Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's the trick to maintaining elder/shaper ping pong? Every 5-9 maps shaper is taking 2 maps, UGS + Marshes, messing up my sextant use. I have not had this issue before.
View attachment 188956

I assume you're trying to farm that T15 UGS here? If so the problem is that stronghold below bog - when you're clearing elder off UGS, that stronghold is also spreading shaper to your bog that "turn" or whatever you want to call it of atlas changes.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I assume you're trying to farm that T15 UGS here? If so the problem is that stronghold below bog - when you're clearing elder off UGS, that stronghold is also spreading shaper to your bog that "turn" or whatever you want to call it of atlas changes.

The stronghold below is not connected. Also, the problem was happening before either stronghold moved into their current positions.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
So i didn't think anything could be more satisfying than ngahamu cyclone.

I was wrong

The pop of the bleed explosion from gladiator in this double strike build is FUCKING AMAZING.

I’m playing the champion version and it’s pretty nuts. One swing and packs just insta gib, the more mobs the better. Quick kills on bosses too. Really good build for noobs like me getting used to the game since the instant leech variation is forgiving of sloppy play. I’ve only managed to find t14 maps as of yet but I really don’t notice anything more difficult about them than a t9 or 10, everything just dies.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looking for some clarification on the Cyclone skill. Also an excuse to try other stuff because it fucking blows and its a shame a skill like this exists at this point of any game.

PoE Wiki said:
Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin.
Skill Tooltip said:
Damage enemies around you, then perform a spinning series of attacks as you travel to a target location.

So, which is it? The first one makes me think Cyclone essentially has a 3x attack speed multiplier,1.5 more from the skill itself, 2.0 more from attacking twice per spin. The second one makes make think you attack immediately upon using the skill and you only attack at 1.5x while you move to the targeted location.

Of course, the way to exploit the latter to make it effectively the same as the former is to make your cyclone travel path as short as possible. I know this has been recommended before, but I thought that was to smooth out Cyclone's crit(another thing that shouldn't exist...) streaks since it determines crit at the start of the spin for the whole travel path.

I'm up to level 93 on my Cyclone CoC character and I cannot seem to make my muscle memory want to obey short-as-possible Cyclone paths. It's at odds with pretty much any movement skill except Whirling Blades. They really should have revamped this skill for this patch considering how closely connected it is to CoC.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could be wrong but I believe GGG had implemented a less multiplier to cyclones first attack to reduce the abuse of spam clicking in the same spot. But its still a good practice for things like triggering CoC.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, the first hit does 50% less damage. Which, in today's game, doesn't seem necessary. It sounds like the PoE Wiki is wrong or misleading in its description?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, the first hit does 50% less damage. Which, in today's game, doesn't seem necessary. It sounds like the PoE Wiki is wrong or misleading in its description?

Cyclone itself can be built into a monster itself is why, on its own its a strong skill its AoE just got gutted with the general AoE nerf. You used to be able to almost cover the entire screen with a +2 range corrupted Disfavour, its still strong DPS but the AoE is like 1/2 now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So if they're never going to fix AoE, they should make cyclone a true channeled skill. I mean, they should do that anyway. And fix AoE.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like Vaal Pact they said asking for AoE to be nerfed was an answer to the people, the casuals did not want entire screens cleared in one AoE.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
And yet some projectile-based attacks, spells, and even some "melee" attacks can do just that.

I'll be honest, I don't remember them saying "you asked for this" when nerfing AoE.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why the fuck? The whole point of these games is to explode a fucking screen like you are Angry Jesus!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They nerfed AoE cuz skills like Earthquake were covering the whole screen, then they release the new tectonic slam which can.... cover the whole screen!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
They nerfed AoE cuz skills like Earthquake were covering the whole screen, then they release the new tectonic slam which can.... cover the whole screen!

This is the problem of power creep. If you already have skills that kill everything you can see, where do you go from there in progression? They have to nerf older skills in order to make room for NEW AND IMPROVED skill gems..... that do the same damn thing as the old skills.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, let's be real here - nerfing literally any skill that isn't Arc at this point doesn't make any fucking sense.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They have changed core mechanics of the game since beta just to change the meta to keep the game fresher. Big changes for example were the reduced mana not working on aura's or shifting the meta from Poison / Chaos to spells. There has been a meta for just about damn near everything at some point.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
What's the trick to maintaining elder/shaper ping pong? Every 5-9 maps shaper is taking 2 maps, UGS + Marshes, messing up my sextant use. I have not had this issue before.
View attachment 188956

Having a similar issue here. My atlas looks very similar to this, except the only shaper strongholds are T13 and nowhere near all the other shaper/elder influenced maps. Current Zana quest just says "complete any elder-influenced T13 map." But the elder influence never goes above T5 or T6 maps?? What do?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Started this league late. On brands I get the brand to tag a mob, but I'm fuzzy on brand recall. Was just playing around with them since it's new. I have limited number of sites I can look at because apparentlyl the hospital blocks sites. Anyway, what's the deal with brand recall? Just recalls brands so you can relaunch?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Brand recall is essentially quality of life. It extends the duration of your brands to the point that you rarely have to recast them and it's instant, so you can cast while moving. Brands will also activate one time after being recalled even if they don't attach, but that's a very minor boost. On fights that matter, it is likely not worth the danger involved with getting in attachment range.