Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Occultist has a lot of fun and really been great for CoC so far, about 1/3 of the way through leveling @ level 95. I am in love with the ES regen and the double curse explosions from it and all these cold builds has me wanting to swap from CoC to cold for the last 2/3 of leveling.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After 3 or 4 moves (usually 3), the Abyss stops and a chest that's really hard to see pops out of the ground. That chest contains one Abyss jewel and a smattering of items. Rarely, after the third or fourth move, a door will open up into an Abyss cavern where you can either open a majiggy for a Stygian belt and some jewels, or more rarely fight a boss for one of the Abyss uniques (Tombfist, et al).

Right. No chests or Abyss cavern so far this league. It just disapears after 3rd move.

Caliane

No trap is considered an attack skill, they're all spells. Increased crit chance is as effective for traps as anything else.
This is not entirely correct.

Traps are traps. Granted, All active traps are spells.
"Trap Support" can be attached to spells or ranged attack.

Traps are Thrown, not Cast.

Ranged attack totem, ranged attack mines, and ranged attack traps are definitely a thing, no one ever really considers. I am not 100% certain why. attack speed and leech are too easy to get, to justify remote attacking?

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's probably not the most optimal build as Arc totems, but I've been running Freezing Pulse totems and it's actually really fun, especially with the +1 extra totem craft.

I was thinking about chucking Ice Spear into the my 6L and seeing what that would be like, but the build I am using uses 2 of the First Snow jewels, so I guess I'd just change out the First Snows for just life/crit chance/totem damage jewels or something along those lines.

Also would it be worth running an Essence Worm to run Herald of Ice for the extra explosion damage after I get a Clear Mind?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I guess they know what they're doing, but the MTX pricing in this game surprises me. $60 for a set of visual effects seems exorbitant. I have to imagine price elasticity is enough that they'd pull more revenue at half or even a third of those price points.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess they know what they're doing, but the MTX pricing in this game surprises me. $60 for a set of visual effects seems exorbitant. I have to imagine price elasticity is enough that they'd pull more revenue at half or even a third of those price points.

Bought one of those $60 packs that came with coins. Just wanted more bag space basically. The armor was a bonus.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I want to make a decent helmet a make it a 6 link.

If I buy a base that's got concentrated effect and immolate on it - if I scour it does it lose those effects? I want to craft it with an essence of horror and then maybe do something more with it once I have some currency. Is that how it's done? Someone posted one on the reddit thread and i want to make something like it. this is what he made but i'm not interested in the +2 stuff. That way I can pick up a koam's and lose this shitty 6 link i'm wearing.

Is that how you would go about it? I've never crafted much except chucking fossils at stuff last time.

F9mcVaJ.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The packs aren't the problem at all. It's the price of almost everything you spend the coins on that is insane. Armor sets actually somewhat reasonable compared to the rest of it, the biggest issue there is that they make a set to sell for $42 and then recolor it half a dozen times. Strangely, some of the ugliest weapon effects they've made cost $27+. There are single weapon skin for $36. A flying cat that doesn't do anything but follow you around or sit in your hideout as a decoration for $26 (that's ignoring the retarded scorpions and basilisks they put in 5 years ago for people who bought extremely large beta supporter packs and apparently couldn't bear the thought of holding onto a balance until more MTX came out--those cost up to $110).

It seems utterly ridiculous today when you look at the MTX shop filled with stuff to buy, but unfortunately there's really nothing they can do about it now. The pricing model was established back when they had barely anything on there and needed to get people to give them lots of money to support the game despite that. If they permanently slashed the prices on everything there'd be a torrential flood of tears from everyone who spent hundreds/thousands of dollars on the game in the past. Personally, I would have spent a lot more on the game if I thought what they give in return was remotely sane. As it stands, I don't buy anything except stash tabs and the occasional skill effect.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That 30% more elemental damage modifier on top of the two gem links is insanely rare. Two ways to craft it are with fossils and essence of horror, the former is more expensive but will give you a better chance, and the latter is slightly cheaper but will take many more attempts (probably). If you're just looking for the links, chaos spamming is your best bet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Most of the standalone items are for whales, which there's a lot of in this game. Other people tend to buy packs, which at 30-60bucks are generally fairly good value, since you get armor/weapon effects/pets/portrait frames/portals/whatever, and then most of that money in currency to buy tabs or loot boxes to get random shit.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The packs aren't the problem at all. It's the price of almost everything you spend the coins on that is insane.

The packs are "ok", but only by comparison to the other insanity you list.

Unfortunately there's really nothing they can do about it now.

They could always progressively lower prices in a controlled fashion with the release of new content, without devaluing the existing stuff. I refuse to believe that they wouldn't make tons more money if the cosmetic bundles were $20 (or even $10) as opposed to $40-60. Personally, I could easily see myself buying 6 over a period of time at $10 each as opposed to 0 ever at $60.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I have slowly obtained the dankest mtx's.

Packed many brown bag lunchies to save some mtx scrilla. Always glad I did.

The new ghostly flame dash is a major want but I'm not a mystery box bulk buyer.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm almost to level 20 for the first time.

That's all I've got.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I buy a $30 supporter pack every other league since I started playing two years ago and the points get spent on mystery boxes if they contain things that are neato since I have all the tab items. It hasn't failed me yet in yielding value though I mostly just use the sin/innocence now since I think it looks best. Still way under a dollar an hour so I feel like I'm getting my monies worth. I doubt I'd spend more if they lowered prices since you can only equip so much shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It's worth paying for a supporters pack just so you don't have to wear a helmet that makes you look like a mongoloid. If you plan on playing it regular you probably need at least one of each stash tab anyway and a couple of quad tabs. Just get a supporters pack and the armour and portals and stuff are a bonus really.

I like the character effects alot too. Most of the non MTX armour looks terrible tbh, but hey that's how they make their cash so whatever.