Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best value by far for MTX outside of stash tabs are the herald effects. Deathwing can vouch this!
I'm a big fan of auras too now that they are universal. No idea why it took so damn long for them to wake up and make that happen, should have done it the moment Watcher's Eye was put in the game if not even earlier. Some of the best ones were only for auras I would never use.

And I was already bitter than I bought Innocence Herald less than a week before Celestial came out, but now that they made it work with Herald of Agony I absolutely must have it.

I still think it's retarded that you have to buy the same herald effect 3-4 times if you want to play a BV build and have it look good though. For the same reason, I'd never buy a weapon effect outside of supporter packs either after learning that only the supporter ones apply to both weapons if you dual wield.

Leaning towards buying both of the $30 packs this league even though that screws me out of 50 points, since Outlaw is still best set ever. Everything else they've put in a supporter pack is just so damned gaudy, and that goes double for this one.

I doubt I'd spend more if they lowered prices since you can only equip so much shit.
You can still spend a pretty crazy amount of money just getting MTX for the most meta skills.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is POEcraft still up to date because poedb can go fuck right the fuck off with these popups telling me to disable my adblocker.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to make a decent helmet a make it a 6 link.

If I buy a base that's got concentrated effect and immolate on it - if I scour it does it lose those effects? I want to craft it with an essence of horror and then maybe do something more with it once I have some currency. Is that how it's done? Someone posted one on the reddit thread and i want to make something like it. this is what he made but i'm not interested in the +2 stuff. That way I can pick up a koam's and lose this shitty 6 link i'm wearing.

Is that how you would go about it? I've never crafted much except chucking fossils at stuff last time.

View attachment 185917
+2 can be really powerful depending on the gem.

If you were to scour that item you'd lose all the affixes including the concentrated effects etc . Maybe you could craft a prefixes cannot be changed then scour if you can find an item with the prefix mods you want ?

Otherwise im not sure how that item was made other than get an elder item of the right base type, alt spam until you get a good combination, then regal, exalt. Scour and repeat.

The smarter way would probably be alt spam, regal and hope for the right affix (suffix/prefix) that would allow you to craft the right metamod (cannot roll spell/cannot roll attack) that increases your chance of the desired affix, then exalt. If you got yout mod, remove your crafted metamod a desired final non-elder craftable mod.

It's going to cost several exalts though.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You can still spend a pretty crazy amount of money just getting MTX for the most meta skills.

I might be in the minority, but I dislike when there are a million particle vomit from some of the skill mtx.

I have a couple of herald effects, but anything that starts looking like I'm playing a bullet hell style game every time I press a button it's an instant turn off.

Probably due to Everquest raiding back in the day.

Popped 6 fairgraves chests today with my supporter points and got the corsair staff, portal, footprints, helm, monkey pet, rakanho pet. Mostly excited about the pets to finally replace my fatty cherubs.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So is POEcraft still up to date because poedb can go fuck right the fuck off with these popups telling me to disable my adblocker.
They were the only ones with complete info on where to get new crafts. Not sure if other sites have finally caught up or not. I solved the adblock nag problem with a few custom filters:
Code:
poedb.tw###myModal
poedb.tw##.in.fade.modal-backdrop
poedb.tw##body:style(overflow: auto !important;)
poedb.tw###gZPTRNBIktoc

I might be in the minority, but I dislike when there are a million particle vomit from some of the skill mtx.
Yeah, they vary quite a bit in quality and the people who make MTX--especially heralds--don't seem to give a single fuck about testing to see what sort of performance impact it has. Mostly I just want stuff I know looks and performs good like Automaton Arc, Clockwork Golem, Celestial Ball Lightning, Night Lotus Toxic Rain, etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Am I just retarded about making Consecrated Path work? If I put it on left click, it never goes off unless I hold down shift. I just walk toward the fucking mob. If I set it to always use without moving, it just smashes the ground in front of me, even if I'm targeting a mob. And I can't even open a chest with it set that way, so it is obviously wrong.

Literally the only way I can use it is by holding shift. Yet Leap Slam works perfectly, you either hold shift to target an empty spot, or I target a mob and I jump on him. What am I doing wrong?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Am I just retarded about making Consecrated Path work? If I put it on left click, it never goes off unless I hold down shift. I just walk toward the fucking mob. If I set it to always use without moving, it just smashes the ground in front of me, even if I'm targeting a mob. And I can't even open a chest with it set that way, so it is obviously wrong.

Literally the only way I can use it is by holding shift. Yet Leap Slam works perfectly, you either hold shift to target an empty spot, or I target a mob and I jump on him. What am I doing wrong?
Yes, never ever use left click for anything but move.

Basically the way I do my hotbar is as follows.

Q = Ancestral Warchief
W = Consecrated Path (this is usually my main skill hotkey)
E = Leap Slam (or my usual movement type skill)
R = Cold Snap (this is where I put curses usually)
T = Herald of Ash (this is usually something that I don't need to use in combat)

L-click = Move
C-click = Golem (if I have one or another aura if not)
R-click = Enduring Cry (this is quick buff spots)

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Can someone tell me if these gloves are worth anything as there's not really anything like them on the poe.trade and i'm useless at pricing stuff. they have room for a craft still like life or whatever (dunno if that matters much).

Untitled.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say no, crit strike chance isn't worth that much unless its the kind that adds to the base skill like the elder crit chance chests.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Thanks, wndered cause they came out of one of those weird handcrafted antiques boxes in the delve and sometimes they contain nice items.

Cheers though.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Newbies that want to make currency listen up: This is going to be my fourth league and last league was the first one that I never used the Chaos recipe to earn currency and I had it coming out of my earholes. The key is the Delve.

You are going to want to find a Delve path between level 50-70 that is long enough to have a few turns, more than 5 side areas, and at least one breakable wall. The key here is that you do NOT break any of the walls when you run the delve. Not breaking the wall with dynamite will force the area to respawn when you click on either of the endpoints and allow you to quickly run back through and collect the chests and fossils in the darkness. Your goal is to dive into the darkness and only pick up fossils, resonator stashes, and currency chests. Item, armor, and weapon chests aren't worth the time since this is about grinding it out. A currency chest averages 1C per chest and you can run these delves about 50 times an hour. When I needed currency I would grind the same delve path at depth 72 and make about 140C an hour. I am not a huge grinder so I would only do it when I needed upgrades.

If they don't change Delves not resetting if you don't break the wall then I am going to grind hardcore the first few days.

A Delve that looks like this is great, if each of the legs was longer it would be perfect.
View attachment 184474

Ok, just wanted to come back and say that I had my first chance to test this in the new delve and it is still probably the easiest and fastest way for a new player to make money. I found a nice path in a frozen area at depth 29 and ran for less than 10 minutes. Got 6 chaos, 2 frigid fossils, and a jagged fossil that is around 60 chaos an hour and that is with negative darkness resist since I've only upgraded it once.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Im using right click main skill, mouse 5 movement skill, mouse 4 flask 1 (normally quicksilver), mouse left move normally. I have left the middle button as it's a scroll so it leave it unassigned as I have a habit of turning it on clicks.

QWER remaining flasks.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were the only ones with complete info on where to get new crafts. Not sure if other sites have finally caught up or not. I solved the adblock nag problem with a few custom filters:
Code:
poedb.tw###myModal
poedb.tw##.in.fade.modal-backdrop
poedb.tw##body:style(overflow: auto !important;)
poedb.tw###gZPTRNBIktoc

This solution worked like a charm. Never knew how powerful ublock was.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Been playing this off and on for years now and never really diving too deep into it as I'm just not an ARPG fan. I want to love it, but just can't. I tossed them some cash for some stash tabs today (second time) anyways as I respect the company and the work they do. I just wish that there was an MMO with this level of systems depth & dedication from its developers.

Being a lazy bitch with an arc totem build this time around and it's working out well enough as it's far easier for my crappy ass to stay alive. I'm confused and lost with pretty much everything, but in a good way. I'm thinking I might put some effort into the endgame systems this time around instead of just fucking around with builds in the acts.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
So gave this game a go twice starting off doing Hardcore both times and died not to monsters but to fucking ground shit in dungeons. The first time in Act 2 and the 2nd time in Act 3. I am thinking I should just run through normally on softcore to learn the game first before trying HC again. The game has been fun at least for a first play through and reminds me a lot more of Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 did, for a free to play game I can't complain at all.

That being sad I still feel overwhelmed as a casual noob at all the shit in this game, the sheer number of items, currency, skills, and trees are all basic enough that anyone can grasp the basics but the level of complexity is something I am not sure if I want to put the effort into learning or not yet. I haven't spent any cash on the game but if it's worth dropping a few bucks on stash tabs I may do that.

If there are some out there that are really into the game and wouldn't mind making a new character and leveling up I would be down for some party action or just someone to bullshit in our discord and maybe pick up some tips and tricks to the game. I think I am similar to what @Dom said above in that I want to love the game and really get into it but I don't know if I can. If nothing else you have to give it up for these guys actually supporting the game they made, instead of leaving it to rot looking at you Diablo 3 team.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users