Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I think trickster has spoiled me for anything caster related now. All that cast speed and you get to be a bit tanky now with the new ghost shroud stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
Every league I play the shit out of this game, then shortly after end game realize that it basically doesn't have a combat system. The entire game is just loldps after a certain point, with the exception of like MS neb jugg. After a certain point it feels like an FPS where either you get a gun or the NPCs do. You don't approach any content or mobs in any way other than to shoot them before they shoot you. Uber elder just doubles down on it and adds side to side movement. I honestly feel like the speed meta really allows them to get away with a lot of really shit encounter design.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Every league I play the shit out of this game, then shortly after end game realize that it basically doesn't have a combat system. The entire game is just loldps after a certain point, with the exception of like MS neb jugg. After a certain point it feels like an FPS where either you get a gun or the NPCs do. You don't approach any content or mobs in any way other than to shoot them before they shoot you. Uber elder just doubles down on it and adds side to side movement. I honestly feel like the speed meta really allows them to get away with a lot of really shit encounter design.
I think it is a mistake to approach PoE this way. Layers of defense are still quite important, otherwise stuff like Delve, Betrayal, and Synthesis bosses will push your shit in.

I'm playing a worb trickster and I'm heavily considering buying a ES on hit watcher's eye. Sustain in situation like above(and some others, like proximity shield clusters), are common enough where I want to bolster sustain rather than ~10% more dps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Winter Orb is probably getting a nerf. For characters 95+, 26% of them are using worb as their main skill. And that was 24% a few days ago. I'm guessing part of that is PS4 release as this skill(and brands) were quite obviously made for consoles. Hopefully they don't knee jerk it into the ground as god damn this has to be my favorite skill.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to be fucking around with my worb guy further. I needed to do some more farming for monies, and managed to get more ex to invest into it. I'm really hoping the cast time gets better, that's where I'm fucked for now, but I'll post a pob later for any pointers once I have everything set.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Energy shield hybrid and CI is so vastly superior to life based builds right now. No wonder melee blows as most builds for don't translate at all well into CI.

Going from an occultist with 11k ES, CI and 84 max resists to a fucking 5k hp bow archer is soul destroying (and the DPS isn't that much better). And you are really limited in how much life you can actually gain it feels like. I mean sure i can craft some 3% 100 life boots but it doesn't really equate to much when i can craft a 400 ex shield in less time and it would probably hit a resist too.

Everything feels a bit out of whack.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, love ES on hit so much that I'm going to pick up a couple life on spell rings. This make darkness delving so much more safer.

I'm only mentioning it because I forgot about it and it seems almost no one playing winter orb is taking advantage of how many hits/s it can generate.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking around complete, I'll have to record an uber elder later. This was kinda lol though.

View Profile - Path of Exile - RexieRabbit

I dont know if you want any backseat sugestions but here are mine anyway. I mean you're already beating shaper so its not like it matters much.

You could easily and should definetly imo change that 2nd quicksilver for a dying sun.

For your tree. These health nodes seem unnecessary as a low life build.

You specced some life nodes in the shadow start that you definetly can get out of.
I question whether or not the flat hybrid nodes are actually worth while as a ES build.
I also question the life/mana nodes near witch, would path around them thru the AOE cluster and down the crit that you already got on the other side

Otherwise im a fan of the low life build and did consider going that path but i wanted the bottom duration cluster and to me it seemed like you'd have to take too many, for this build, useless life nodes then.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems the game has essentially power crept past LL. The quick mockup I did a LL WOrb Trickster has ~16% more dps but only ~7k ES and a bit lower sustain. The hybrid version pushes over 9k combined life and ES will still having over 3M shaper dps and a temporal chains while mapping.

What's a reasonable level that LL can push? Sacrificing the chest and amulet slot seems punishing

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theres certainly some challenges for LL. I did see someone play it with Coward's legacy and Atziri's reflection...Can skip actually having low life and shavs then which seems nice.

I went with ass mark on hit over blasphemy temp chains, just instinctivly didn't actually calculate it untill now. It's like a 10% on shaper and 25%Ish normally dps increase, also some mana on no regen maps which i think is better than temp chains but maybe its not. I tried 3 times at the altar to corrupt solstice vigil for the +1 curse, 1 time it poofed and 2 times it turned into a shaped rare amulet. I mean its a ridiculus longshot but at this point thats probably the biggest upgrade i could get. Alltough i haven't played more than 30 minutes since i got my 36 challenges complete.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How much did those weapons cost you? Just the base item, not the multimod crafting.

10ex each. That's where most my money went. (Can you believe someone sold those boots for 4ex?)

I dont know if you want any backseat sugestions but here are mine anyway. I mean you're already beating shaper so its not like it matters much.

You could easily and should definetly imo change that 2nd quicksilver for a dying sun.

Good idea on the dying sun! I don't mind any backseat suggestions.

For your tree. These health nodes seem unnecessary as a low life build.

You specced some life nodes in the shadow start that you definetly can get out of.
I question whether or not the flat hybrid nodes are actually worth while as a ES build.
I also question the life/mana nodes near witch, would path around them thru the AOE cluster and down the crit that you already got on the other side

I need to spec out of those, I must have missed them as I thought I shouldn't any any life nodes. I plan to move to the right of foresight and get Harrier then the gem in the middle connecting the left and right, then getting rid of the middle notes with that life so I think those are the ones you're talking about as I needed them during level up time.

Edit: Updated. Not sure how I missed those, but made the connector and ditched the hybrid nodes too.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
10ex each. That's where most my money went. (Can you believe someone sold those boots for 4ex?)

Good idea on the dying sun! I don't mind any backseat suggestions.

I need to spec out of those, I must have missed them as I thought I shouldn't any any life nodes. I plan to move to the right of foresight and get Harrier then the gem in the middle connecting the left and right, then getting rid of the middle notes with that life so I think those are the ones you're talking about as I needed them during level up time.

Edit: Updated. Not sure how I missed those, but made the connector and ditched the hybrid nodes too.
I was thinking of making some of those weapons myself...nevermind!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

I can't say if i got exactly what you mean but thats ok..Talking about the poe passive tree is just impossible, explaining can be misunderstood and naming notables requires opening pob or something. Just for the record i was talking about the notables (+their small connected nodes) "Blood siphon", "Resourcefullness" and "Heart and soul".

I was gonna reccomend unnatural instinct since I've had quite the urge to play with unnatural instinct in that jewel socket near harrier after i played scion last league. But i double checked and it seems its not really that big a deal whitout the easy might of the meeks that scion start provides.

3 points with unnatural instinct for net:

9% cast speed
9% movespeed
26% increased spell damage
45% crit multi
negative 5 dex/int
8% life +10 life on kill

3 points for some other double crit multi, cast speed and damage jewel can give like

30 crit multi (jewel)
9% cast speed (jewel + harrier)
5% movement speed (harrier)
26% damage (jewel + 2 points going to jewel)

Anyway, i'm glad you were open to suggestions.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I can't say if i got exactly what you mean but thats ok..Talking about the poe passive tree is just impossible, explaining can be misunderstood and naming notables requires opening pob or something. Just for the record i was talking about the notables (+their small connected nodes) "Blood siphon", "Resourcefullness" and "Heart and soul".

I was gonna reccomend unnatural instinct since I've had quite the urge to play with unnatural instinct in that jewel socket near harrier after i played scion last league. But i double checked and it seems its not really that big a deal whitout the easy might of the meeks that scion start provides.

3 points with unnatural instinct for net:

9% cast speed
9% movespeed
26% increased spell damage
45% crit multi
negative 5 dex/int
8% life +10 life on kill

3 points for some other double crit multi, cast speed and damage jewel can give like

30 crit multi (jewel)
9% cast speed (jewel + harrier)
5% movement speed (harrier)
26% damage (jewel + 2 points going to jewel)

Anyway, i'm glad you were open to suggestions.

I assumed you were opening pob hahah. But yes, the nodes I ditched were the ones you mentioned. As well as one other life node I had. I then connected it through the bottom, and not the top (where heart and soul is).

Anyway, my profile should have updated by now I hope. You can see the changes that I made, and I really appreciate the suggestions. I want to get unnatural instinct, but I'll need to farm again for it. It's expensive! :). But I already have a space for it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I assumed you were opening pob hahah. But yes, the nodes I ditched were the ones you mentioned. As well as one other life node I had. I then connected it through the bottom, and not the top (where heart and soul is).

Anyway, my profile should have updated by now I hope. You can see the changes that I made, and I really appreciate the suggestions. I want to get unnatural instinct, but I'll need to farm again for it. It's expensive! :). But I already have a space for it.

Yes i can see :emoji_thumbsup:... Hehe i wouldn't even mention unnatural instinct if you didnt have headhunters and all that other expensive stuff already.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I've been playing Storm Brand and Winter Orb a lot, obviously Winter Orb a lot more last few days. Both characters are very well geared, though SB has better skill gems (almost all 21/20s) while Winter Orb just has a few 21/20s (mainly Winter Orb itself).

Here's kinda my assessment between the two.

Map Clearing: Storm Brand just melts everything and with HH run speed and moving around everywhere, nothing lives, at all.. so long as its not TOO far from you (SB clears 80% of the screen at least, sometimes more). Everything just insta dies, including rares. Without HH, it would still be fine, and totally playable, just more limited to run speed. However, playing storm brand in my case, and not being very good at "navigating" a map, causes me to miss a lot of monsters, even though it more or less clears a full screen, there are many areas I have to run back to clear. For some reason I'm not totally sure of right now, Winter Orb does not have this problem. Perhaps, Winter Orb has a larger range and is able to kill off areas off screen that I miss naturally. I find myself at 0 monsters remaining much more with Winter Orb than Storm Brand. Storm Brand requires much less stopping to charge up brands, especially with a level 15 brand recall. If recall isn't up, you still need to cast a SB on a pack, but this requires a split second to do, in fact you barely even notice it (It's much less time than a WO charge). Winter Orb requires a lot more stopping to charge up, even if this stop is just 1 second time, it seems like you are very often stopping to recharge. I find this a bit annoying, however, given the ridiculous power of the skill, it's a sacrifice that they have to put in otherwise it would be insta-gib everything. At the end of the day, it will come down to whether or not you're good at navigating a map to ensure you go everywhere to clear everything. If you're really good at navigating things, I think storm brand is better, but for a more dumbed down way to play, and an extremely forgiving build, Winter Orb is the winner here. My personal preference is difficult, but I am leaning a little more toward Winter Orb than SB for next league to experience it from the start. I'm surprised that its been nerfed once already, it must have been STUPID last league.

Bosses: The winner here isn't even close, it's Winter Orb. Winter Orb absolutely obliterates bosses in lol worthy fashion. It's pretty astounding that even without RF up and probably at 30-40% the total potential for this build, shaper can die that fast. Some other bosses, like the beach boss in an elder map, will die as I'm still running to him. Winter Orb is an exceptionally powerful single target skill.

Overall: I do think Winter Orb gets the prize here. I still love to play Storm Brand and I think its a solid skill and solid build, but the lack of single target storm brand damage and the absurd amount of Winter Orb single target damage makes the overalll experience of Winter Orb quite satisfying. Just be aware that to do it "right" and to truly obliterate everything, you'll want to invest a good solid 30-40ex into the build (not counting HH). You can get by with much much less (Winter Orb is super powerful even with just 1-2ex of gear) but we're taking balls out here.

Thanks Deathwing Deathwing for the convincing in guild chat, and I think I'll actually be able to go for 36/40 with this build.