Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay PoE bros, I need help. I didn't play Delve league, so I'm delving for the first time this league. I'm trying to get the hidden nodes (especially currency) but I just can't figure out where the hidden path is. Given the tutorial on poelab.com about hidden paths, I circled in red the paths that should have an option to spawn the hidden paths since they don't have 4 nodes, but I've checked them all (except one I think). In any case, the blue circle is a hidden path I found already, but that was it. What gives?

View attachment 189716

Deadends can't have a hidden path. Nodes with only two paths HAVE to have a hidden path. The only possible path for the currency is the one you circled on the left by the city. The path should be by the cart so check again, sometimes the wall can be pretty deep. You also have to see the "grids" that each square forms, so the hidden armor/azurite are blocking the currency from the bottom and from the right.

edit: theres a small chance the path can be from the top center directly north of the blue circle you made, depends on how the grid is laid out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I know I'm dicking around with lower level maps and builds that sort of suck, and starting over a 3rd time doesn't help any, but how the fuck do you guys make so much money? I found one unique early on that got me 100c, and I found 1 exalted, and I sold various chickenshit things here and there, for maybe 20c max on any given item, most 1-5c. Is it truly just blowing through higher level maps and getting higher level drops that brings in the cash? I mean, besides just getting absurdly lucky with something, of course.

The most uncomplicated way is to farm delve fossils. Just find a long node at level 30 or something with a couple of blow up walls, do the delve run back check for fossils/walls in the dark, if it has say 2 or 3 walls leave one wall up), get to the endpoint and rezone to the start point of the same delve again and it should have re spawned any boxes/fossils cause you left one wall up. What you want is speed to run through no hassles each time (buy a hat/flasks/boots etc). It's still very decent per hour as most people can't be arsed to farm fossils. Try and do this in a fungal cavern as that's got dense fossils and they always sell instantly for 5-6c a pop (but all fossils are generally ok). You net some other stuff like currency nodes while you're dong this.

Alot of people are making currency getting scarab drops but to be perfectly honest running betrayal in ossuary/HB for 2-3 hours while I put the put the correct people in their place me want to kill myself as its boring as fuck.

Doing higher maps does not mean more valuable stuff i don't think unless it's high end elder/shaper bases but I don't know much about that side of things. You're not going to see exalts and shit more often in later zones though no.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I know I'm dicking around with lower level maps and builds that sort of suck, and starting over a 3rd time doesn't help any, but how the fuck do you guys make so much money? I found one unique early on that got me 100c, and I found 1 exalted, and I sold various chickenshit things here and there, for maybe 20c max on any given item, most 1-5c. Is it truly just blowing through higher level maps and getting higher level drops that brings in the cash? I mean, besides just getting absurdly lucky with something, of course.

A lot of flipping, and looking at bad items up. I often have 6-7 tabs open at all times on sure-win items thgat people put up too cheap. I grab them, and resell them. Also, I made a lot of money selling excess non-pure breachstones when they were like 100+c each even for a generic tuls. It was absolutely worthwhile spending on breach on zana map. Probably still is, to be honest. I also got 2 doctor cards this league, one of which I sold, the other I have up atm - those are huge.

Additionally, most of us spend on sextants, and getting higher quant maps so that the odds of better items goes up.

If you can stomach it, Olmec's is a good very fast and unique map to run which has relatively decent drops, given the cost. Oba's cursed trove (UGS) too, but you need to be able to clear that quickly.

You will figure all this out as time goes on. Really, I think most of us have been where you are now at one point. Like "WTF How they get that much?!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
A lot of flipping, and looking at bad items up. I often have 6-7 tabs open at all times on sure-win items thgat people put up too cheap. I grab them, and resell them. Also, I made a lot of money selling excess non-pure breachstones when they were like 100+c each even for a generic tuls. It was absolutely worthwhile spending on breach on zana map. Probably still is, to be honest. I also got 2 doctor cards this league, one of which I sold, the other I have up atm - those are huge.

Additionally, most of us spend on sextants, and getting higher quant maps so that the odds of better items goes up.

If you can stomach it, Olmec's is a good very fast and unique map to run which has relatively decent drops, given the cost. Oba's cursed trove (UGS) too, but you need to be able to clear that quickly.

You will figure all this out as time goes on. Really, I think most of us have been where you are now at one point. Like "WTF How they get that much?!"

Seems like a lot of it is spend currency to make it too. Good corruptions can take a low value item and make it worth multiple exalts. That can be hard for mere mortals to stomach as they just end up with locked items. Crafting rares, watch some you tube videos for some stomach churning shit as people burn more currency than I’ll ever see to get perfect mods.

For the lazy lab is still an option. I made 200+ chaos yesterday in 12 or so lab runs. I also have a bunch of 18-20 quality gems from it as well. I’m considering rolling up one of those high speed run builds just for lab farming.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How long did those lab runs take? You could have gotten way more doing syndicate/fossil farming. The only time I'd consider farming lab was if I was also going for a specific enchant that I didn't want to pay out of pocket.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, trade macro which uses AHK script. Just search poe trade macro and it'll take you to the downloads and faqs

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How do ignites from different source work? If I support my Warchief totem with Combustion, am I going to reliably get the fire penetration? Or will ignites from my attacks overwrite the totem's?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually did really well on the MS jugg before I gave that up. Banked like 35 ex and 156 atlas completion before I started dicking about on other random builds.

Oh nice youre killing it, you can borrow a HeadHunter if you want? seems like you got almost all else. I also have hundreds of T16's if youre planning on grinding.

Alks new vid -

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think EE had a nebuloch ms jugg build out there.

Alkaizer is a player who levels to 100 in maps and plays on Hardcore so its geared more towards that audience who balance defense and grind to 100 in maps.

EE would be more the breachstone to 100 type and guides for newer players who want medium end builds.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats harsh man!

Think you misunderstood because they are both really good guides. EE is great for the newer people, almost everyone of my new friends this league used his builds this league. His guides are explained slowly and well written and dont take any kind of expensive gear.

Alkaizer doesnt break things down or explain interactions, he just goes over his layers of defense and general build which is more suited for people who know what they are doing. You also need multiple layers of defense when grinding to 100 in maps which Alkaizer always has and people like Mathil or EE wont have because they dont care about grinding.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
How long did those lab runs take? You could have gotten way more doing syndicate/fossil farming. The only time I'd consider farming lab was if I was also going for a specific enchant that I didn't want to pay out of pocket.

6-8 mins I’d guess, shrine placement matters a bit, each new instance can add or shave a little time because of it. Delving doesn’t seem particularly faster to me but I’ve still not done a lot of it yet, I’ve only gotten to lvl 80. That’s also what I’d consider decent luck doing labs, not great not bad, potential for way more than that is there on lucky days.I don’t think it’s always worth it either, the layout has to be good and of course enough runs have to be done to average out the motivation destroying streaks of bad rng. It is a mindless, don’t have to know anything about the market, way of making money. Poe ninja has a convienent list of the enchant values. On off days I don’t run it and go mapping and lately delving once I’ve got the sulphite for it. What’s the breakdown for pushing lower delve depths vs farming shallow depths for fossils? I’m not sure if I should push lower and get to relevant lvl content or go back up and farm.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
So should I stop chasing the azurite and currency rooms and just take the most vertical path down no matter what?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm no expert, but I think you'd want to still hit as many azurite nodes as possible. That darkness resistance and light radius, not to mention sulphite capacity for those times you hit some good Niko maps, are all huge QoL upgrades for delving. I know the people on streams make all that shit seem easy, and you apparently know what you are doing and could crush it probably too, but I can't even imagine trying to delve without as much of the first two as possible.

The fact that all that shit, except for actual sulphite, carries over to all your characters is amazeballs too. I avoided doing Delve on my second character because I thought I'd have to redo all that, but I'm fucking ecstatic that I don't. Along with not having to redo trials, GGG really knows how to make people want to play alts.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If they would only remove the requirement to play through the fucking string every single God forsaken character...

I suspect we gonna have to wait for 4.0.0 for that sadly.