Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Jesus the syndicate stuff is awful in red maps it really is fucking bad.

Yeah I rolled a dom blow character for fun that I got to maps yesterday and those syndicate dudes are nearly one shotting me in white maps with no mods, kinda dumb.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Jesus the syndicate stuff is awful in red maps it really is fucking bad.

I had to respec for this reason. Went for a 10+ aps instant leech claw build and I can facetank a 4-man red map fortification now.

It's still way more dangerous than the bosses.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chris just wanted to give all the new players a chance to experience what we went through with Invasion and Bloodlines.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So gave this game a go twice starting off doing Hardcore both times and died not to monsters but to fucking ground shit in dungeons. The first time in Act 2 and the 2nd time in Act 3. I am thinking I should just run through normally on softcore to learn the game first before trying HC again. The game has been fun at least for a first play through and reminds me a lot more of Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 did, for a free to play game I can't complain at all.

That being sad I still feel overwhelmed as a casual noob at all the shit in this game, the sheer number of items, currency, skills, and trees are all basic enough that anyone can grasp the basics but the level of complexity is something I am not sure if I want to put the effort into learning or not yet. I haven't spent any cash on the game but if it's worth dropping a few bucks on stash tabs I may do that.

If there are some out there that are really into the game and wouldn't mind making a new character and leveling up I would be down for some party action or just someone to bullshit in our discord and maybe pick up some tips and tricks to the game. I think I am similar to what @Dom said above in that I want to love the game and really get into it but I don't know if I can. If nothing else you have to give it up for these guys actually supporting the game they made, instead of leaving it to rot looking at you Diablo 3 team.
I'd be down for sure. Not sure i've ever actually done MP in it. Mostly just slammed my dick in a vice and learned the hard way.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
BoozeCube BoozeCube

Was thinking about starting a new toon tomorrow and grinding out the day.

Prolly 7:30am CST if I do.

Also helps to have nice gear at the low levels. Should be able to finish the story with most "starter" builds and access to guild stash

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I had to respec for this reason. Went for a 10+ aps instant leech claw build and I can facetank a 4-man red map fortification now.

It's still way more dangerous than the bosses.
I'd be down for sure. Not sure i've ever actually done MP in it. Mostly just slammed my dick in a vice and learned the hard way.

Grouping in poe is like being on an acid trip.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Spend 20 mins in uber lab and get a lag spike on 3rd izaro and 1shot with 6600 life 600es and 3 endurance charges, good times good times.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fellow noobs, I found the site below very useful in getting started with this game. Normally I want to just freewheel and figure things out myself, this game doesn't really lend itself to that it seems.
Doing much better now than last time I played it (basically was unable to kill any bosses by lvl 50, now I'm 56 and have passed most bosses first try. Syndicate stuff is still hard sometimes though)

The Twilight Strand

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fellow noobs, I found the site below very useful in getting started with this game. Normally I want to just freewheel and figure things out myself, this game doesn't really lend itself to that it seems.
Doing much better now than last time I played it (basically was unable to kill any bosses by lvl 50, now I'm 56 and have passed most bosses first try. Syndicate stuff is still hard sometimes though)

The Twilight Strand

Was going to look for something exactly like this. Thanks

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How are other brand players dealing with single target? I have Vaal Righteous Fire but it still leaves some dead time. I'm thinking a 4L of Vaal Storm Call or Ball Lightning. Any other suggestions?

Also not sure how to slot in arcane surge. It's really tempting to link it to recall but that also feels like a waste of my shield slot which is Magna Eclipsis.

Otherwise, been extremely enjoying the playstyle. It's autobomber enough and flame dash plus quicksilver seem good enough at this point. It's nice to not have to deal with pathing or attack speed issues with melee movement skills. Just can't help but think I should use fortify.

Aying elementalist. Bonuses from heiro didn't seem like enough and I want to go LL occultist eventually.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Still.enjoying my sceptre build. Only level 60 but so far bosses are absolutely a joke. I haven't transitioned into full sceptre yet (still keeping my zombies for a defensive front line) but once I get my act 8 pets that's probably it.

Have 5 sceptres, 10 zombies, 27ish skeletons when I need them.

First real season so going slow

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How are other brand players dealing with single target? I have Vaal Righteous Fire but it still leaves some dead time. I'm thinking a 4L of Vaal Storm Call or Ball Lightning. Any other suggestions?

Also not sure how to slot in arcane surge. It's really tempting to link it to recall but that also feels like a waste of my shield slot which is Magna Eclipsis.

Otherwise, been extremely enjoying the playstyle. It's autobomber enough and flame dash plus quicksilver seem good enough at this point. It's nice to not have to deal with pathing or attack speed issues with melee movement skills. Just can't help but think I should use fortify.

Aying elementalist. Bonuses from heiro didn't seem like enough and I want to go LL occultist eventually.

I watched one of raizqt vids on his storm brand char for a little yesterday, he said heiro damage was weak (and mentioned that people who were using heiro switched to inquis to help with damage). I didn't watch the whole thing but I think he was just using the vaal RF + storm brand on a 6link for single target but I don't know what tier content he was doing and he was lvl 98.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Still.enjoying my sceptre build. Only level 60 but so far bosses are absolutely a joke. I haven't transitioned into full sceptre yet (still keeping my zombies for a defensive front line) but once I get my act 8 pets that's probably it.

Have 5 sceptres, 10 zombies, 27ish skeletons when I need them.

First real season so going slow

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What causes safehouses to lose intel? Like right now I have a Fort one ready to go, but Hillock (armor quality, which I need before making a serious attempt to 6L my Tinkerskin) and Leo (currency) are only ** so I want to keep running maps until they get upgraded. It's annoying when I lose like 10-20% of the bar for some unknown reason though.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’ve gotten Ele Hit ranger to a reasonable level. Shit is melting. There’s a marginal upgrade or two in the 20c range, but the really good shit is in the 2-3ex range. It’ll be a bit for me. I’m working on lower tier maps and saving/flipping currency and a few decent uniques I find. Fun build. 5k life but working on it; evasion kinda sucks if you’re used to playing tanky classes in most games. Yes yes yes. Doh.

I seem to suck at getting incursions rolling. 3 Star Syndicate guys are melting now but I still have to be on my toes.