Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
word, just gonna pay more attention and reroll it when i see that shit lol

T9 and above I also sell those. You can make your money back and there’s enough people that can ignore it or have a sextant that you’ll get a buyer.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I ran an elemental reflect map by accident(Zana shaped it, forgot to check mods), didn't die! I guess that Assassin ascendency perk is more reliable than I expected. Might do Uber Atziri with this build then.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea I saw some youtube stuff of poet's pen arc spam and it looks great, but it also looks a lot like playing MS where it's like leapslam > leapslam > stop and spam MS twice > more leapslap to move. It's not BAD, just feels slightly clunky when you're trying to gottagofast map clears. The idea of something like cyclone or blade vortex just looks smoother I guess.
No it's not. Poet's Pen/Arc/Inpulsa/Three Dragons/Elementalist, if done correctly is move move move move move move move. If you are stopping to kill, you're doing it wrong. Or you're stubborn and want to kill the map boss.

That said, move then kill playstyle is core to most of the builds in this game. That's going to prevent you from trying many other builds.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Can't you just avoid hitting the bitch with the mirror? I have no idea didn't check your build, do you have any control on the target?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can't you just avoid hitting the bitch with the mirror? I have no idea didn't check your build, do you have any control on the target?
I can, conc effect and unsocketing frostbolt will likely prevent that. If I wanted to be really safe, just use Storm Call everywhere. I was looking for pure single target spells and I'm not sure they exist. Ice Spear might count if you're close enough?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe for Atziri. But let's say I want to do a challenge that requires you to leave weak adds up while you kill the boss? Easy for melee, they have many single target skills.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Killed Red Elder/Guardians on hardcore, first time I've managed that. How hard are Shaper/Shaper Guardians and uber Atziri relative to that? Give me some idea how likely I am to die.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Atziri is a mechanics fight, if you don't know the dance you're gonna get 1 shot - so practice on softcore

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So inpulsa’s , Goldwyrm stupid expensive this league and wind ripper stupid cheap. Change in drop rates or people dragging the meta?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Inpulsa definitely got a drop rate nerf, wouldn't surprise me that Goldwyrm did too. Windripper, not so sure. I haven't always paid close attention to that item.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Uber and Normal Atziri have innate reflects also if your DPS is insane which will kill you. They aren't huge but with proper DPS builds youll get wrecked, also the incursion Atziri in the temple thats lvl 83 has a nasty ass one.

word, just gonna pay more attention and reroll it when i see that shit lol

We have all died 9372182791821 times to reflect, Ziz the streamer is famous for it lol

Caeden

More than reflect, those fucking frog porcupine things with a +2 proj and added cold damage mod sucks. Hate those quill shooting fuckers. Have to single target them down. Especially when running elemental weakness which is my new “get fucked” mod i don’t respect enough.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Atziri is a mechanics fight, if you don't know the dance you're gonna get 1 shot - so practice on softcore

Yeah it sucks that I basically can't find any good numbers on how much damage the abilities actually do. PoEDB has the abilities doing the same damage as in Apex, which if true means the difference would just be the 60% more damage from the Alluring Abyss map mod. But the wiki says triple damage, which basically implies that all abilities one shot.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, I just learned about the 1 curse limit (barring certain exceptions, of course) today!

That blows. I mean, I get it from a game-making standpoint, just that I had extra sockets available and I thought I was really king shit with all the curses I was putting on mobs. I literally had 4 of them, plus 1 implicit :( Time to change that up and maybe put a few more buffs/debuffs up instead.

Just so I'm 100% clear, you can debuff a mob as much as you want, correct? Curses are the only ones limited?

Warning, lots of theorycrafting below!

I have Tombfists that inflict level 10 Vulnerability on hit, which is a curse, so not only will that always be up on mobs (except unhexable), but any curse I have associated with CWDT, like Warlord's Mark, will pretty much instantly be overwritten by Vulnerability again as soon as I swing again (Resolute Tactics, so no misses). Correct?

However, I can maim, bleed, ignite, blind, intimidate, etc. to my heart's content, right?

So instead of the multiple curses I had, I need to find something else to put up instead. My attack skill (Vaal Double Strike) currently has the Maim support gem, but I might switch that to something else since Vulnerability gives a chance to Maim already. One of my weapons Intimidates, so that is taken care of. So it sounds like I should put Blind on there instead?

As far as personal buffs, I've already got Arctic Armor and Herald of Ash (which I added myself, wasn't in the build), and I'm going to put Immortal Call up since I use endurance charges anyway, might as well. Obviously I'd love Aspect of the Spider, and I can buy it on relatively cheap shit if I don't care about having an otherwise shit item, but does it require mana reservation when granted by an item? Or do you just get the buff automatically?

Fortify is always great, obviously. I could put that on Leap Slam again like my last character. The build guide has Blood Rage supporting it, but I sorta feel like I'm not getting much use out of that with it linked just to Leap Slam. And it is granting me frenzy charges, which I currently don't use for anything special beyond the passive bonus. I see that it is probably there to give me a little more dps (I'm a jugg), but not a ton, and I feel like Fortify is more useful since I don't bunnyhop around the map all the time, but I do hop into the middle of a group of mobs quite often, and a little extra mitigation is always nice. So ok, replace that with Fortify, but I still have three more fucking curses to replace (one going to Immortal Call), and 2 CWDT sockets!

Mana reservation kind of limits how many things I can manually have up at a time, so I'm kind of at a loss here. Thoughts?

Caeden

I didn’t think cwdt could do curses? That’s why a lot of people do coh+curse+orb of storms, etc

Edit - I’m pretty sure I’m wrong. I think why I did that was...I don’t know why. I have cwdt/ic and oos/coh/proj weakness

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The build I'm following has Enfeeble on CWDT, and it was made by Engineering Eternity, so I'm assuming he knows what he's doing. And when they hit me, a big circle of stuff blows up around them and they get an icon over their heads. If that's not the curse, then I have no idea what it would be.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So i didn't think anything could be more satisfying than ngahamu cyclone.

I was wrong

The pop of the bleed explosion from gladiator in this double strike build is FUCKING AMAZING.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
What's the trick to maintaining elder/shaper ping pong? Every 5-9 maps shaper is taking 2 maps, UGS + Marshes, messing up my sextant use. I have not had this issue before.
1546919888739.png