Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm a little apprehensive about selling, because it seemed like everyone I bought from was just sitting around their home-base waiting for people to pop in to wordlessly buy their shit. I'm hoping I can offload my goods quickly or find a way to sell without interrupting actually playing the game.

I feel like there should be guys who cater to lazy people like me and just buy items at bulk at a huge discount. I'd take a 20% cut from my goods if it meant I didn't have to stop killing. But I'm just a noob so it's probably easier than I think, like buying gear was.
You need to figure out what is your time worth. I basically stopped selling anything worth less than a chaos, since going back to hideout for an alch or a couple of alts is not worth it. Once you have a decent item filter and an idea what an item is worth, it's better to up your clearspeed, pick up only currency and good rare bases which tend to be worth more and sell only the more expensive items.

Basically I have a tab or two priced 1c and chuck anything somebody might buy there, if it doesn't sell in a few days and I need to free up space, it gets vendored or thrown into guild stash. Then a separate one for more expensive items, which you can indeed underprice to sell faster.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is a ton of ways to make money in PoE. The lab is mentioned a lot because its super profitable early on from the boxes alone and the difficulty for the reward is barely there once your used to running lab.

ilvl 83/84 Items - You can farm Oba's cursed trove maps, Guardian maps, or Uber Lab for crafting bases. Some of the bases especially with this life meta are selling for 20-40c ++.

Blood Aqueduct - Farming the divination for Tabula Rasa. This was moved from the act 4 start to the new zone but it is super worth it. They sell for 1ex early on.

Divine Orbs - Hardly anyone uses these the first week. I have dumped all of my chaos into them and waited till they go up to 7-8c per (already there this league rip) and then dump them. Its an easy way to double your chaos week 1.

Linking items - People are buying Shavs for example and linking them for 1-6ex and doubling their money. They dropped overnight to 17ex but we sold a couple last night for 28ex. Even at 17ex if you have shitty luck its still profitable to 6L them until they drop to 11-12ex.

Boss killing - You can charge people 15-20 chaos per slot to be carried in Uber Atziri or Shaper for the challenge. /trade 820 is a great place to sell them and a lot of people cant handle those 2 bosses so its profitable for a while.

Challenges - People pay just like for the boss killing for challenges. If you get for example one of the essence rares for the challenges people are paying 15c per spot so you can make 60c on accident by upgrading one and hitting a rare. The same channel is used for these /trade 820. You can get an idea of what sells by the WTB messages. People this league also seem to be selling a lot of map completion spots for shaper orbs or just guardian maps, might be worth looking into.

SSF Lab - SSF has its own ladders and its own rewards. Everyday at reset the top speed in each lab gets a unique jewel. Last league I farmed SSF for 9 days saving all of those gems and then migrated to normal legacy league with 120ex worth of jewels. The int one alone was selling for 8ex. There is barely if any competition so building a movement speed build and going trickster with fireball I was able to run the ladder no problem. In a normal league I would have 0 chance with the speed runners.

Lab - You want to do 4+ key runs, the money from lab comes from ilvl 84 boxes, currency boxes, map boxes, and quality skill gem boxes. The side bonus to doing key runs is you can get some of the uniques from lab which sell well. I also generally buy up all of the Daresso's or whatever unique helm is kind of in meta to enchant in lab. Enchanted white helms if they hit barrage or some of the high end enchants are worth 8ex for the enchant alone.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is a ton of ways to make money in PoE. The lab is mentioned a lot because its super profitable early on from the boxes alone and the difficulty for the reward is barely there once your used to running lab.

ilvl 83/84 Items - You can farm Oba's cursed trove maps, Guardian maps, or Uber Lab for crafting bases. Some of the bases especially with this life meta are selling for 20-40c ++.

Blood Aqueduct - Farming the divination for Tabula Rasa. This was moved from the act 4 start to the new zone but it is super worth it. They sell for 1ex early on.

Divine Orbs - Hardly anyone uses these the first week. I have dumped all of my chaos into them and waited till they go up to 7-8c per (already there this league rip) and then dump them. Its an easy way to double your chaos week 1.

Linking items - People are buying Shavs for example and linking them for 1-6ex and doubling their money. They dropped overnight to 17ex but we sold a couple last night for 28ex. Even at 17ex if you have shitty luck its still profitable to 6L them until they drop to 11-12ex.

Boss killing - You can charge people 15-20 chaos per slot to be carried in Uber Atziri or Shaper for the challenge. /trade 820 is a great place to sell them and a lot of people cant handle those 2 bosses so its profitable for a while.

Challenges - People pay just like for the boss killing for challenges. If you get for example one of the essence rares for the challenges people are paying 15c per spot so you can make 60c on accident by upgrading one and hitting a rare. The same channel is used for these /trade 820. You can get an idea of what sells by the WTB messages. People this league also seem to be selling a lot of map completion spots for shaper orbs or just guardian maps, might be worth looking into.

SSF Lab - SSF has its own ladders and its own rewards. Everyday at reset the top speed in each lab gets a unique jewel. Last league I farmed SSF for 9 days saving all of those gems and then migrated to normal legacy league with 120ex worth of jewels. The int one alone was selling for 8ex. There is barely if any competition so building a movement speed build and going trickster with fireball I was able to run the ladder no problem. In a normal league I would have 0 chance with the speed runners.

Lab - You want to do 4+ key runs, the money from lab comes from ilvl 84 boxes, currency boxes, map boxes, and quality skill gem boxes. The side bonus to doing key runs is you can get some of the uniques from lab which sell well. I also generally buy up all of the Daresso's or whatever unique helm is kind of in meta to enchant in lab. Enchanted white helms if they hit barrage or some of the high end enchants are worth 8ex for the enchant alone.
A++ post, I think I'm going to try focusing on labs, I really enjoyed them, but I also really want to try out maps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
aim TS just beyond primary target. The initial shots will hit with 100% pierce. Then explode in the aoe nova, and also hit targets, in a shot gun effect. So an +8 proj TS can hit a single target 9 times.
+projectiles is then most valuable. it increases aoe coverage, and single target. TS's aoe coverage is so massive, I find chain/fork to be just mega overkill. Pierce is more valuable. But even it, is just ok. as much or as little as you wish. +3-+5 proj, you'll probably want peirce as packs with lots of small things won't all die with 1 shot. +10+11 proj, everything dies.
Where else can you get proj besides gmp? I thought Deaths Harp wasn't used anymore.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
A++ post, I think I'm going to try focusing on labs, I really enjoyed them, but I also really want to try out maps.

You might already have this but just in case its the PoE Lab Layout site - Home

They update it pretty quickly after the reset, its the best.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You might already have this but just in case its the PoE Lab Layout site - Home

They update it pretty quickly after the reset, its the best.
I haven't seen that, very cool! I didn't know the labs were statically defined every day.

Caliane

Where else can you get proj besides gmp? I thought Deaths Harp wasn't used anymore.
dying sun, gmp, lmp,(I am not suggesting using both) deaths opus, reach of the council, quiver corruption. deadeye, and ascendant.

lab enchant is secondary as noted. but it is effectively doing the same thing
Additional projectiles does increase TS spread. The more you have, the wider it gets, and the less likely a single target does actually get hit by every projectile, as there are gaps in the 360 degree nova of the secondary shots. larger hit boxes help of course. and so does the lab enchant. The lab enchant does so by filling in those gaps, thus increasing single target dps, as well as aoe coverage.

(deadeye/assassin ascendant.... is.. kindof solid looking for TS. A quick look, neversink is suggesting elementalist as well. 50% elem reflect reduc, 6% elem pen.2 golems. hes not wrong. also solid for elemental ts.)

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm extremely underwhelmed by the expansion. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but I'm not even at maps yet and it is a chore to log myself in and play.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What are some good, non-obvious tips for generating wealth for someone who is just going to be able to play casually?

Obviously kill speed is king and creation of good maps is important, but is there some technique used to get better drops other than that?

Yeah I'm a little apprehensive about selling, because it seemed like everyone I bought from was just sitting around their home-base waiting for people to pop in to wordlessly buy their shit. I'm hoping I can offload my goods quickly or find a way to sell without interrupting actually playing the game.

I feel like there should be guys who cater to lazy people like me and just buy items at bulk at a huge discount. I'd take a 20% cut from my goods if it meant I didn't have to stop killing. But I'm just a noob so it's probably easier than I think, like buying gear was.

Korrupt Korrupt covered a lot of things but and you already mentioned speed, but figuring out what to pick up and proper pricing (takes forever to really learn pricing i'm still doing it) is the key to speed and making money.

For example, I always hover around 20 portal scrolls, which means i've formed the habbit of picking up like every 5th one that drops. If you run out that's obviously a problem, but if you have 200 in your stash then that just represents time you could have been killing shit.

Also figuring out what to pick up. We're in a heavy life meta. Melee is focused on axe and rapier so those are all I pick up for melee weapons. I always pick up most wands / daggers cause they can be nuts and are always used. This season i've dropped picking up boots (kaoms roots fucks the boot market this season) and instead pick up non-ES gloves and helmets. Last season I picked up almost all flat ES shit in hopes for a crazy roll, this season I pick up zero ES stuff.

As far as selling, you're goign to have to find some guides. high liferolls plus 60+ total resists on jewlry / belts does good. Once you get into the tripple digit lifes plus triple digit resists combo on an item were talking lots of worth. There are all sorts of other things / combos with jewlry that you wouldn't really expect is good but is due to meta builds, and it changes as the weeks go on.

Also, you can just choose to sell items you deem are worth 10 chaos or more. My sell lower cap is around 5c or it's not worth time time popping out of a map to sell (although buyer always goes to seller so it really doesn't take long).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Korrupt Korrupt covered a lot of things but and you already mentioned speed, but figuring out what to pick up and proper pricing (takes forever to really learn pricing i'm still doing it) is the key to speed and making money.

For example, I always hover around 20 portal scrolls, which means i've formed the habbit of picking up like every 5th one that drops. If you run out that's obviously a problem, but if you have 200 in your stash then that just represents time you could have been killing shit.

Also figuring out what to pick up. We're in a heavy life meta. Melee is focused on axe and rapier so those are all I pick up for melee weapons. I always pick up most wands / daggers cause they can be nuts and are always used. This season i've dropped picking up boots (kaoms roots fucks the boot market this season) and instead pick up non-ES gloves and helmets. Last season I picked up almost all flat ES shit in hopes for a crazy roll, this season I pick up zero ES stuff.

As far as selling, you're goign to have to find some guides. high liferolls plus 60+ total resists on jewlry / belts does good. Once you get into the tripple digit lifes plus triple digit resists combo on an item were talking lots of worth. There are all sorts of other things / combos with jewlry that you wouldn't really expect is good but is due to meta builds, and it changes as the weeks go on.

Also, you can just choose to sell items you deem are worth 10 chaos or more. My sell lower cap is around 5c or it's not worth time time popping out of a map to sell (although buyer always goes to seller so it really doesn't take long).
Good info, I haven't picked up rares of items I wouldn't use in a while. Knowing that axe/rapier/wands/daggers are worth picking up saves me a lot of time.

I'll have to study a list of base items too, to see which ones are most valuable. Would you say it's true that high ilvl base item rares should be picked up even if they have bad links/sockets?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Would you say it's true that high ilvl base item rares should be picked up even if they have bad links/sockets?

ya don't worry about sockets / links when making a gameplan of what to pick up. obviously if something is 5+ linked or 6 socket u wanna pick it up. And just incase you missed it an item with 3 diff colors that are linked sells for a chromatic, and a 6 socket sells for 7 jews.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone need yellow or some red maps to get going? I'm already into strands / shores until 100 so I have a ton of yellow and a good amount of red maps I can help people with. Totally free if anyone wants some to get going just hit me up in game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
a 6 socket sells for 7 jews.

FUCK I didn't know about the 6 sockets. I did know about the 3 link chromatics. Do you guys still pick those up? Feels like sometimes that's the only thing I haul back besides currency.

I feel like there's probably a lot of stuff I don't know about non-obvious things I can liquidate that I leave on the ground. I have a cache of all the jewels I've ever gotten because I'm afraid I can do something with them I don't know about.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

FUCK I didn't know about the 6 sockets. I did know about the 3 link chromatics. Do you guys still pick those up? Feels like sometimes that's the only thing I haul back besides currency.

I feel like there's probably a lot of stuff I don't know about non-obvious things I can liquidate that I leave on the ground. I have a cache of all the jewels I've ever gotten because I'm afraid I can do something with them I don't know about.

I pick em up if it's a 4 square size (helmets / boots / gloves), not if it's 6-8 square unless i'm towards end of map and have barely anythign in inventory. Goal is to always make it through a map with a somewhat full inventory but w/o ever TPing back mid map to sell.

Jewels are good to roll, use alterations / augments until you get a synergized combo then slam a regal down and hope for 3rd synergy. If you get 2 synergies and % life it will sell for good money.

Intropy

Shit Gamer

Are you using a loot filter? Its a major help when you are first starting out to give you a little guidance about what to pick up.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Super newb question, is there a way to "target" a unique item at lower levels? I just hit 16/17 and want Facebreakers but don't even have 1c and I assume that any Facebreakers I could buy would be much higher level anyway. I just wanna see if I enjoy it before I grind out the rest of the levels on this char or hop to another build.