Path of Exile

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
He also made Hellgate London, people keep forgetting that. Most of his name recognition comes from D3 fans that are unhappy with the current direction of the game and hope he would turn it around with a triumphant return to Blizzard (not gonna happen). For PoE I kinda expect his name to be brought up mostly for PR reasons as far as the non-chinese market is concerned.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well if he's involved in anyway and actually doing consulting it sounds like a good thing for the PoE community.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So decided to try traps and went with a build that a streamer by the name of Mathil1 played. Good stuff having fun with it thus far. Its a vortex/trap/cluster trap build. Also CI and runs dual curse with a doedres ring also a pyre ring to convert the cold to fire and them crits are something to behold. Only 3 jewel slots though and need to not get hit as it has no leech. So can be rough at times but very fun.

Are you doing Saboteur?

I am doing an ice trap/cluster trap build and I had been using Sunblast and 2 cheap constructions for leveling (0 duration traps so they explode). This was really good dps, as tons of the AoE's overlap. When I got Chain Reaction after I did cruel lab, I thought I could get rid of Sunblast and the 2 jewels, but when I did that my dps went way down. The "chain reaction" from Chain Reaction didn't seem to detonate enough of my traps to have the same overlapping effect I saw when I was using Sunblast. Not sure if I was doing something wrong, but it usually would only cause 2 or maybe 3 to go off on single target bosses or if the set of traps was hit at an edge.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is Chain Reaction in practice really just not as good as Sunblast/2 cheap constructions, or do I need more AoE or something? I have the witch AoE and the increased AoE gem, still lacking the templar aoe though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you link the tree you're using khalid khalid ? The big trap wheel has detonation radius points you take are usually enough for chain reaction to pop them all. Really the lack of DPS from trapping usually comes from the trap cooldown constraint which you circumvent with points and Saboteur.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Can you link the tree you're using khalid khalid ? The big trap wheel has detonation radius points you take are usually enough for chain reaction to pop them all. Really the lack of DPS from trapping usually comes from the trap cooldown constraint which you circumvent with points and Saboteur.

Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

I don't have the small cluster to the southeast, which would give me increased radius, nor do I take the two detonation radius's in the middle of the big circle. Maybe taking all of those would fix the problem. I just didn't see any builds taking those nodes, but maybe its really required.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That tree looks perfect for a non crit, non chaos conversion. With cluster traps all 4 you throw at once should be popping in unison on bosses.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh yeah i'm on softcore essence. I get too much lag to play hardcore without tryharding (random freeze ups and shit, i'm guessing it's my router but I dunno, maybe if I set my graphics to shit tier it wouldn't lock up like it does). Will be a while before I can gear the char out like I want to, will probably end up using whatever decent 2h I find for maps while I build up currency for starforge and other nice gears.

35ex on softcore would probably be about what my final gearset goals cost unless 6L es chests are more expensive than they were for prophecy.

Ryanz

<Banned>
As you know, we have an alternating expansion/large patch cycle that looks like this:
  • 2.0.0: The Awakening expansion (plus Warbands/Tempest leagues)
  • 2.1.0: Talisman league (plus content update)
  • 2.2.0: Ascendancy expansion (plus Perandus league)
  • 2.3.0: Prophecy league (plus content update)
  • 2.4.0: Atlas of Worlds expansion (plus Essence league)

Our next update, 2.5.0, will follow this pattern and contains a challenge league as well as a content update. It's also the last such release in the 2.x.x series, as we're heading towards the release of Path of Exile 3.0.0 next year.

We're currently aiming to release 2.5.0 on either December 2 or December 9, US time. We'll provide a more firm release date in a couple of weeks when we do our official announcement. Alongside the new challenge league and various other updates, this will also mark the official release of our new DirectX 11/64 bit Path of Exile game client. We've been working hard to make sure that both it and the regular DirectX 9 version run as fast as possible. It's a big improvement.

We're also planning to run an opt-in test of the new DirectX 11/64 bit client in our upcoming 2.4.2 update, which will likely be released mid-next-week. It also includes three new channelled skills (Blade Flurry, Scorching Ray and Blight). Please try it out and let us know how it runs on your machine!

As a side note, we've actually included most of the miscellaneous bug fixes and small features from 2.5.0 in the 2.4.2 update, for a few reasons:

• Disentangling these changes from some of the renderer changes would be a lot of work, so it's a lot easier to include everything barring the secret 2.5.0 and 3.0.0 content.
  • Moving them away from the launch of 2.5.0 means that any problems with the features are found before release, increasing the chance that the launch goes well.
  • They're ready, so why not release them early? :)

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Guys I didn't play essence league but if anyone wants to make currency in standard, I'll gladly buy all max rank of the essence used to craft minion related shenannigans. I have a lot of currency and items to blow so if you have some or can collect some, I'm good for my money!

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
He also made Hellgate London, people keep forgetting that. Most of his name recognition comes from D3 fans that are unhappy with the current direction of the game and hope he would turn it around with a triumphant return to Blizzard (not gonna happen). For PoE I kinda expect his name to be brought up mostly for PR reasons as far as the non-chinese market is concerned.

I think I am one of the 4 people in the world who liked Hellgate London and wish it could have developed more content to become a full fleged game. Felt more like a demo. A good demo but a demo to me.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
If i buy a bunch of swag for my hideout during this essence league is it like an mtx that I can use in the next league or will it only be available in standard or not at all when the league is over?