charging into a pack is a great time to hit Brand Recall, but also if something is chasing me I'll recall my Brands and let the enemy run into them. I also use it to refresh Brands on bosses, but I think (not sure at all) that Brand Recall will reset activation time to be instant for a quick burst of damage. Brand Recall places all of your active Brands around you, and as a Hierophant you can have up to 6, everyone else gets up to 5. I don't like the default uptime on Brands, so I've invested heavily into inc duration, and it's looking like my brands will stay attached for 12.5 seconds and unattached for 25 seconds with all of the inc duration on the tree.

I think if I can get enough currency on this guy I'm going to save up for an Occultist version.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Never played that game.

I guess with a longer duration, brand recall seems easier to play with. No idea how you got the duration that high James. But I don't want to be in the middle of a pack to use it.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's 150% inc duration on the tree for Brands, 90% from the usual suspects around Scion, 40% from the totem wheel between Templar and Marauder, and 20% from the Brand wheel above Assassin. Don't know why you wouldn't want to be in the middle of the pack to use it, it basically ensures all 5 or 6 Brands attach immediately which is huge synergy and capable of blowing just about anything up.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's 150% inc duration on the tree for Brands, 90% from the usual suspects around Scion, 40% from the totem wheel between Templar and Marauder, and 20% from the Brand wheel above Assassin. Don't know why you wouldn't want to be in the middle of the pack to use it, it basically ensures all 5 or 6 Brands attach immediately which is huge synergy and capable of blowing just about anything up.

FWIW noticed one of the guys using brands is putting brand recall in a +2 shield 3 linked with an empower 4 and enhance 4. His brand recall is also corrupted to be +1.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like a great QOL setup if you got the money for it, bet it would be great on Occultist.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No trap is considered an attack skill, they're all spells. Increased crit chance is as effective for traps as anything else.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have failed every Abyss I have come across. I chase them and kill for about 3 moves and then they just end. What gives?

I completed everyone I found last league. Am I just not doing enough DPS? I'm Arc Trap and have no problem clearing anything else so far.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After 3 or 4 moves (usually 3), the Abyss stops and a chest that's really hard to see pops out of the ground. That chest contains one Abyss jewel and a smattering of items. Rarely, after the third or fourth move, a door will open up into an Abyss cavern where you can either open a majiggy for a Stygian belt and some jewels, or more rarely fight a boss for one of the Abyss uniques (Tombfist, et al).