Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it's better to just spam safehouses as quickly as possible and ignore their 'quality' because it takes for-fucking-ever to fill the boss bar and it doesn't seem worth it to slow your progress to a crawl just to try to get 5 rooms in every safehouse.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Interrogate = imprison.

So you are going to want to not open portals to the safe house until you start interrogating the one that is the leader.

The entire process needs some work and isn’t super intuitive but I am liking it.

If you don't open the portals within a few turns it goes away and you have to get more points for that safehouse to get it back open. I've lost a couple waiting around trying to get a higher level guy in there.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Good news on Delve:

One of ggg’s greatest assets, and biggest flaws, is they listen to the whining too much. Delve is perfectly fine if you focussed on upgrading capacity. Little annoying they are putting manpower into this when there is so many other bugs that need tending

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Ripped at 89. I think I'm going to pass this league. New skills don't really excite me. The skills I play with I'm burned out on and don't have anything new. The Betrayal mechanic is interesting but obtuse despite the little help menu and the swarm of graphics everywhere when Betrayal mobs spawn kills my comp and my eyes.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of ggg’s greatest assets, and biggest flaws, is they listen to the whining too much. Delve is perfectly fine if you focussed on upgrading capacity. Little annoying they are putting manpower into this when there is so many other bugs that need tending
Couldn't possibly disagree more. Core Delve being complete dogshit compared to Delve league is by far my number one complaint about Betrayal and I hope they put actual effort into rebalancing it for core rather than just some bandaid fix.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It was funny. At the start of Delve I was all like "This shit sucks theres like NO LOOT compared to Incursion". But then once you got to 200-300 it was raining chaos from the sky.

The biggest fuck up they did with Delve was the fact you could spend all day on the first 50 levels of it collecting a billion chaos. They had to balance that, but yes, I'm really confused why it was so painfully difficult to get anywhere on Delve, given that they introduced you to it at a higher level (act 6 was it?) and you're forced to do level 10 content just to farm the initial azurite. They really should have started the costs super low for sure.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I just ignored delve until the main shaft capped out with leveling. It's more of a grind compared to when sulfite was raining out of the sky, and it was a bit shitty for the first few runs until I got to level-parity depth but it hasn't been that bad.

All around, my approach has been to just play whatever's available subject to what the RNG puts in front of me. I've yet to feel like I'm missing something to work on. It's fun so far.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had a primordial might drop and just noticed they buffed the drop rate of it, takes like 60c to get golem builds going now this early no longer the 1ex+.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, says im not in a guild now. TalaelOcc. Also getting a pvp error when i zone, so could be instability.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone mentioned the other day that the guild was running out of room. Can remove me if needed, I'm not playing this league.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You can buy stuff to complete you build super easy off poe.trade. I played up to part 2 with just the random crap drops I found and then bought resist gear from people.

I haven’t sold shit (mostly because I don’t think I’ve looted anything worth a damn) - I just break everything down and save my alch’s.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Couldn't possibly disagree more. Core Delve being complete dogshit compared to Delve league is by far my number one complaint about Betrayal and I hope they put actual effort into rebalancing it for core rather than just some bandaid fix.

delve is only fucked up until you upgrade to 3k sulf and then it's perfectly fine, perfectly balanced, focus on the upgrade shit and it's really no problem. people are acting like it's the end of the world that they have to focus on a thing for a few hours to make it smooth, so yes, they could balance out the early stages but if you aren't 100+ with 5k cap after a day or two of mapping I don't know what to tell you. It shouldn't be high on the priority list compared to some of the other bugs they have going on right now

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Meant to post this in PoE thread and not the D3 one.

So I am in Act 2 at level 20 so far as a Ranger, I have no idea how badly I have fucked up the skill tree already. I have no idea how loot and shit really works in this game as well as all of the gems/currency ect.

I mean at a basic level I understand everything about the game but goddamn is the game more complex than people seem to admit. I am sure if I really wanted to get into the shit I could learn the ins and outs of this but as a casual player I have to say PoE is fucking overwhelming.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So I am in Act 2 at level 20 so far as a Ranger, I have no idea how badly I have fucked up the skill tree already. I have no idea how loot and shit really works in this game as well as all of the gems/currency ect.

I mean at a basic level I understand everything about the game but goddamn is the game more complex than people seem to admit. I am sure if I really wanted to get into the shit I could learn the ins and outs of this but as a casual player I have to say PoE is fucking overwhelming.

Except it really isn't all that complicated at the low end. You can finish Act 10 with very little experience and knowledge. If you want to kill Uber Elder, then you're going to have to dive much deeper and learn a bunch more things.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I've used arc totems as a league starter for like 4 leagues now. It is hard to beat for speed/value if done right. You could cut a few minutes off of each run if you replaced a mana flask with a Quicksilver. Even with MOM I rarely ran a mana flask, let alone two. It is also much faster to just constantly stutter drop totems at the edge of the screen instead of waiting to see the packs and dropping them closer to your character. You eventually get a feel for the pacing of dropping them so that each totem drop is essentially clearing one screen ahead (that also helps a lot with not needing to backtrack or wait for looting).

Did another test clear with a slightly different set up and a movespeed potion.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It was funny. At the start of Delve I was all like "This shit sucks theres like NO LOOT compared to Incursion". But then once you got to 200-300 it was raining chaos from the sky.

The biggest fuck up they did with Delve was the fact you could spend all day on the first 50 levels of it collecting a billion chaos. They had to balance that, but yes, I'm really confused why it was so painfully difficult to get anywhere on Delve, given that they introduced you to it at a higher level (act 6 was it?) and you're forced to do level 10 content just to farm the initial azurite. They really should have started the costs super low for sure.

So nice around 400-450 as it was 20-30 chaos or so, a couple red maps and the odd opulent box in the delves - not to mention the high end bases, astral boxes, fossils and div cards (loved seeing 8 light strongboxes). The vaal temples drop a metric fuckton of high end currency like divines/annuls/exalts. It's good as you are forced to move sideways at that point anyway as the +ele pen and crazy ass modfiers make some delves deadly. The flask nerfs will hurt in those runs now.

It's a brilliant way to sustain your red map base, the best way I think. Anyone who doesn't delve deep is really missing out as it's kinda fun too, hectic as anything but fun. They really did nail the risk v reward with delving.

Am really looking forward to getting deep in the mines.

Caliane

Meant to post this in PoE thread and not the D3 one.

oh it absolutely is. I was going to say,"I don't think we're not aware of it, thats part of the appeal" but then theres Sabbat.. lol. the game might be easy till act 5. but that doesn't mean the complexity hasn't started.

Act 2, you don't even know...
The crafting system. the currency system. div cards, whats an abyss? whats a breach? you might have found essances. seen strongboxs, but im sure you didnt know you can use currency on them to mod them for better drops. maps. you've passed a few lab trials, but no idea what that is.
Even understanding, gem sockets.

We've had league after league added to the base game now. And yes, the games depth is unparalleled.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
oh it absolutely is. I was going to say,"I don't think we're not aware of it, thats part of the appeal" but then theres Sabbat.. lol.

Act 2, you don't even know...
The crafting system. the currency system. div cards, whats an abyss? whats a breach? you might have found essances. seen strongboxs, but im sure you didnt know you can use currency on them to mod them for better drops. maps. you've passed a few lab trials, but no idea what that is.
Even understanding, gem sockets.

We've had league after league added to the base game now. And yes, the games depth is unparalleled.

I’m making some progress and doing ok. It takes a little bit more research of info to not totally fuck up but even Diablo2 required that. The only thing that’s really killing me right now are certain bosses that require me to yolo in about 20 times before they die. The second you stop to do any damage they just start shitting out projectiles and ground effects and it’s either keep running and do no damage or get a few hits in, die, and repeat that until the boss dies. I fought one last night with the little silver bubbles that float around and the fucking boss is always in/behind/beside them. So either run around for 20 minutes dodging them while getting in no hits or do some damage for quite literally 2 seconds before you die and repeat it. I’ll head off and hit the next level before I take on some of them so exp loss isn’t a factor.

That’s just character development though. You mention upgrading boxes, no idea that’s a thing. Maps? Yeah some have dropped but I couldn’t say what they do other than running maps is something I’ve heard about. Personally I like that itll take a few months to get a handle on everything going on in the game. I can understand a little of people’s frustration but it seems like the only thing people really need to do is figure out gems, links and the passive skill tree. All easily accessible info. I haven’t found anything I couldn’t handle other than select shitty bosses with just that amount of knowledge.