Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Likely not, but if it ends being so, use a divine orb. Not like you're selling those or using them for anything else.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So yeah, necro is OP as shit. Cant believe just how powerful necros are with minimal investment. The only thing I really bought was the Vis mortis 6L for like 6ex but probably dont need the extra spectre really unless youre doing shaper or some shit. Rest of the gear I just scrounged from the shit I had and kept. Oh yeah I bought the scourge claw or whatever for like 50c but could do without it too. The fucking spetres are OP as fuck. Im doing t15 casually at lv87 when all my other builds that took 2x-3x the investment struggled with. And my gems are not quality and not even 20 yet. Went into a t15 last night to summon new spectres when I said, fuck it, lets try it. 10 min later zone cleared, boss dead, and my spectres and zombies are over there yawning and shit.

Next league its definitely my starter for sure. SRS and zombies to 60ish or so, then covert to spectres.

View Profile - Path of Exile - mkopec1

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Summmoner has always been strong, like ever since the start of the game in beta. It requires minimal investment and many builds also melt bosses at stupid speeds. It's just most people don't like playing summons, and at the higher end of gear it's slower to clear stuff quite often versus someone just shield charging around with full frenzy charges and one shotting everything anyway, while pet builds always have this delay with your pets lagging behind then moving and attacking and stuff. But it's not like ungodly slow if you have good damage/minion speed but some people don't like it, especially if they're not actively doing something.

And with all the changes to SRS it's also good for lvling nowadays. It used to be pretty slow at lvling since zombies were garbage, spectres did poor damage and SRS required spell echo but nowadays just +1fire SRS with faster casting or minion damage and melee splash clears fast while lvling(and you can get melee splash from the vendor unlike before), you can use the desecrate trick to keep decent spectres while leveling and zombies have been buffed a fair amount so that they don't die as easily.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im sure its the abyss jewels that help too, my buid has like 5-6 abyss jewels that buff minions with leech, health, more dmg, etc..I kind of forgot about those. But yeah, my zombies have like 10K heath and rarely die. Only time they really ever die anymore is when they get whacked by a boss or sometimes they die in the abyss. I dont think I ever had a spectre die yet.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I played SRS in Harbinger and it was decently strong. Bought a HH and went 40/40... but like Pyros said, I couldn't scale my character up to the speed that my buddies reached. Even with hundreds of exalts of investment, I couldn't eliminate the summoning lag -- I'd be summoning while my buddy is a screen ahead 1-shotting the next pack.

Not a good pick for people who are going to play hard enough to scale into the highest DPS tiers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I play alone though and I could give a shit about the latest clear speed meta. But I could see it a problem with SRS and playing with others. With my spectre build, not so much. Those fuckers kill as fast as I can shield charge into the next pack. Maybe not as fast as the latest ziz lightpoacher build, but fast enough for me. This is only my 2nd league though so im still a newb in the overall grand scheme of things. First was legacy, then skipped one and came back for this one.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I play alone though and I could give a shit about the latest clear speed meta. But I could see it a problem with SRS and playing with others. With my spectre build, not so much. Those fuckers kill as fast as I can shield charge into the next pack. Maybe not as fast as the latest ziz lightpoacher build, but fast enough for me. This is only my 2nd league though so im still a newb in the overall grand scheme of things. First was legacy, then skipped one and came back for this one.

Yea, honestly, the problem only comes about when you're wealthy as fuck and want to scale but specifically can't because the biggest slow-down to killing are pet mechanics. If you're not dropping 100+ ex on a character then you're unlikely to really run into the issue.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Messed around with a Skeleton Mage build before I got bored, felt really strong too. Straight spectre is better for bosses but skel mages feel good for clear. A lot less babysitting as well, the jewels are cheap too.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
My first toon (harbinger) I put SRS on a totem with the typical supports.

Was pretty easy going. Never knew the tricks with spec etc to make it to endgame. But did pretty well for something I just kinda made up as I was going along.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Forum - Announcements - Abyss League Statistics - Path of Exile

As we often do, we have compiled a list of stats from the current Abyss leagues. Today we're looking at which areas and classes were played the most. Stats like these help us smooth the difficulty curve of our storyline content as well as provide a clear snapshot of the metagame.

Let's look at which areas, out of all of the locations in Path of Exile, were run the most:

Top Ten Run areas in Abyss League
  • The Twilight Strand
  • The Blood Aqueduct
  • Arid Lake
  • Beach
  • Burial Chambers
  • Vault
  • Strand
  • Desert
  • Abyssal Depths
  • Channel

This is the first time in memory that The Twilight Strand has been the single highest-run area in the game. This is almost certainly due to the introduction of Oni-Goroshi, which requires hundreds of Twilight Strand runs to obtain.

The other interesting appearance on this list is the Abyssal Depths. The appearance of the Abyssal Depths indicates that it is considered a valuable occurrence that players are unlikely to skip, mainly due to the potential for it to contain one of the Lich bosses.

Now let's isolate the list specifically to Maps:

Top Ten Maps
  • Arid Lake
  • Beach
  • Burial Chambers
  • Vault
  • Strand
  • Desert
  • Channel
  • Iceberg
  • Arcade
  • Graveyard

It takes time and effort to reach yellow Maps, and even more to reach red, so it makes sense that the majority of Maps run are white. Vault appearing as the 4th most run map is a clear sign of its relative popularity (and therefore value).

Top Five White Maps
  • Arid Lake
  • Beach
  • Burial Chambers
  • Strand
  • Desert

It comes as no surprise that maps with a fairly simple layout and boss are popular. It's also encouraging to see that, though there is a slight skew in terms of popularity of the northeastern quadrant of the Atlas, it is not entirely dominant. This skew is probably at least in part due to the name recognition of Beach as a solid starter map.

Top Five Yellow Maps
  • Vault
  • Atoll
  • Dunes
  • Shore
  • Jungle Valley

Vault of course takes the top spot of the yellow-tier maps. Like the white maps, we see a lot of familiar names and layouts that have proven to be popular in past leagues. Divination cards are likely the main driving force behind the popularity of Vaults, while many of the other Map choices are due to layout.

Top Five Red Maps
  • Spider Forest
  • Waterways
  • Racecourse
  • Coves
  • Torture Chamber

The important takeaway from this extended tier-divided popularity list is the total absence of maps introduced in War for the Atlas. This may be due to the familiarity of the other maps allowing for lower risk.

Class Breakdown
Abyss League (70+)
Slayer 14.98%
Raider 12.99%
Inquisitor 11.87%
Necromancer 10.27%
Berserker 7.27%
Ascendant 6.59%
Gladiator 5.38%
Trickster 4.48%
Pathfinder 4.41%
Juggernaut 4.32%
Saboteur 2.94%
Assassin 2.65%
Guardian 2.07%
Champion 1.57%
Elementalist 1.55%
Chieftain 1.48%
Occultist 1.48%
Deadeye 1.33%
Hierophant 1.19%
Duelist 0.39%
Ranger 0.20%
Marauder 0.18%
Witch 0.15%
Templar 0.14%
Shadow 0.08%
Scion 0.03%

Like in The Fall of Oriath, we see Life Leech playing a dominant factor in player Ascendancy choice, though the division is not as wide as it was in the previous league. The changes made to Vaal Pact has heavily impacted the Berserker's popularity.

Class Breakdown
Hardcore Abyss (70+)
Necromancer 13.36%
Slayer 13.03%
Inquisitor 12.50%
Juggernaut 7.60%
Gladiator 6.95%
Raider 6.63%
Berserker 6.58%
Ascendant 5.95%
Trickster 4.89%
Guardian 3.64%
Chieftain 3.40%
Saboteur 2.90%
Pathfinder 2.66%
Champion 2.59%
Hierophant 1.94%
Occultist 1.83%
Assassin 1.33%
Elementalist 1.21%
Deadeye 0.64%
Templar 0.08%
Witch 0.07%
Marauder 0.06%
Duelist 0.06%
Scion 0.03%
Shadow 0.02%
Ranger 0.01%

The Necromancer's powerful defensive options continue to shine in Hardcore. The Inquisitor has seen a sharp rise in popularity across both Hardcore and Standard Abyss variants -- this is likely in part due to the power of some of the new support gems (in particular Ancestral Call) as well as the strength of Elemental damage on Abyss jewels, and changes made to Reflect mechanics.

We're broadly happy with the closer gap between class choices at high levels, though it is clear there is still plenty of room for improvement.

That's it for this stats round-up! Posted by Natalia_GGG

• 1Like

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I got 36/40 for this league and I'm pretty much done. I don't feel like pushing for 40 like last league but I had a decent amount of fun. For me, Abyss was a 7/10. Those persistent zits that were left behind spewing shit on me were really annoying and the Liches were just insanely rare. I think I liked Harbinger more but Breach still best league. I felt like I played way too many totem builds this time around too but that's on me.

I'm excited for the Ascendancy re-balance in 3.2 but I do hope they dig out at least some of the many skills that are in the dumpster.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm sitting at 34/40, will probably get my last 2 achievements this week then take a break/fuck around in standard. The re-balanced ascendancies is definitely what I look forward to as well; I'm pretty bored of slayer/raider/inquisitor. I also hope they aren't trying to do more breach type leagues; if anything, just do breach again :p Or Legacy, that one was my fave I think. Nothing like breach/beyond/nemesis forever!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"Can have multiple Crafted Mods" means you can put as many crafted mods on the items, as long as it has affix space? Or just 2(on top of the T8 Elreon)?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If you put it on an item and craft every other mod off the item with annuls or meta crafting stuff then you can put 5 mods on it (or I guess if you get the one from div card with that mod on it).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Celestial rf looks pretty good, might have my league starter next league. Shaper scorching ray would have paired so we'll.

Anyone know of a rf build that has good on kill effects? Biggest downside to rf is the playstyle is boring. Something like shatters would help a lot.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Celestial rf looks pretty good, might have my league starter next league. Shaper scorching ray would have paired so we'll.

Anyone know of a rf build that has good on kill effects? Biggest downside to rf is the playstyle is boring. Something like shatters would help a lot.

RF cant apply status effects as it doesnt technically deal damage, it just applies a DoT. You could try the Occultist RF that the SSFHC guy does every league, it blows up 20% of enemies who are cursed when they die. Thats highly dependant on Occultists ES regen though and we dont know how thats going to change with Ascendancies.

Other than that youd have to get real creative, something like reflecting shocks with Inpulsas on to blow up bodies.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
What the hell? Please, share with me whatever it is you are smoking. Harbinger was an absolute piece of garbage. Abyss has been a fantastic league.
Beachead was easy grind, once the rewards got buffed they became quite profitable and you had easier time advancing your atlas due to the new orbs. I wish they brought those back :(