Path of Exile

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean for circling while still in range and stuff like that?

Cyclone will Cyclone to the indicated destination, and you won't be able to change course until you hit that destination. Thus if your indicated destination is one step in front of you, it's much easier to respond to unexpected events. It's something that took me quite a bit of practice to master, it's very easy to mis-click much farther than you need to.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
First day on in a week, and my god the inflation. Lol

Was able to get the best items on trade for 1c before last week, now a decent sword is 75c to 1+ex . . .

Going to grind all tomorrow (day off), hoping to catch up a bit.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Can you have more than one cast when damage taken? I have one that has Ancestral Protector, Immortal Call and Lightning Golem (all heading to level 20). I have a spare 4 link and no idea what to do with it, is there a good defensive setup? For Jugg and Tanking or slowing enemy's or something - seems wasted at the moment - everything else is sorted out movement etc.

If i have 2 do they have to be different levels of CWDT or something? Or can you just have many of them if you really wanted to do that for some reason.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Can you have more than one cast when damage taken? I have one that has Ancestral Protector, Immortal Call and Lightning Golem (all heading to level 20). I have a spare 4 link and no idea what to do with it, is there a good defensive setup? For Jugg and Tanking or slowing enemy's or something - seems wasted at the moment - everything else is sorted out movement etc.

If i have 2 do they have to be different levels of CWDT or something? Or can you just have many of them if you really wanted to do that for some reason.
As many as you want as long as they don't touch is the only rule. Each CWDT can cast one thing which can have supports.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

You can do another setup yeah, molten shell, some sort of chilled ground effect, a curse(if you don't have one), that kind of stuff, tends to work well.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't even think about this, but holy shit Brands just keep getting better:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How do the various +% damage modifiers interact with a skill like molten strike? I have a ring with an empty enchant slot and currently don't need any resists, but I'm not sure how the math works with it converting base damage to fire. Do I want flat physical added, or % physical? Should I be using added fire/% fire since I run heart of fire? Or just go with one of the generic +elemental attack skills?

Last edited:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've had a few escape from Transport missions (always just one), but I've killed all the rest of them.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'd like to give hardcore a go as it would probably make me a better league player as I die all the fucking time...I just die less playing Jugg.

Do you you just stack HP and use very little DPS skills? Must be a nightmare in HCSSF. Do you avoid some bosses and stuff like that - i know levellers often leave the bosses well alone past 97-98 as tis not worth the hassle. Have you ever made 100 in HC?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Highest I've made it to was 92 in Incursion and Prophecy, but T16 maps many more times. I usually get level 90 and then go kill myself by doing something stupid because I want harder content than I'm ready for. That max block Gladiator in Prophecy was a baller though, I had to intentionally suicide him at the end of the league.

EDIT: I do not skip bosses without at least trying them first. Keeps things exciting.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did another test clear with a slightly different set up and a movespeed potion.

That is quite a bit better. Now dump the Mana flask for a silver flask so you can have onslaught and get used to having Quicksilver+diamond+silver always going. You should be clearing fast enough to have all three going pretty much the whole map.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Highest I've made it to was 92 in Incursion and Prophecy, but T16 maps many more times. I usually get level 90 and then go kill myself by doing something stupid because I want harder content than I'm ready for. That max block Gladiator in Prophecy was a baller though, I had to intentionally suicide him at the end of the league.

EDIT: I do not skip bosses without at least trying them first. Keeps things exciting.

that's exactly my problem, if i'm grinding in t5 I just think oh well I'll just do this t10 and bang lose 10%. it does get tedious to play it safe though. I like the rippy stuff sometimes. I was reading about a max block Delve build some guy did that was at 800 or so and it took him like 5 mins to clear each encounter but he just wouldn't die haha. It's super easy to overstep in this game as it's such a fine balance sometimes.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was like this in softcore too, though. Hit level 90, get bored with character, reroll. The 90-100 grind has 0 appeal to me, but I suspect this league I'll be able to make it to the mid 90s just trying to consume all the content.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I was like this in softcore too, though. Hit level 90, get bored with character, reroll. The 90-100 grind has 0 appeal to me, but I suspect this league I'll be able to make it to the mid 90s just trying to consume all the content.
I usually go to around 95 max.

I am on my second character right now with my first one being level 86.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
is there a guild for this leauge? if so in game name is Strossus just hit lvl 16, so have a way to go still

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
He's not an easy boss, but as Vorph said above, with high LGoH you can just about face tank him really.

What is lgoh? Also ran into a mob that I couldn’t kill today for the first time. One of the Einhar animals, a crab or something. It moved at light speed, had a damn near one shot hit and I could not remove its energy shield, I think I may have gotten the shield to 30% on one of the tries. I couldn’t do any dmg at all , thus no leech and finally gave up and moved on. Other than that things were smooth, all the actual bosses were no sweat. I finally got onslaught back through one of the passive nodes, makes moving through zones so much nicer since cyclone keeps it up while on the move.

Nm, life gain on hit. I’m levelling the gem but it isn’t linked yet since I don’t have a good fit for it. I have a good amount of leech though from the passive tree, just about all of them at this point. If I’m hitting anything I’m not going to die except to the massive damage stuff, such as those bubbles. Any boss fight with adds is easy mode from all the leeching I get.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What is lgoh? Also ran into a mob that I couldn’t kill today for the first time. One of the Einhar animals, a crab or something. It moved at light speed, had a damn near one shot hit and I could not remove its energy shield, I think I may have gotten the shield to 30% on one of the tries. I couldn’t do any dmg at all and finally gave up and moved on. Other than that things were smooth, all the actual bosses were no sweat. I finally got onslaught back through one of the passive nodes, makes moving through zones so much nicer since cyclone keeps it up while on the move.
Life Gain on Hit.