Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Azurite nodes aren't really worth it with the way it scales. You can find plenty of azurite hitting the little flawed/pure azurite nodes you can find in any delve.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Azurite quickly goes from need to meh. Just get the nodes on the way down and start delving into the side areas when your resistance doesn't suck.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Niko will sell fossils for azurite too sometimes and doing the ones Fogel talks about gets you plenty enough.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm about to run uber lab the first time.. so should I take a white helm of some kind in there to enchant? What's the best base helm type to use if I'm just hoping for something I can sell?

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Although I'm enjoying my Occultist Vortex, I do want to try a CoC based build. I don't want to play cyclone. Is Power Siphon/Barrage a good enough trigger for it? What spells would be linked to it? I tried looking around in the guides and didn't see anything pop out, I haven't played a CoC character in a couple of years probably.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm trying out a new for me but old for others idea. I dropped my staff and staff perks and some other stuff for scepter/shield for more health/es and the acrobatics branch. I lost like 10% dmg on the tooltip and 20% cast speed aswell as my ES going from like 3800 to 2600. I feel alot more durable though so i feel like the tradeoff has been fine so far. Since others were going with vaal rightous fire i'm trying that too instead of vaal storm call, but the gem is not high enough level to tell if its good or not yet. Also trying Shield charge + fortify, im not a fan so far but i dont know how to utilize shield charge properly yet. Considering a 2nd set of cwdt - warlords mark-immortal call instead.

Edit: "The Grand Architect's Temple", i found it. Is it soloable? I assume you only get 1 shot.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Started this league extemely slow. Just started mapping yesterday and today did Delve for the first time. I skipped most of that league. Lvl 46 in Delve currency node dropped 2 exalts. So I guess now I can upgrade some gear. I think some of my stuff was from 40 lvls ago lol.

Also does Zana not reset daily what she sells like she used to?

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Bricked 3 uber elder tries today, never made it past 50%. My damage is pretty low I think and I wasn't using kaoms boots so gonna have to try and work on that, guess i'll sell my 2 voll's pieces.

Tooltip while mapping is like 12k with 3 frenzy charges up so probably 10k or so without them for bosses? Not sure how that translates for winter orbs actual damage but meh.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Although I'm enjoying my Occultist Vortex, I do want to try a CoC based build. I don't want to play cyclone. Is Power Siphon/Barrage a good enough trigger for it? What spells would be linked to it? I tried looking around in the guides and didn't see anything pop out, I haven't played a CoC character in a couple of years probably.

I like power siphon, but it's best for easy clearing, but really ramps up on multiple targets. Barrage is really good single target and should be good enough clearing if you have the right skills. Also the bows you can make for barrage CoC are very good. Double damage, elemental damage, +to gem levels, good crit base, etc. Wands have really high base crit as well and can get pretty good stuff (spell crit, multi, spell flat) that can be paired with a nice shield for damage and defenses. Spectral throw would also allow you to use any weapons you want or a shaper 2hander with CoC built in for a 7 link essentially.

For spells it depends. Arc is basically a must. The damage is insane and the clearly is amazing. Ball Lightning is also pretty awesome, but it really needs slower projectiles somehow (works with spectral throw setup) to really shine. If you're doing barrage or power siphon you'll want to be ranged so remember that CoC procs from the CASTER'S position. So stuff like glacial cascade can be really good, but it comes from your feet when you proc it so if you're not close enough it's not hitting. That's why projectiles or large area (bladefall, firestorm) are the way to go. Some people used to use ethereal knives back in the day too, but I don't have any experience with that.

In order of "best' for a ranged CoC build I'd say:

Arc
Ball Lightning
Ice spear/Freezing Pulse
Bladefall/Firestorm
Fireball/Frostbolt (doesn't do much damage unfortunately, but like Freezing pulse has a very good threshold jewel)

When I made my CoC build I tried to look up info, but really no one had done pure CoC builds (not including mjolnir/cospris type stuff) since like 2.6. I think people are still figuring it out. Pretty much only thing I can say is Arc is top dog by far.

I made a new build last night. I did a cheapo PP build with double 5link and 6 link wands (shaper/elder) which I put Ice Nova and Vortex in respectively. Then I put "cast triggered spells on skill use" enchants on it. Then in my armor I just have a frostbolt garbo cast I spam to proc those two out of the frostbolts. Ice nova only procs once, but I can get 5 vortexes out pretty regularly. I had to get some cooldown recovery because innate skill trigger is 4seconds, but I got some on boots (13% iirc) and you can get 10 on belts with craft or 15 with one of the elder ones (or shaper I don't remember). So looking at 30% CDR on a 4 second cooldown puts it at 3ish seconds. Not bad. Not nearly as good as PP but they're an exalt each. My wands were 5c and 20c, but effectively I'm running a 5 link, 6 link, and 5link.

I was originally going to do frostbolt on cast while channeling winter orb, but as I learned at lvl 68 CoChannel only procs triggered spells at the start of the channel. Not throughout. Made me pretty sad, but really freed up my chest for a good ES robe with just 4-5 links (I'm CI Occultist of course). So far it's not bad and when I actually get my gems to 20 and stack crit multi I should really destroy shit.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well apparently voll's devotion is only worth 1ex or less now, after being 3ex a couple weeks ago so I guess I need a new plan to fund upgrades and slams lol.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Made the aurabot. 13 auras 2 curses. I'm surprised how much i enjoy this playstyle. Running with a friend who made a Howa jugg. the damage is just silly.

Probably will try to make this a thing for the leagues to come and just focus on support.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm trying out a new for me but old for others idea. I dropped my staff and staff perks and some other stuff for scepter/shield for more health/es and the acrobatics branch. I lost like 10% dmg on the tooltip and 20% cast speed aswell as my ES going from like 3800 to 2600. I feel alot more durable though so i feel like the tradeoff has been fine so far. Since others were going with vaal rightous fire i'm trying that too instead of vaal storm call, but the gem is not high enough level to tell if its good or not yet. Also trying Shield charge + fortify, im not a fan so far but i dont know how to utilize shield charge properly yet. Considering a 2nd set of cwdt - warlords mark-immortal call instead.

Edit: "The Grand Architect's Temple", i found it. Is it soloable? I assume you only get 1 shot.

You get one shot at the boss yes but you can go back as many times as you have azurite until he dies. He's a bleed based / physical encounter, just bring flares like all the other bosses and a bleed flask and you'll be good to go.

Made the aurabot. 13 auras 2 curses. I'm surprised how much i enjoy this playstyle. Running with a friend who made a Howa jugg. the damage is just silly.

Probably will try to make this a thing for the leagues to come and just focus on support.

Nice dude, aura bots are awesome and are pretty much mandatory for groups.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bricked 3 uber elder tries today, never made it past 50%. My damage is pretty low I think and I wasn't using kaoms boots so gonna have to try and work on that, guess i'll sell my 2 voll's pieces.

Kaoms boots arnt really required. When he starts slowing you Flame Dash either through him or away from him depending on your position.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You get one shot at the boss yes but you can go back as many times as you have azurite until he dies. He's a bleed based / physical encounter, just bring flares like all the other bosses and a bleed flask and you'll be good to go.

Nice dude, aura bots are awesome and are pretty much mandatory for groups.

Cool thanks.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok so I have a staff with lvl 16 PCoC, +2 cold gems and 12% crit chance (2 prefix 1 suffix). Opinions on whether or not it's worth 2exalts to craft prefix can't be changed and scour to multimod an extra suffix on it?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ok so I have a staff with lvl 16 PCoC, +2 cold gems and 12% crit chance (2 prefix 1 suffix). Opinions on whether or not it's worth 2exalts to craft prefix can't be changed and scour to multimod an extra suffix on it?
I think there's an "add prefix, remove suffix" Einhar recipe.