Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2 Tips for people who are just getting into the game.

1. If you find an item with 6 sockets vendor it for 7 jeweler orbs.
1a. Every time you level, visit all the vendors in the game and buy up all the R-G-B linked and 6S items for cheap and resell for chromatics/7 jewelers.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the tips. Pasteton I'll def take you up on that offer, and I promise not to sell it. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
I'll be on in a couple hours if you are around. What's your game name? Also hopefully you are in soft core , I 'dropped' out of hardcore along time back thanks to an unexpected meeting with perpetus.

All I need is someone willing to play fusing roulette for me - trying to 5l my staff, if I get it with your or anyone else's fusing, they win 2 Gcp 5 chaos. Unfortunately I'm poor and don't multiclient so I can't do more Than that. But getting a 5l on a 6 socket item isn't too crazy difficult, so your odds of winning are high.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Figures that in softcore I was able to 5L 2 different chest pieces with a total of less than 50 fusings combined for the 2(one of them was on like the 3rd or 4th fusing). Now in hardcore I can't get a 5L going for the life of me. Probably 100 fusings burned. Bleh.

purGe

Molten Core Raider
1a. Every time you level, visit all the vendors in the game and buy up all the R-G-B linked and 6S items for cheap and resell for chromatics/7 jewelers.
I would avoid spending alteration orbs for R-G-B items as their value is greater than chromatics. A good site for approximate market conversion rates is poeex.info

Vorph

True, but most of them won't be magic and will only cost a transmutation or scroll.

Also, exileex.com ... poeex.info was sold to a RMT company and while the values haven't changed much at all yet, I would not trust them at all when there's a site with no ads or other RMT interference out there.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll be on in a couple hours if you are around. What's your game name? Also hopefully you are in soft core , I 'dropped' out of hardcore along time back thanks to an unexpected meeting with perpetus.

All I need is someone willing to play fusing roulette for me - trying to 5l my staff, if I get it with your or anyone else's fusing, they win 2 Gcp 5 chaos. Unfortunately I'm poor and don't multiclient so I can't do more Than that. But getting a 5l on a 6 socket item isn't too crazy difficult, so your odds of winning are high.
Yeah, I have a few fusings you can have. I'll be on tonight (6pm EST to 12pm EST).

My ingame name is TucoW, and yeah I'm on softcore.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So last night I tried the docks farming that I've been hearing so much about. At cruel difficulty.

Is that the current endgame (with exception to these maps I hear so much about)? On merciless is it as much of a clusterfuck of avoiding flamethrower dogs while exploding loot pinatas? I can't imagine doing a run where everyone in the party has +100% item quantity.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So last night I tried the docks farming that I've been hearing so much about. At cruel difficulty.

Is that the current endgame (with exception to these maps I hear so much about)? On merciless is it as much of a clusterfuck of avoiding flamethrower dogs while exploding loot pinatas? I can't imagine doing a run where everyone in the party has +100% item quantity.
This is one of the complaints of the game people want changed. They should add some sort of item filter or gem that filters items.

Also the endgame maps are not in yet. I've heard there will be ten acts but I don't have a source.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's their long term plans. Basically in an interview about the future of the game they said they plan on keeping working on the game for 10years if they can, and that they'd release one new act per year or so. As such, 10acts. But they also said they have absolutely nothing planned past act4. They already are working on the end of act3 and have some idea of what they're going to do with act4, but act5+ is for now inexistant.

Regardless the acts aren't necessarily related to the max level etc. They can raise the endgame levels by adding more maps regardless of act content. As they add more acts the only thing that's going to happen is that they'll remove difficulties like they did from closed to open beta, and I guess they get new tiles to work with for maps but that's about it. I'd expect to have maps up to 85 or so by act4, which would make reaching lvl 100 fairly easy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is one of the complaints of the game people want changed. They should add some sort of item filter or gem that filters items.
That and I'd like to edit the graphics to make them a lot less flashy. You can't see shit with how much is being thrown around. There were times where several of us were literally firing our spells at nothing but each other and our pets. It seems like the only way to tell that the mobs are dead are when items stop dropping, lol.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
As someone who kills most of their enemies by Burn, I hope they have an ETA on when they will fix iiq/iir gems to work with burn. I could run with both gems when I am farming zones but they are so ineffective for most of my kills.

Also - anyone have an approximation on what rares will sell and for how much? I am still confused on what are good stats particularly for melee classes.
I am pretty clueless on this as I just vendor everything out of laziness, but im feeling a currency crunch now so I am trying to get more careful

Will an item with 3 resists 25+ sell? for how much?
I believe added fire/cold/lightning damage items will sell - but depends on how high the bonus is. How high is needed to sell? and how much will tehse go for?
what else sells?

Vorph

That's one thing I really like about the 2xTotem/3xSpectre build. Sure, my screen is filled with up to 50 projectiles at a time, but at least I always know when the fight is over.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Are you set on that staff/stats? Or are you just trying to get a 5L staff? I have a 5L staff collecting dust in the bank

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey tuc/hate sorry had to run to a meeting. I usually play pretty late night - if you guys are on like after 10 or 11 PST we should get you to merc so we can farm ledge.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hey tuc/hate sorry had to run to a meeting. I usually play pretty late night - if you guys are on like after 10 or 11 PST we should get you to merc so we can farm ledge.
NP were all old, RL happens.

We got 55 or 56 tonight i think. Tuco might still be going hah. Luckiest person I've ever seen, he got 4 6S tonight, dude can ninja like a pro too.

I usually log off around 10 or 11 EST...work a 40h/week job.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll edit our names into the OP of the thread.

Also I ended up like ninja'ing 7 out of the eight 6s items that dropped tonight.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got this message twice tonight, any idea what it's about?
rrr_img_19448.png

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Add me to the op

MrWinks 74 LA Marauder (Default)
MrFrost 70 support wander w/ conduit (Default)