Path of Exile

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So some weird shit is happening on my atlas.

elder near center, shaper in the 4 guardians as usual, time to do guardians to extend elder to them and make the elder guardian spawns, busiess as usual.

I do Hydra, elder takes over as usual, i move to forge, same thing, then i do mino and boom, elder influence completely resets to one side, no more shaper influence on guardians.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but this has happened 3 times in a row. I can't seem to fucking get elder in center like i usually do, influence completely resets after i do a couple guardians.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So some weird shit is happening on my atlas.

elder near center, shaper in the 4 guardians as usual, time to do guardians to extend elder to them and make the elder guardian spawns, busiess as usual.

I do Hydra, elder takes over as usual, i move to forge, same thing, then i do mino and boom, elder influence completely resets to one side, no more shaper influence on guardians.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but this has happened 3 times in a row. I can't seem to fucking get elder in center like i usually do, influence completely resets after i do a couple guardians.

This happened to me too. Was 3/4s done and then i did a T15 shaper influenced one connected to the last one i had to clear and boom, back to 1/4. I thought maybe i'd messed up so was planning on not taking any sidetrips in the future but since you also had this issue maybe there is something thats bugged. It worked on my 2nd go around though.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you have the recipe you COULD Einhar split it. It will split the suffixes/prefixes randomly onto two of that item. Maybe be pretty worth as you just need to land cast speed/crit/life roll really. The split recipe is currently used for 6link bases for the most part, but as you can't split elder/shaper items it's a lot less useful to most builds nowadays. Sure, a good 6link Astral is nice, but pretty much every rare weapon needs to be shaper/elder now. Same to be said for MOST chests for the %crit chance and inherent life/ES bonuses with the shaper/elder mods.

So if you got one, I'd definitely risk it.

I don’t. Yet. I’m trying to decide if 200c is worth it. Can get a similar + 1 shield for 3ex

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Got my syndicate set up perfectly so I can pause the whole fucking thing while I finish my atlas and run a bunch of maps. Found that Shaped Toxic Sewer maps are the tits for decent, cheap, casual xp.
screenshot-0001.png

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Got my syndicate set up perfectly so I can pause the whole fucking thing while I finish my atlas and run a bunch of maps. Found that Shaped Toxic Sewer maps are the tits for decent, cheap, casual xp.
View attachment 190867

It that fled not the leader of research.

Syndicate invalid.

On a side note, I learned just last weekend with my friend that when you finish a safehouse, the person just below them on the org chart will take over as leader. I didn't know that actually. lol.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On a side note, I learned just last weekend with my friend that when you finish a safehouse, the person just below them on the org chart will take over as leader. I didn't know that actually. lol.
Yeah, you can use imprison to get rid of a shitty leader outside of a SH and the same thing will happen.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, you can use imprison to get rid of a shitty leader outside of a SH and the same thing will happen.

Yeah I knew about that, I just didnt know if you complete the safehouse it did that. for some reason I thought it just picked a random leader from whomever else was available.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you have the recipe you COULD Einhar split it. It will split the suffixes/prefixes randomly onto two of that item. Maybe be pretty worth as you just need to land cast speed/crit/life roll really. The split recipe is currently used for 6link bases for the most part, but as you can't split elder/shaper items it's a lot less useful to most builds nowadays. Sure, a good 6link Astral is nice, but pretty much every rare weapon needs to be shaper/elder now. Same to be said for MOST chests for the %crit chance and inherent life/ES bonuses with the shaper/elder mods.

So if you got one, I'd definitely risk it.
Dumb question since I've yet to run into said beast, but if I buy the spider can I do that craft? Or do I have to find it wild to be able to do it first?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
@Bragon I had that happen once to me. It seems that now (maybe always but I could've sworn you could just go around the outside in a line before) you do the first map, say top left. Then you can do top right or bottom left. Then you must do the one of those that you still have before you do the kitty corner map (bottom right in this example). If you try to do the corner before having the L setup on the other 3 then it will collapse off the guardians and you have to start over.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I made a thing, not even sure if it's gonna be any good, but on paper it looks baller?

staff.PNG

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, pretty much done with the league. Got 2 achievements to hit 37 challenges, 18 more research stashes and 3 incursion rooms(heal, map, tempest), so nothing difficult. Thinking of trying a HoWA occultist just to see how tanky this build can purportedly be.

One thing I can't figure out, why are most HoWA builds using wise oak? Dying Sun messes up the balancing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I saw a few builds using Vinktar. 94% of HoWA Occultists are using Dying Sun, 58% are using Wise Oak, 38% are using Vinktar :confused:

I'm not really a fan of Vinktar since its charge usage is incongruous with all other flasks.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I made a HOWA jug and got up to 89, killed u elder. probly the tankiest shit I've played in a while and I didn't really min max the gear either.
Shit is just absurd and puts out absurd DPS. Maps clear are under 2/3 minutes which is stupid for a non ranged build.

Love it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vinktar even nerfed is still super strong if you can avoid the shocked penalty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think retooling my poets pen occultist in to something else is gonna be my next project as well, but not sure I want to do another MS build. Suppose I could just use storm brands or whatever, or maybe winter orb? I'm not sure which skills require elementalist for their damage and which can just be used in a tankier occultist setup.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think retooling my poets pen occultist in to something else is gonna be my next project as well, but not sure I want to do another MS build. Suppose I could just use storm brands or whatever, or maybe winter orb? I'm not sure which skills require elementalist for their damage and which can just be used in a tankier occultist setup.

You can do anything as Occultist and having 2 curses (which work in hexproof maps) + free power charges or near instant ES regen is really powerful. You also get the free "pop" from cursed enemies was Occultist which makes AoE clearing easier.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Haven't tried the occultist version but not being able to get slowed below base speed is pretty big. Also since you apply life regen to ES and jugg gets extra life regen from ascendancy, it's very handy.

Undeniable was a huge huge DPS boost because all that AR gave me a huge attack speed boost. Before you get it the attack speed will seem super slow, but after it's just fine.

Last edited by a moderator: