Path of Exile

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My map "base" is 1-6 and a full row of each. How is that helpful?
biggrin.png

I need to find someone selling like 10 T9's.

Ryanz

<Banned>
You can search for maps for sale on poe.trade

after a quick search, it seems T9's are going for about 2c.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Okay I'm planning on leveling another character and I'm deciding on two builds. I know a few here played the poison trap/firestorm build and its variations but what about essence drain/contagion builds? Any pro/cons on either?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Okay I'm planning on leveling another character and I'm deciding on two builds. I know a few here played the poison trap/firestorm build and its variations but what about essence drain/contagion builds? Any pro/cons on either?
If you level up trap/firestorm Fire->Chaos conversion it is best to level up ED/Cont anyways. You can get a feel for the build while leveling to decide exactly which path to pursue. The trees are pretty similar until later and you don't trap firestorm until you can use The Consuming Dark @ early 50's. Personally I found ED/Cont really clunky. Lots of stop/start. And once you get a Binos your firestorm works pretty similar to ED/Cont anyways only better.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just got this talisman last night and I am not sure if it's amazing or not. First glance it looks amazing to me but I am still pretty new.

THik1zj.jpg

Here are the reasons I think it's good just to see if I am understanding stats well in this game.

Str and a high amount is good.
Global crit chance AND multiplier on the same item is great.
Good life roll.
Great increase to evasion.
A big chunk of increased chaos damage and a lot of builds (like mine) that I see are all converting their damage to chaos if possible.

Is it good? I am thinking on selling it, what would you guys price it at? I absolutely HATE the trading in any MMO mainly because of pricing and I don't see a single talisman like this on poe.trade to base my price on.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Start at like 5c and drop it by one every single day until you stop at 1c. Might or might not sell.

It's nice, but the rolls aren't top notch and it has no resists.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does crit with work CA? If so then I might just wear it and not sell it. I thought it would be worth more than that.
Dots can't crit. It'd be nice for like crit build that convert to chaos or use the poison supports, but not for caustic arrow or energy drain builds.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Your necklace is great. Ideally, you can get resists on other pieces - gloves, armors, boots etc. Because these pieces rarely have damage mods you want. For necklaces though, you can basically get a whole lot of damage increases along with some very nice bonuses to your heatlh or ES pool.

For my build in talisman, this neck would be pretty good as I play a chaos crit firestorm build based on life. The evasion is to me a wasted roll but the rest is quite sweet. I don't think it'll be too easy to sell it though but maybe 30c?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can endlessly obsess with min/maxxing in PoE. Honestly stepping back from the forums this season has increased my enjoyment of the game. When I was deep in the forums I was constantly convinced I fucked up every character I rolled.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think I made a mistake going ranger instead of scion for a CA build it looks like.
Nah, I think ranger is the way to go. The phys/chaos damage nodes at their start would be better than the proj start for Scion. I'm by no means an expert but I would assume that those points essentially double dip, increasing the initial hit and the cloud damage. The proj nodes would only increase the initial damage portion and even at a lower rate. I'm not sure the benefit of going scion for that build? Easier access to the life wheel? Lot of points to commit for a softcore build.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Nah, I think ranger is the way to go. The phys/chaos damage nodes at their start would be better than the proj start for Scion. I'm by no means an expert but I would assume that those points essentially double dip, increasing the initial hit and the cloud damage. The proj nodes would only increase the initial damage portion and even at a lower rate. I'm not sure the benefit of going scion for that build? Easier access to the life wheel? Lot of points to commit for a softcore build.
Scion has a ton more chaos/aoe damage nodes from what I am seeing of similar build but scion instead. Same gear of course.

I am around 13k aoe dps per cloud and they are double and even sometimes triple.

Caliane

I restarted my seige ballista build from ranger, to scion, becuase it was taking too long to get to AB. But then ended up going all the way over to ranger starter nodes anyway.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently leveling a ranger using the lightning arrow/blast rain build. I got 6L Voltaxic now from selling a 6L Voll's protector that dropped and I was able to 6 link it. I'm using this guide cause he always has awesome builds on his stream.
Forum - Ranger - Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. 2.1 Uber Atziri Viable - Path of Exile

I'm currently having mana issues cause I have all the Lightning arrow gems using a tabula rasa. I had to take out 2 gems and use a clarity gem while I'm leveling. Other than that the build is awesome. Blast rain single target dps is awesome. Really enjoying the game and I can't see myself going back to D3.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I restarted my seige ballista build from ranger, to scion, becuase it was taking too long to get to AB. But then ended up going all the way over to ranger starter nodes anyway.
Seige ballista? Why would you do that to yourself?