Path of Exile

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
How do you get so many maps? I keep being bumped down to tier 2-3 maps as I cleared out all of my 4-6 ones and don't get enough back to replace them.

I actually started Delve for the first time recently to see if I can farm maps there.. I'm down deep enough so that I've started getting tier1-3 maps so hopefully if i keep digging down ill find some useful stuff.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking for when Delving? I just clear out the currency nodes I can see and apart from that have been heading straight down. I basically plan to go down until the fights get dangerous and then start going sideways instead. Found my first Vaal Outpost (which actually had nodes in it) last night which got me my first exalted orb so that was exciting.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Secondary content is very important at sustaining maps. Most of it comes from delve, some from incursion, some from betrayal, some from juicing your maps correctly.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I see, I don't make much progress with incursion or betrayal since I mostly play in a group and since I don't have any decent maps one of my regular groupmates is always the one opening them, so he owns the incursion and betrayal updates. When playing solo I've mostly just been doing delve which sounds like it's the way to go.

There's no point juicing up low level maps right?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No point to juice up low level maps unless Niko is on it maybe, but even then the only juicing should be to elder or shape it through the zana option. You certainly must do incursion and delve. Thats the money.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll hit you guys up. I just didn’t want to freeload. Probably same as void.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
We need to maybe make a FoH league and plan it well maybe next league when there is a month left to go?

Not sure who would all be down but there is some wild options and it would be fun to make something different.

That'd be fun as fuck. Tho i don't think anyone can play as hard as you do K lol

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I see, I don't make much progress with incursion or betrayal since I mostly play in a group and since I don't have any decent maps one of my regular groupmates is always the one opening them, so he owns the incursion and betrayal updates. When playing solo I've mostly just been doing delve which sounds like it's the way to go.

There's no point juicing up low level maps right?
There's a handy guide on reddit recently, let me try to find it.

https://i.redd.it/h6m2drhaah721.png

You might find the other parts helpful, but the map juicing is in the upper middle. It's just a guide, no need to follow it precisely. Generally, I alch T3+, chisel T14+(because they can drop T16 maps), vaal red maps because it helps with the challenge but only if you don't care if it changes bases, and sextant my eldered map.

You'll have to do this a few times before you get a feel for how much you'd like to juice your maps. I HATE buying map juicing components, so that's why I restrict my chiseling more than that guideline recommends. But I almost always have a supply of alchs and chaos, so I rare and shape pretty frequently.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
hit me up in game tonight on boom bunny, I should be farming as normal and can just pass them to you and you can give me the number of chisels its worth to you. Only stipulation is that I want to give only 1 of the t16s. You dont have to pay market price, just what its worth to ya.

View attachment 191012
Is it Boombunny? Anyway...i'll hit you up tonight. We may play at different times though...

Or if Korrupt Korrupt wants to hit me up, i'll at least toss chisels at maps for t11+ to finish my atlas...

Caedren_The_Second

Last edited:

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I chisel, alch and sacrfice frag all my shit and get nothing then a magic map with low qual will drop and I'll just run it and get four fucking maps. I know it's all playing averages but most of the time I'm happy to just recover my alch in the map. I've at least gotten over the t10 hump though and haven't gotten busted below that in a while. Doesnt help that I'm still lvl 120 in delve but I hate delve as much as you all hate lab. Judging from that screenshot I'm just going to have to learn to love it in all its cart chasing monotony.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, i'm only at like 200 depth or something (just got to monster lvl 80 yesterday) and I've been farming red maps for a long time. Getting deep in delve is pretty hard now if you aren't cheesing syndicate and/or buying sulphite scarabs.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Is it Boombunny? Anyway...i'll hit you up tonight. We may play at different times though...

Or if Korrupt Korrupt wants to hit me up, i'll at least toss chisels at maps for t11+ to finish my atlas...

Caedren_The_Second

KahhBoomBunny but I could not make it on tonight, I'm sorry. Try tomorrow if you still need them. I'm reaching the end too of this league, I really want 40/40 but the atlas objectives is murdering me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
KahhBoomBunny but I could not make it on tonight, I'm sorry. Try tomorrow if you still need them. I'm reaching the end too of this league, I really want 40/40 but the atlas objectives is murdering me.
You did endgame grind? That seems like a bigger mountain than atlas objectives, solo at least.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You can do Atlas Objectives in multiple leagues and dailies will reset in all of them. So do 4 in Softcore Delve, 4 in Hardcore, join a couple private leagues, etc.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can do Atlas Objectives in multiple leagues and dailies will reset in all of them. So do 4 in Softcore Delve, 4 in Hardcore, join a couple private leagues, etc.

If youre doing 40/40 you know the game and you shouldnt be map constrained. Its much as in 10x faster at least to burn maps w/ masters prophs and just force them to repop. It also seemed "aka napkin math" that they proc'd a lot more on higher tier maps.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are there X amounts of maps you need to do before elder influence comes back after killing uber elder? Or is it just a random real world timer?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are there X amounts of maps you need to do before elder influence comes back after killing uber elder? Or is it just a random real world timer?

Yes its map driven not timer based, you just need to clear 60% of maps for shaper / elder triggers. Atlas objectives work different where you need to complete the actual map by just killing the boss only.

Expansion press release in 3 weeks already posted on reddit, they are doing the press tour early Feb

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
You did endgame grind? That seems like a bigger mountain than atlas objectives, solo at least.

No, I have that too but I don't think that's as hard. Delve 600 will be easily possible (I'm at 350 atm, still just blowing through it with zero risk). Syndicate safehouses will happen with time, can easily be done on the bridge. At this point, I'll likely just buy vaal omnitect spots. I expect to be around 25-30 at the time I finish the other 2 things.

1548355950395.png

I have some other stuff to do as well, but not a whole lot.

1548356041470.png

If youre doing 40/40 you know the game and you shouldnt be map constrained. Its much as in 10x faster at least to burn maps w/ masters prophs and just force them to repop. It also seemed "aka napkin math" that they proc'd a lot more on higher tier maps.

The atlas objectives only count if the master icon is on the atlas, and you do the quest on that specific map. They don't count if you just have a master randomly show up in some map.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im debating doing 40/40 this league too. Ive done 36, I have the temple upgrades basically done and can spawn uber elder on my atlas pretty much at will to finish Zana's Questline. The only really annoying one is the Atlas Objectives.

Untitled.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The atlas objectives only count if the master icon is on the atlas, and you do the quest on that specific map. They don't count if you just have a master randomly show up in some map.

You missed the word prophecy in my sentence? it 100% counts when procd from a prophecy even if it doesnt show on the map as an objective.

Its much as in 10x faster at least to burn maps w/ masters prophs and just force them to repop. It also seemed "aka napkin math" that they proc'd a lot more on higher tier maps.