Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Getting to 100 means basically nothing if you aren't in the ladder runnings. Why should you need to have some "omg the best ever most amazing build" to get a couple extra passive points than you'd have if you stopped at 92 or 95 or wherever?

The fact that you can cheese the league mechanics to do something is nothing new. Almost every league mechanic has been able to be cheesed in some way to min-max exp or currency gains and core mechanics that have been around for years are treated the same way.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, people who got 100 before this were just party pansies with big dick carries and supports. At least this is another way normies can get to 100.

People just want the days of lvl 100 being unachievable. It hasn't been that way for like 5 leagues now. I remember hitting 90 in hardcore and being done. That was it. The top of the mountain for mortals.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah those pure breachstone groups look crazy. People are saying 1.5 billion exp/hr? I take it you can make 100 in a few hours.

I don't really need to get 100 myself, maybe one day just to say I did it - even then it'd have to be in a group or something, it's too boring alone.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
My first time playing PoE properly (never got past level 40 before)... Reached 70 and finished act10 on my dual wield sunder duelist playing in a static group with a coc archer and an arc curser. Now I guess we see how far into maps we can get with our team...

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so Mathil has some CoC cyclone triggering Blade Vortex build. I can make that work in a janky way.

Winter Orb does not seem to work the same, as it wont proc in my cospris or my armor CoC slots.

Anyone know what is the issue? Is it due to winter orb being "channeling" and BV not?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting 100 was a challenge where the bulk of the game is in levels 98/99 and it coincides with the toughest maps youll do for the best XP. Its something that was difficult and not a lot of people could do which made it fun for people who like challenges. They basically with breachstones just a participation trophy / welfare 100 route put in for people who aren't good enough to level in maps.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright boys show me your cocs. I'm pretty much done with MS at this point as I've killed everything and don't much feel like grinding it to 100, so gonna spend some of my riches and build some silly coc thing I think and see what "real" map clearing is actually like.

I saw mathils blade vortex thing, but that sword he is using looks like aids to craft - seems way easier to just buy some cospris, but I don't really know what the "standard" coc builds even look like.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Alright boys show me your cocs. I'm pretty much done with MS at this point as I've killed everything and don't much feel like grinding it to 100, so gonna spend some of my riches and build some silly coc thing I think and see what "real" map clearing is actually like.

I saw mathils blade vortex thing, but that sword he is using looks like aids to craft - seems way easier to just buy some cospris, but I don't really know what the "standard" coc builds even look like.
My character: View Profile - Path of Exile - Deathwing6

Gloves(IAS) and boots(CDR) could use a significant upgrade. Helm(more resists and life) and ring minor upgrades(Spider, maybe IAS). Debating dropping blasphemy enfeeble for CWDT enfeeble when I get Spider.

All of the above likely pointless as I can probably do Uber Elder in this gear, just haven't tried him yet. After that, there's no need to farm him for challenges and I don't think he's profitable to farm, so will take Guardians off the map.

I wouldn't call the typical Cold Cyclone CoC a great map clearing build. It's more of an all arounder similar to MS Jugg. MS Jugg slants more towards boss killing while Cold Cyclone CoC is a bit better at map clearing. If you want a true map clearer, look for a CoC build that utilizes Arc. Outside of CoC: Poet's Pen, Inpulsa, Three Dragons, Elementalist is ridiculous, probably the best outside of Headhunter hijinks. Survivability not great though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is there a way to negate reflect elemental damage? or is it just get more life leech?
I'll open a map and not see the reflect elemental damage while running a ngamahu cyclone character and just self gib myself instantly kek

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got YoloMouse and ported the wc3 undead icon hand with green overlay.

Life changer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I got YoloMouse and ported the wc3 undead icon hand with green overlay.

Life changer.

ya man, that thing has truly revolutionized my gaming experience. I can't even play *any* game without it now. So many games use little tiny mouse cursors. Using a large, bright, pink arrow is unmissable and makes the entire experience better. You wouldn't think so, but it does. Truly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
When I was doing firestorm in delve league.... that was the end of the default cursor getting used. I am not even ashamed to admit in the chaos sometimes I'd be like where the fuck is the cursor right now?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a way to negate reflect elemental damage? or is it just get more life leech?
I'll open a map and not see the reflect elemental damage while running a ngamahu cyclone character and just self gib myself instantly kek

You can with the Yugul Pantheon and some items but generally its not worth it. Only elementalist or skills like Toxic Rain that are poison based generally totally ignore and forget it.

ya man, that thing has truly revolutionized my gaming experience. I can't even play *any* game without it now. So many games use little tiny mouse cursors. Using a large, bright, pink arrow is unmissable and makes the entire experience better. You wouldn't think so, but it does. Truly.

Going to try it tonight, does it take over the entire desktop or just PoE?

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
My character: View Profile - Path of Exile - Deathwing6

Gloves(IAS) and boots(CDR) could use a significant upgrade. Helm(more resists and life) and ring minor upgrades(Spider, maybe IAS). Debating dropping blasphemy enfeeble for CWDT enfeeble when I get Spider.

All of the above likely pointless as I can probably do Uber Elder in this gear, just haven't tried him yet. After that, there's no need to farm him for challenges and I don't think he's profitable to farm, so will take Guardians off the map.

I wouldn't call the typical Cold Cyclone CoC a great map clearing build. It's more of an all arounder similar to MS Jugg. MS Jugg slants more towards boss killing while Cold Cyclone CoC is a bit better at map clearing. If you want a true map clearer, look for a CoC build that utilizes Arc. Outside of CoC: Poet's Pen, Inpulsa, Three Dragons, Elementalist is ridiculous, probably the best outside of Headhunter hijinks. Survivability not great though.

Yea I saw some youtube stuff of poet's pen arc spam and it looks great, but it also looks a lot like playing MS where it's like leapslam > leapslam > stop and spam MS twice > more leapslap to move. It's not BAD, just feels slightly clunky when you're trying to gottagofast map clears. The idea of something like cyclone or blade vortex just looks smoother I guess.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Some things that might help a few bros out there starting with this game. Veterans need not read further.

I'm by no means an expert but those are things I wish people held my hand through cause I had to find this shit the hard way.

-Install filters for loot. This is key. This game is unplayable without it honestly. FilterBlade - PoE Filter Customizer - Finetuned for NeverSink's Filter. I use a strict filter, but semi strict is fine when just starting to play. The filter is explained on the site, the installation steps are too. This is vital to play this game I can't stress it enough.

-Vendor recipes: Found here: Vendor recipe system. Read it, memorize it, or have it linked to check it out. Don't throw shit away, first make sure you can't get something out of it using vendors. Some of the most useful at 7x jeweler orbs from any 6 sockets, pick that shit up!

-Upgrade your pieces of armor. Upgrade your maps. Upgrade the strongboxes in high tier maps. yes, you can scour, alchemy or chance strongboxes. You can even increase their quality like every other item by using orbs of engineering. Pro tip: upgrade a map before making it rare with an alchemy, it will upgrade it by 5 percent increment per chisel instead of 1 percent for 1 chisel. It's a big deal. Upgrade tier XVI or XV maps but probably not worth spending the chisels upgrading lower tiers.

-Use sextants on maps you're going to farm repeatedly. Not going in depth with shaping your atlas, there are many videos and sites that explain how to do it. Go for mods that add mobs that do cold, fire, chaos , poison damage etc, or straight up mods that increase the size of rare packs etc.

-Your maps are worth a lot of money. If you're pressed for chaos, sell the maps you won't be using. TIer X are 1 c per, XI are 2 c per usually, up to 9 c for tier XV. if you've been mapping consistently you probly have a surplus of maps just collecting dust. Sell'em. If you don't need chaos sell them for alchs and chisels to recoup the cost of upgrading / making your maps rare.
There is a LOT of demand on all tiers of maps. Be ready to literally spammed with tells if you open up your maps for trade. It's crazy.

-Delving can yield amazing payoff. Some of those Vaal outpost got some good shit. I found a nurse card by delving, that a huge pay off for hardly any work. If you want to make even more, look up how to farm the darkness. It's really not that hard, can be done at lower depths and can yield very pricy fossils. Those fossils sell almost instantly as well

-Visit your hatchery from time to time. Bestiary recipes are another form of lottery. If you're lucky you can capture a hybrid spider that will allow you to open a portal to Fenumus' lair. There you will fight fenumus, first of the night and upon killing it you will be able to put aspect of the spider on an item (most likely a ring). That is a huge huge paying item if you can put it on an elder ring that already has 'cast warlord's mark on hit'

-Download the poe trade macro and use it to gage item value. This has made me a lot of money and has basically taught me the value of items, suffixes and prefixes that are in high demand. By the way if you alt click an item it will tell you what the suffixes and prefixes are on it and what tier they are. As you do this more and more you will learn what is what and it will all come together.

-Don't wait for exalts to drop, make'em. A lot of people complain about not getting drops, but they sit on exalts worth of stuff in their bank without even knowing. See above for Poetrade macro.

-You can change your ascendancy in the uber lab. For that you have to remove all your ascendancy points (cost 5 refund points per point) then you will get the option to change the ascendancy completely. Tired of being a slayer? become a gladiator or a champion! No need to re level!

More to come may be when I get more time and am not at work.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Always 20% (or more with hillock bench or quality craft from bench too, they stack) when trying to link.

Always go for 6 sockets before trying to link a 5 socket too (or u might get lucky and get a 6 like I did 2 leagues in a row going for 5). With more open sockets, more chances of a 5L and quality helps a ton for linking.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
You can with the Yugul Pantheon and some items but generally its not worth it. Only elementalist or skills like Toxic Rain that are poison based generally totally ignore and forget it.

word, just gonna pay more attention and reroll it when i see that shit lol

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The hotkey only changes the currently active mouse cursor. Doesn't matter in PoE, but in games that have multiple context based cursors you can change them all to be different colors or whatever. Windows desktop and other apps you have running go back to the standard windows cursor as soon as you tab out.

P.S. The instructions on their website will tell you to press Ctrl-Alt-1 to change the cursor, Ctrl-Alt-+ or - to change the size, etc. but the default hotkeys are actually Ctrl-Alt-Shift-<whatever>.