Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea whatever I do it's not gonna be another MS build, did that this league already. Maybe I'll try some bad self cast nonsense an see if I can get the damage to be reasonable.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I bought a bunch of maps on layaway from someone (kyth_witch) last night, sorry I don't know your forum name. I think it was 11-13s. First, thank you, I really appreciate it, as my maps were pretty non-existent in that tier. If you don't mind extending the credit a bit more, and have them, I could use a double set of 10s also. I could go buy them from a random with alchs I'm sure, because I'm totally out of chaos, but I don't have many alchs left either (and need to save some for the maps themselves), and I figured I'd rather pay you (eventually) than someone else, so let me know. Thanks.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can help you with any maps you need free, post your character name and ill add you to friends and throw you them tonight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I bought a bunch of maps on layaway from someone (kyth_witch) last night, sorry I don't know your forum name. I think it was 11-13s. First, thank you, I really appreciate it, as my maps were pretty non-existent in that tier. If you don't mind extending the credit a bit more, and have them, I could use a double set of 10s also. I could go buy them from a random with alchs I'm sure, because I'm totally out of chaos, but I don't have many alchs left either (and need to save some for the maps themselves), and I figured I'd rather pay you (eventually) than someone else, so let me know. Thanks.

TBH, you're good--no worries on what you owe. But, I can get you the 10s as well if Korrupt hasn't yet.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not to be a downer, but you should reconsider your looting and mapping strategy if you're running dry on currency. Early into pushing maps, yeah, you'll be short on alchs usually. But I bought no maps this league, traded a few with guildies, and my alch reserves were never in jeopardy.

This can be caused by various things. Maybe you're :wizardhawk: and like spending every alch, regal, chaos, and exalt the instant you get it. Or maybe you're not picking up enough uniques early on.

• 1Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thanks guys. In-game name is ShatteringVoid. I really appreciate it.

I'm not really "low" on alchs, I have maybe 50'ish. But if I buy two copies of tier 10 maps like I wanted, each of those is probably at least an alch, so that's half of them. The other half I would have to use to run the maps for completion. That's all I'm saying, I don't wanna run low if I can help it.

That being said, since I could only give a few chaos to kythik last night, I know what a good portion of my currency problem is. This is my first time ever playing PoE, and this is my third character. The first two I stopped at 87 and 85, so I spent a decent amount gearing each of them, thinking that gearing was my problem with not advancing further, when it was really just inherent in the build, and I never really made it into what I would consider "profitable" play. I had no idea how to do Syndicate stuff, and when I did finally figure it out my character was getting annihilated by them. Then I made a jugg that was really only designed to farm Uber Lab, which I didn't do because fuck that. I don't know any of the ways people make good, early money, or I didn't know them early enough to take advantage of them.

I'm not making excuses, just saying that I can see where my lack of knowledge about various things kept me from capitalizing on some of the things I maybe could have. And I've actually kept every unique I've ever looted (minus "sell 5 to get a new 1" etc.), but except for one that I found in the first week that I sold for 100c, and thought I was a comparative millionaire due to that, literally every single one of them except for my Belly of the Beast don't sell for more than a couple c. Since then, I've sold a few rares here and there, but mostly sub-5c. I've found 2 exalts, both of which I spent gearing my previous characters. Granted, I might be able to sell that stuff for the same amount back, but so far no takers. Maybe I overpaid and didn't realize it.

I'm looking at this entire league as more of a learning experience than anything else. I would really like to get as far into mapping as I can, just so I am not still clueless next league. Because right now, I still have no fucking clue how to "shape" my atlas etc., so hopefully I can get further into it and figure that shit out for next go around. Same with picking up and/or exploiting early league market fluctuations.

Basically, so many things I still want to try/learn, but only now do I feel I have a good build to do it with. I want to get deeper into Delve and maps, and get those juicy drops that I can actually start selling and making good income from. You guys have been an invaluable resource and help via info and straight up donations, and I appreciate that. That's also why I try my best to help out with things like selling whomever asks my rift shards that I know I'll never use this league, selling other currencies you guys need, etc. I don't want to only leech, I want to give back what little I can.

EDIT: Re-reading your comment, I totally agree that my looting strategy early on was bad. I literally picked up every single rare for way, way too long. I probably spent more time selling to vendors than killing for the first several days. Now I have a little better handle on it, although the urge to click a chest is strong still.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Clicking chests is fine, I found an exalt, an inpulsa and a nurse card in chests this league. Just set your filters to strict and you won't even see the shit you're not supposed to pick up anymore.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Clicking chests is fine, I found an exalt, an inpulsa and a nurse card in chests this league. Just set your filters to strict and you won't even see the shit you're not supposed to pick up anymore.

The support I run with almost every league clicks every single chest for us and the loot difference is fucking huge. I used to be an anti-chest clicking person until I started playing with him.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
That's what I do when I support. Filters to super strict so I see hardly anything on the ground, and run around with carries and click on chests. The profits are there to showcase it works!

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Having the support do it, I can see being a boost in loot. But, I have yet to see going out of my way for chests to ever be worth it solo.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Solo I basically hop to right near chest, spam MS and open chest, hop to the next etc. It's not that bad. The inpulsa was bout 10 ex at the time so It def helped.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Dude tons of us would sell you maps for basically a couple chisels, or just give them for freee. Personally, I'm flooded in currency and maps with absolutely nothing to spend it on. You want some free shit, hit me up.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
My delve map is fucking crazy.

1548279556261.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We need to maybe make a FoH league and plan it well maybe next league when there is a month left to go?

Not sure who would all be down but there is some wild options and it would be fun to make something different.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't tried the occultist version but not being able to get slowed below base speed is pretty big. Also since you apply life regen to ES and jugg gets extra life regen from ascendancy, it's very handy.

Undeniable was a huge huge DPS boost because all that AR gave me a huge attack speed boost. Before you get it the attack speed will seem super slow, but after it's just fine.
Jugg looks like about 25% more dps while occultist has much higher max es and sustain. Clincher for me is that occultist can get Vaal pact with no downside.

I agree attack speed might be an issue. I might dual wield to start.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We need to maybe make a FoH league and plan it well maybe next league when there is a month left to go?

Not sure who would all be down but there is some wild options and it would be fun to make something different.
Yeah that would be pretty interesting.

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If anyone has t11+ maps to fill out an atlas, I’ll buy them. Caedren_the_Second

It’s my second Caedren. After the first of his name. I still name like I’m role playing.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
hit me up in game tonight on boom bunny, I should be farming as normal and can just pass them to you and you can give me the number of chisels its worth to you. Only stipulation is that I want to give only 1 of the t16s. You dont have to pay market price, just what its worth to ya.

1548285491215.png