Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Working up from t5 maps barely giving xp in ssfhc...

Pulling the plug at 90, this is gross

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Deathwing Deathwing

Is sextant blocking not in game anymore? I am trying to refamiliarize myself with it, and it wont let me put more than 1 sextant on the map at all.

Nm, looks like its roadblocked by a fucking achievement, was it this way 2 years ago? Dont remember there being a barrier to entry on using sextants.
It is not in the game anymore. Sextant limit on the atlas pretty much prevents you from being able block effectively. Just roll over bad ones if you really want to.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leveled up a scion to test out the differences between Assassin and Ascendant CoC. I find myself missing the consistency of Assassin's 100% more crit chance on full life. Is there a point at which Ascendant becomes consistent enough that the "spin over pack and nothing happens" essentially stops? I don't really like cyclone but I'll admit it's better for clearing than blade flurry, but only if it can be consistent.

Yes, I know you can hold your mouse pointer really close to shorten cyclone's travel time, thus activating it more often and increasing its crit consistency. IDK, I just can't seem to get that playstyle down. It's at odds with movement skills that want your pointer to be far away from your character.

I might have to do a charge -> tap blade flurry for clearing whilst pumping the area on Ice Nova. Aside from the 100% more crit chance, Ascendant seems superior to Assassin, especially since it can pick up Slayer leech. Dry spinning through a boss on Assassin feelsrealbadman.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Cause you like to press more than 2 buttons sometimes! To be honest though if you are still learning the game, a brand build may be good for you to do cause it gives you a lot of breathing space to learn mechanics.

PS Bunny fix your flasks cause it's seriously triggering the shit out of me
PPS Herald of Ice Automaton MTX is the clear superior MTX and I legit just slotted it into my discharge build so it looks prettier
I'm too far into my second character now to feel like starting over for a 3rd, but this gives me something to look forward to playing next league. My first *should* have been this Jugg, but I didn't know enough and stalling out at 87 with my first character isn't too bad I guess. I'll stick with the jugg because it really does make a lot of things easier, it just takes way, way longer to do them sometimes. I've already hit a few spots where my dps was lacking, so maybe I'll change my tune further on, but the whole "not dying" thing is really nice so far.

Also, you guys are high. The celestial herald MTX is by FAR the best! It looks fucking amazing, as opposed to just a massive wall of bubbling blue or red shit like in AladainAF's videos.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm too far into my second character now to feel like starting over for a 3rd, but this gives me something to look forward to playing next league. My first *should* have been this Jugg, but I didn't know enough and stalling out at 87 with my first character isn't too bad I guess. I'll stick with the jugg because it really does make a lot of things easier, it just takes way, way longer to do them sometimes. I've already hit a few spots where my dps was lacking, so maybe I'll change my tune further on, but the whole "not dying" thing is really nice so far.

Also, you guys are high. The celestial herald MTX is by FAR the best! It looks fucking amazing, as opposed to just a massive wall of bubbling blue or red shit like in AladainAF's videos.
No, the correct answer is both. You play your celestial herald with your celestial armor set and your automaton herald with something else. I've found it matches the new Pitfighter armor set quite well. Last year's Redeemer was good too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not only that, Celestial works with Herald of Agony (and Purity) and that puts it even further ahead as best herald mtx.

Apparently the Blood Guard and Faith Guard ones do as well, but I can't find a video/picture of what they look like anywhere. GGG didn't bother showing them in the preview videos.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love the black herald ones but honestly I turned off most MTX when I would do 98/99, that 1/2 second hitch was deadly in a 200% quant map. The lag the heralds bring needs to be looked at some point.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I have celestial MTX, I just find the dual speed movement of the star background and the game itself to be too hard on my eyes. It's pretty though.

More sex.

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was always wondering how you guys were talking about getting ridiculous xp from breaches, but now I think I get it. Is there a mechanism that keeps it open longer the faster you kill shit? Because that one you open at the beginning of that map stays open like 10 times longer than any of mine ever have. Maybe it is a function of map level or something else, but yeah...next league is for sure going to be something easy to clear with like this, or arc, or whatever. Hell, ziggyd's ice thingy looks way easier than what I do.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I was always wondering how you guys were talking about getting ridiculous xp from breaches, but now I think I get it. Is there a mechanism that keeps it open longer the faster you kill shit? Because that one you open at the beginning of that map stays open like 10 times longer than any of mine ever have. Maybe it is a function of map level or something else, but yeah...next league is for sure going to be something easy to clear with like this, or arc, or whatever. Hell, ziggyd's ice thingy looks way easier than what I do.

That map is a domain of a breachlord. The way those work is you open the breach, and then it covers the whole map over time. You have to keep killing and making sure the clock doesnt hit 0 or it stops expanding. If it makes it to the end, you get the boss.

ZiggyD, and most of us vets here, have been playing a really long time. Even the super ez "clear" builds have weaknesses. Notice how I didn't bother killing the boss with the brand character lol. Also the likes of Ziggy know this game a hell of a lot more than me, and proabbly most of us here. I mean, these are the guys that hit level 100 on SSF HC while clearing most content.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This is a domain. When you get 100? shards of whatever, you combine them into a map item that opens a map to the domain, and then you clear that big breach shit until you find the boss. If you kill too slow you'll waste it but it doesn't work like standard breaches which close automatically after a while.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Working up from t5 maps barely giving xp in ssfhc...

Pulling the plug at 90, this is gross
I've found Delving to be the best xp, if you're in a depth that gives xp. Soak it up while you have sulphite to spend.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone use PoEHUD?

Nirgon Nirgon

Come to ez mode regular betrayal with us. Its a fucking riot.

That being said, it looks like snow here this weekend. Going to roll up an aura bot. Its just too good not to test out.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just snuck in a 3rd curse and Aspect of Spider with this ring, up to 4 curses and 4 auras as Occultist and in a DPS build.

1547216823037.png

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All that screenshot does is make me realize I suck at making currency.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users