Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The alternative would be to make things like veiled items a default random drop from normal monsters and a guaranteed drop from syndicates.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Tight

I didn't find the syndicate shit to be entertaining at all, the hideouts were cool but everything else was just more annoying than anything lol

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Breachstones gonna get nuked 100% in some fashion. Crazy that there is almost more level 100s in this league than the total of all other leagues combined.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't participate in any pure breachstones rotations, didn't even run one solo. But, I also don't care that it exists. End game grind is still quite grindy without level 100 being as ridiculous as it was. Those last ~5 passive points used to have this nebulous cost to them that put off most people from getting it. Now that it has a cost(~40ex), I still don't care, not worth it.

Maybe there's a larger picture to consider, artificial scarcity is good for the game, blah blah blah. That a bunch of try-hards are buttmad about it, the same try-hards that are usually playing the economy and making items more expensive for people that just want to kill shit, kinda makes me want them to keep the stones around.

But, we know Chris' stance on this kind of stuff. That they haven't been hotfixed is surprising enough.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think they probably didn't hotfix because then you'd create the backlash of those who exploited it in time versus those who didn't get the chance. Plus GGG has always stated leagues are also ways to test things before they go core.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm not sure why the breachstones matter at all. If a bunch of people wanna turn their EX in to levels who cares? The grind beginning at like level 93-94 is such that I have 0 interest in it and all my builds basically consider that their final passive point - anything else is just gravy.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I like the pure breachstones. I don't think they affect hardcore racers that much because the stones are fairly rare during the first week of a league. They give casuals a chance to get 100 but they probably will be nerfed in terms of rarity when syndicates get changed.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't mind the breachstones staying that much - It's not like all the folks that are getting to 100 are doing 40/40 or anything. The scarabs have been great for the economy as everyone has access to lots of stuff via them to trade and tradings been manic this league.

That said, the 100 grind and death penalty seems to be GGG's thing, so i think they'll be nerfed heavily.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Apparently I just fucked myself out of a couple Ex. Got a Watcher's Eye to drop off Red Elder with 1.6% Critical Strike when using Hatred or whatever. The other mod was freeze immunity or chill immunity under Purity of Ice....Put it up for 110c and got hit fast. Looked again and most are 3 mods selling for 8+Ex. Could have at least gotten 2Ex probably.

Sooo..yeah...always do a tiny bit more homework. I don't really care. Leagues is near done and i've killed most everything but Uber Elder.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tight

I didn't find the syndicate shit to be entertaining at all, the hideouts were cool but everything else was just more annoying than anything lol

Same for the most part. When I'm mapping I really don't want to stop and decide what to do with each member. I just want to get it done and go.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can’t you just flare delve at lvl 83 to farm xp safely anyways? Obviously it’s not as fast as pure breachetones but I mean if you want to do 95-100 for cheap I can’t think of anything cheaper

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yea I'm not sure why the breachstones matter at all. If a bunch of people wanna turn their EX in to levels who cares? The grind beginning at like level 93-94 is such that I have 0 interest in it and all my builds basically consider that their final passive point - anything else is just gravy.

It matters because the people that consistently get level 100 are bitter that others can now buy their way to 100. They want it to be this extremely time consuming, mindless grind as opposed to the breachstone way which is a little bit time consuming, mindless grind. I mean 99 alone, with breachstones, is still 80-120 stones, depending on the stone used. It's not like its this 5 minute deal. Don't mean to sound rude about it, but one of the few things I dislike about PoE is the unbelievable amount of people in this game that equate time with difficulty. Running poorjoys over and over is no fucking different than running breachstones over and over. If you're going to remove breachstones, then let's remove all other methods and make people run elder sewer or something over and over. It's fucking dumb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Apparently I just fucked myself out of a couple Ex. Got a Watcher's Eye to drop off Red Elder with 1.6% Critical Strike when using Hatred or whatever. The other mod was freeze immunity or chill immunity under Purity of Ice....Put it up for 110c and got hit fast. Looked again and most are 3 mods selling for 8+Ex. Could have at least gotten 2Ex probably.

Sooo..yeah...always do a tiny bit more homework. I don't really care. Leagues is near done and i've killed most everything but Uber Elder.

I thought only Uber Elder could drop 3 mod watchers eyes?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
For the deeper Delves i started to use Herald of Purity and it's been pretty great, those little monsters are agro magnets and can tank the mobs while i'm running about. My golems useless though, there's virtually no point in me casting it as the first mob it attacks it's dead on the deck.