Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Power Siphon
A: has 8 spread projectiles for free
B: gives you power charges, so it's very easy to max crit chance
C: it gives you power charges on hit with rare/elites for single target power charge gen
D: has culling strike for funsies

Barrage is better for single target, but with a good build and CoC, pretty much the first spell to go off will kill your target. So for Power Siphon each enemy is getting hit and setting off your shit. Barrage will just do it for the single target, but if it dies you're not hitting anything with the other projectiles. Again why I said I'd use a white socket and switch in/out barrage for single target.

In terms of spells for CoC, Arc is great. It's great for screen reaching clear. The dps isn't the best for single target, but it's very nice quality of life. I use ball lightning and frostbolt as well right now, but I'm pretty sure neither is worth it. Ball lightning really shows up with slower proj which I don't have. Frostbolt was just for freezing shit. I used glacial cascade for a bit and it's really good damage, but it projects from your character, so it's much better for a cyclone type CoC user. Same can be said with bladefall and blade vortex. Freezing pulse wasn't bad either, but it procs from your character so its range isn't the best. Ice spear is good for long distance on big bosses, but its arm time is too slow to be good for clearing. Realistically arc/ball lightning should be able to do all the clearing you need.

The CoC per activation vs per target thing can be annoying, but this is where power siphon comes in. I have 5 power charges and something like 67% crit before diamond flask. So with it up I'm at effectively 99% chance to crit. I can make a clip of my wander tomorrow and post it. It's clear speed is up there with the poet's pen "teleports behind you" build. Just offscreen clears for days.
ACKCHYUALLY, your effective crit chance is ~90%! I would love to see your clear clip.

Just a thought: going through whole rigmarole, isn't a couple Poet's Pen better? Yeah, I know the ICD on PP is 250ms and CoC has 150ms. Without Cospri's Malice, a CoC 6L feels too similar to a couple PPs that it seems disingenuous to ignore the comparison.

That said, I'll probably try a bow or wand CoC build at some point this league. I've already rerolled enough times this league, need to get my challenges out of the way before the achievement-selling economy dries up for whatever ones I need(none, maybe?).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
On good days lab is not really that annoying. I made 25ex off of 20 or so offerings the other day. The run was short with all shrines and Argus along the path. The next two days were total shit and not worth it but the one that’s up today is quick and I’ll run it again. Most days though, yeah, it’s too much of a pain in the ass to waste offerings on. Enchant rng can be infuriating, there are so many bad enchants but long run profit is there. Gotten a few juicy gems as well but for the most part the chests haven’t really paid out for me so I don’t even bother worrying about extra keys, they’re a couple chaos hand out.

It’s done for me pretty much exactly what you say though, I’ve got currency to fund other builds which playing maps and making (slow)delve progress wasn’t doing. That’s mostly my fault though for not buying maps and getting into t15 and guardians. For whatever reason I have some sort of ssf attitude about mapping.
What made up most of that 25ex?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Syndicate Mastermind just one shot my mana Guardian. I still don't know WTF happened. 14k ES, Fortify, 25k armor, and Incandescent Heart/CI combo and the second of the reanimated Syndicate members in the encounter (I think it was Hillock) leap slammed across the room and killed me from full ES in one hit. I still don't know WTF happened or how you're supposed to prevent that.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Would love to do an aura bot, but finding regs to play with is tough. Bunch of diablo 3 playing pussies in my friend list.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So you CoC bros, what do your builds look like? This is my rough plan so far and I'm curious how off-base I am:

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
What made up most of that 25ex?

Admittedly, luck. Got a tornado shot enchant and no hyperbole, it sold in about 60 seconds for 21 ex so I probably lost a few more ex right there. It might take a long ass time to ever happen again but even if I only pull out 1ex for an hour or two it’s more money than I’d have made otherwise barring a one in a million drop. There was a time investment, for me anyway, of learning the layouts of rooms, where shrines and exits would be and things like that and I almost never even bothered except for a day I had where my maps ran totally dry and I decided to use some of my offerings just for a change of pace.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would love to do an aura bot, but finding regs to play with is tough. Bunch of diablo 3 playing pussies in my friend list.

You probably want to join an actual guild if you're at that next step where people group and are social on a normal basis. Forum guilds are fun but they arent organized or active socially usually.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So far Cold Occultist is pretty fun. I'm not even high enough level to use my main skill yet, but I can see where it is headed and I'm enjoying it immensely. I even bought a cheap ass level 24 wand with "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill", which is part of the main build, and that mechanic alone is a fucking blast. Casting one spell and having 3 others go off at the same time is hilariously fun.

I also find perverse pleasure in using Cold Snap on a pack and just watching them and the mobs that were behind them and came running forward die to the dot. I know it isn't effective leveling to stand and watch them, but I still haven't gotten tired of it! And that's not even the main spell I'm supposed to be using.

It's a little light on single target dps right now, and it took me a minute to remember that I'm not a tank anymore and I can actually run around and kite like a druid in Butcherblock. If only it were in a browser!

EDIT: Oh, and the minion nodes thing totally makes sense. My DomBlow character did the same thing, and getting the ability to add dps via minion stats instead was awesome. I might be wrong, and probably am since I'm still new to this game, but I don't think there are many super cheap options for getting 70%+ damage boosts besides getting that minion node. I might still deviate from the PoB a little just to try shit out, but yeah, that ability to use minion damage boosts (and speed if I remember correctly) is fucking insane if you can get to it easily.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You probably want to join an actual guild if you're at that next step where people group and are social on a normal basis. Forum guilds are fun but they arent organized or active socially usually.

Could be.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
If you find an item on trade where the person clearly did not read the mods and thus put a multiple exalt item up for a few chaos, is it considered rude to tell them about it after you buy it?

Xevy

Log Wizard
ACKCHYUALLY, your effective crit chance is ~90%! I would love to see your clear clip.

Just a thought: going through whole rigmarole, isn't a couple Poet's Pen better? Yeah, I know the ICD on PP is 250ms and CoC has 150ms. Without Cospri's Malice, a CoC 6L feels too similar to a couple PPs that it seems disingenuous to ignore the comparison.

That said, I'll probably try a bow or wand CoC build at some point this league. I've already rerolled enough times this league, need to get my challenges out of the way before the achievement-selling economy dries up for whatever ones I need(none, maybe?).

Poet's pens basically double your dps or more, but I made this day 4 of league with a 1c wand. It also has triggered spells on it, so it auto curses/cold snap/golems for me. And I use a Lycosidae as my shield. Most Inq CoC builds do use PPs though. I just worked around it.

Edit: I also forgot your crit chance is increased by 100% as Inq if the mobs aren't effected by an ailment. So it's with PoB my first hit crit chance is something like 94%.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Your build is missing gear and skills.

Yea sorry, I made it at work today just as a rough draft of what my tree would look like after I finish respeccing.

I need to play with my gear and stuff a ton when I get home still.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea sorry, I made it at work today just as a rough draft of what my tree would look like after I finish respeccing.

I need to play with my gear and stuff a ton when I get home still.

Hows your atlas completion, do you need any maps or unique maps? I can also throw you some loot if your low on funds

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Okay PoE bros, I need help. I didn't play Delve league, so I'm delving for the first time this league. I'm trying to get the hidden nodes (especially currency) but I just can't figure out where the hidden path is. Given the tutorial on poelab.com about hidden paths, I circled in red the paths that should have an option to spawn the hidden paths since they don't have 4 nodes, but I've checked them all (except one I think). In any case, the blue circle is a hidden path I found already, but that was it. What gives?

wtfhiddennodes.JPG

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Path to currency node could be either that node up in the abyssal city, or the armor node right underneath it even.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hows your atlas completion, do you need any maps or unique maps? I can also throw you some loot if your low on funds

I actually did really well on the MS jugg before I gave that up. Banked like 35 ex and 156 atlas completion before I started dicking about on other random builds.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Are you certain the blue hidden node that you found doesn't branch off to two others, giving it 3 total connections? I am unclear as to whether or not hidden nodes ever have more than 1 connection, but that looks like the most likely one. That's assuming that you've truly eliminated all of those red ones that you circled.

Honestly, if it isn't the blue hidden one itself, it is probably the one directly "north" of it. That would be the fourth connection for that node, and they love to make the hidden ones long as fuck, so go check it to make sure.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I know I'm dicking around with lower level maps and builds that sort of suck, and starting over a 3rd time doesn't help any, but how the fuck do you guys make so much money? I found one unique early on that got me 100c, and I found 1 exalted, and I sold various chickenshit things here and there, for maybe 20c max on any given item, most 1-5c. Is it truly just blowing through higher level maps and getting higher level drops that brings in the cash? I mean, besides just getting absurdly lucky with something, of course.