Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, guess it depends where you keep your hand. I usually have my hand resting with ring finger around w/2 when i'm playing poe (for almost all builds I do) so I just use ring/middle/index and then slide index over for 5 too. My first char this league did get uncomfortable tho because I was using storm call on right click and had storm brand on Q and had to spam q a lot but usually its just a vaal skill or something that I don't use frequently so my left hand is mostly flasks.

Xevy

Log Wizard
DPS flasks are 2-5 and hp flask is 1. I have my pinky on 2 and just roll the others. Only need to use hp pots in extreme emergencies anyways in most decent builds.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is how I feel every time I read about how other people set up their keys and position their hands -

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Never used a flask macro ever, don't feel like I need to. Years of playing Stepmania probably helped.

Man CoC discharge is friggin awesome right now.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did a little more tinkering in PoB and with vaal RF the elementalist discharge I set up the basics on is showing around 850k avg hit vs shaper (full power/end charges, flasks, 2 void batteries) and I did a quick mockup of a passive for an assassin with the same gear and avg hit without vaal RF was I think just over 1m (so probably 1.2m or so with vaal RF?). I'll have to redo the passive tree tomorrow to check for sure. Assassin had around 200 less life, though, (5k vs 5250) and a lot less leech per hit (not sure it matters since leech is hard capped by rate anyways).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I dont either and never will, I dont want to download something to make this better when they can do it correctly.

GGG is pretty weird with what they do. So like yesterday or the day before I found out you could change your cursor color with a third party program. Pink, yellow or whatever you want but they "allowed" it. Fuck off with this shit. Add it to the game it only helps it.

You can go through the top 100 streamers for "illegal" scripts and most are using something not deemed legal by GGG. They have dropped the ball and will end up mostly wrong in the long run.

Yolomouse is 100% needed for a game like poe. I fucking hate the default mouse cursor.

And yes, GGG is fucking bizarre with their shit. Things like mercury trade being OK, but having a pixel reader read buffs and sound an audible alert to you (so you can manually react) is not okay. But that's not game memory reading, nor anything else.

Additionally, I have been very curious how apps like poe-trade read item stats. Does PoE facilitate that somehow?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Is mercury trade what people who trade all day use? The ones who are so fast it's unbelievable? I wondered how people do the whole trade with you, invite 9 others whilst your trading and send you a whisper all at the same time.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is how I feel every time I read about how other people set up their keys and position their hands -

These complaints feel like....

k8bIlQ.gif

Caeden

Is mercury trade what people who trade all day use? The ones who are so fast it's unbelievable? I wondered how people do the whole trade with you, invite 9 others whilst your trading and send you a whisper all at the same time.
Like to know that too because they do that faster than i can hand them 1200 alts....i'm sure i'm fucking frustrating to them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
These complaints feel like....

k8bIlQ.gif

Bro, I have girl hands. They aren't tiny but my fingers are short. stretching to hit keys is my biggest complaint on any game like this. I picked up a simple AHK flask macro last night for the first time and am dumbfounded at how much of a QoL change it is. 5 min into the first map I was angry GGG has an issue with it.

Much like a no-RMHA, this game needs in game flask macros ASAP.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Flask macro prolly on my list to do tonight / tomorrow.

Them I have to decide how far to grind my cyclone CoC dude.

Maybe 93 ish? I know around the mid 90s the exp curve gets ugly.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Everyday I find out I am worse at this game than I thought I was the day before.
not as bad as I am.
I blasted thru the first 4 acts because I vaguely remembered them. Thought to myself, this shit is easy. Never bothered with any gear, SSF because trading confuses me and back of my mind I think I'm gonna get scammed. Anyway, act 5, all new to me. Mobs feel like they hit a bit hard. But I soldier on, dunno any boss mechanics or anything, but that's ok, it's just leveling. Finally manage to beat the act, thinking to myself they sure ramped up the difficulty from last act. On to the next one and I'm getting shat on by just random packs. Finally I give up and take a look at the EE act guide. Out of curiosity I watch the act 5 guide as well. Well, lube me up and call me Mary. Apparently I have been running around with negative resistances. How the hell can my resistances be negative? So I have finally started paying attention to gear and stuff. in act 8 now. Taking it really slow

Caeden

not as bad as I am.
I blasted thru the first 4 acts because I vaguely remembered them. Thought to myself, this shit is easy. Never bothered with any gear, SSF because trading confuses me and back of my mind I think I'm gonna get scammed. Anyway, act 5, all new to me. Mobs feel like they hit a bit hard. But I soldier on, dunno any boss mechanics or anything, but that's ok, it's just leveling. Finally manage to beat the act, thinking to myself they sure ramped up the difficulty from last act. On to the next one and I'm getting shat on by just random packs. Finally I give up and take a look at the EE act guide. Out of curiosity I watch the act 5 guide as well. Well, lube me up and call me Mary. Apparently I have been running around with negative resistances. How the hell can my resistances be negative? So I have finally started paying attention to gear and stuff. in act 8 now. Taking it really slow
I think there are step drops in resistances at various points in leveling. I still haven't parsed out how that is affected by gear, etc, but it always feels like i need higher iLvl items as i level with equiv resistance...but I'm probably missing something. starting Act 5-6, unless you play a character that can toss out totems then tuck tail and hide, you need capped or near cap resistances.

Caeden

Bro, I have girl hands. They aren't tiny but my fingers are short. stretching to hit keys is my biggest complaint on any game like this. I picked up a simple AHK flask macro last night for the first time and am dumbfounded at how much of a QoL change it is. 5 min into the first map I was angry GGG has an issue with it.

Much like a no-RMHA, this game needs in game flask macros ASAP.
My wife has piano fingers and even though my hand + fingers make them longer, its unnerving how much longer her fingers are. Kinda hot during a HJ. Our son looks to have gotten her fingers. If things correlate, maybe I can be a proud pop one day.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You take a penalty hit each time you kill Kitava

I think there are step drops in resistances at various points in leveling. I still haven't parsed out how that is affected by gear, etc, but it always feels like i need higher iLvl items as i level with equiv resistance...but I'm probably missing something. starting Act 5-6, unless you play a character that can toss out totems then tuck tail and hide, you need capped or near cap resistances.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sold my stuff, ended up with almost 9ex so I was able to pick up 2 void batteries to go with the volls pieces! 2 out of 3 whispers for my helmet tried to shave an exalt off the price (2 instead of 3) when I already had it priced way low, haha.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so this is my "I know I wont hit 100 but did passive tree for it anyway" build.

Current gear, moved some points around, caused resists to dip a bit.

Looking for any way to trim fat / reallocate passive tree.

*I cut a lot of jewels out of the tree to add in some of those spots, PoB said it was a dps upgrade, but that could be due to quality of my jewels*

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha they really do have to nerf pure breachstones. Or make them way way harder to get. For 20chaos i can join a group and get as much xp as an entire purejoy 6x rotation, and usually a few chaos worth of currency back from drops. It took me a few hours of speed runnng blood aqueducts (and I am not min maxed for speed running by any means) to get a 3 Star it that fled captain . It’s too easy right now. My build is pretty poorly conceived and a glass cannon, I have no right being near 95 but I can get 100 easy now without even much currency investment. This is going to piss off a lot of players once it really kicks in what’s going on

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user