Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I played an ED Trickster before. I was going to look at it and see how it ended up. Guess I deleted it, tho I can't imagine why. Gone.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So with the curse changes occultist is sounding pretty good, but I've never really done anything with multi-curse setups before. Do you actually self cast a bunch of them at that point, or dump them all in a CWDT or what?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So with the curse changes occultist is sounding pretty good, but I've never really done anything with multi-curse setups before. Do you actually self cast a bunch of them at that point, or dump them all in a CWDT or what?

Normally no one self casts them, as an Occultist or low life character youll be running them on blasphemy support + an aspect like AoSpider. I ran 3 curses and the Aspect last seasons for a total of 4 debuffs, the +effect -mana res nodes on the tree for auras are very strong.

I played an ED Trickster before. I was going to look at it and see how it ended up. Guess I deleted it, tho I can't imagine why. Gone.

I can link you one if you want, im 100% going to start with ED for single target and Soulrend for AoE. The Swift Killer change is so good making it so you can keep charges up with wither or blight EZ. Was also giving strong thoughts to running Ele Hit on a raider to do something different.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Curse on Hit or you use the new Bane skill to apply them all AND do good damage at the same time, which is probably the best bet. Alternatively you run them as Blasphemy in a low life setup.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just note that the defensive curses have been nerfed, so it's not all roses for curses this patch.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve been back and forth on vortex and soulrend/bane all fucking day. I don’t get ED for ST over bane with one curse + supports. Am I missing something? Was gonna 4L soulrend and try to find a good pseudo 5l. 6l bane.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been back and forth on vortex and soulrend/bane all fucking day. I don’t get ED for ST over bane with one curse + supports. Am I missing something? Was gonna 4L soulrend and try to find a good pseudo 5l. 6l bane.
At a certain level of gear, you *shouldn't* need a 6L to clear with Bane. With three curses and some meager skill effect duration, it will last for ~5s. 5s of 100k(this is way underestimating too) dps should be enough to kill any pack, just gotta apply and move on, trusting they will die. Maybe zap the fatty/rare with a soulrend.

Also, weapons get some nice gem level affixes. But how to utilize this? 1H weapons mean you aren't going to stick either skill in there, too low dps for soulrend, lose a curse for bane. Staff or bow it is, which means you can have a 6L for both skills! I do really wish there were some shaper/elder items that had dot-centric gem support affixes.

I was considering vortex/cold snap too. Especially after I remember I gave it a try this patch and didn't like it. Two key differences. Vortex and cold snap both have cooldowns and can't be spammed like soulrend can. You can bypass cold snap's CD, but good luck on bosses. I really hate that feeling of "nothing to do", but maybe you like it. The other difference is that vortex is melee range, bane and soulrend aren't. I died a few times trying to manoeuver that perfect vortex.

Last edited:

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you were considering occultist I recommend Vortex/Coldsnap. I ripped on SSFBetrayal arc miner and remade a witch as she is my personal favorite flavor. Went vortex for the sole reason that I like the MTX for it, haha.

in 20 hours played, totally solo self found, I was WALKING through the atlas and nothing even remotely slowed the character down. On a 4 link I would go through a kitava act 10 phase, uber lab izaro or normal Atziri in a few casts. SHIT gear as CI dual curse occultist, like a 550 ES chest 5link. Swapped to CI in high 70s once I knew I could hit 7500+ ES, which is the lowest I've ever done on a HC character.

My highest maps were only tier 10 or normal Atziri on SSF, so I ripped the character to standard to see just how far it could go without gear upgrades. Went directly into a tier 16 map, alched and chaosed to the rippiest mods I could think of; less regen, neg res, vuln, ele weakness etc. Vortex melted all the packs and rares, was poor/average on mino and hydra. Faster regen nodes + ring craft made phoenix and chimera trivial.

With 200 more flat ES on gear I would have been happier, so I could have hit 8500 to prevent near-one shots, but up to t16 deathless with lvl 18 vortex, no quality on any gems.

here is an endgame version of the build, look at wagglePEPESILVIA

View Profile - Path of Exile - Dsfarblarwaggle

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's been a while since I looked at Whispering Ice, but doesn't the spell itself also gain flat damage per int? Not sure if you accounted for that.

Nope the staff just gives you level 1 ice storm, 1% damage per 10 int and a %int increase roll. Is it worth using multiple totem support with wither instead of faster casting?

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I keep coming back to storm brand occultist. Maybe vortex. ED/contagion looks like its ass for bossing.

I played ED/Contagion as one of my first ever builds. It would need an ungodly damage increase to be boss viable at all. I think I never made it past like t8 maps with it.

I'm also doing storm brand again this league.