Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m back to wanting to try this chieftain burning arrow ballista build I’ve been cooking up. But I also don’t want to compete with all the bow people for gear. Gonna get pricey!

Probably minions or vortex for my starter then. :/ boring.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well I have never done a caster build. It has always been either Totems (my usual) or melee. So think I will try the storm burst trickster. It looks crazy with how good some of the rare wands will be before I can pick up the build uniques. (proly a bit expensive but hey.. got 3 months I guess)

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So since they buffed arc, i figured, going arc to start and then going divine ire to handle bosses after a while cause it's a boss league would be a decent idea. I'm glad i thought to try it out first. Respecced my hiero to Divine ire inquisitor. Would say my gear on this test character was reasonable good, 8k+ life with MoM, lots of phys to lightning and ele as chaos etc stuff thats getting nerfed so by next league standards i imagine it would be hard to get much better dps numbers with this skill (its not starter gear thats for sure).

In practice it felt very weak to me. Was not a good boss skill like i imagined (and they're buffing bosses, yikes.)
Tried chimera and phoenix and it's so clunky/impossible maximizing the beam (maybe can get better with practice) the dps is just not there if you also want to survive. Even the adds on the chimera fight are so fast they can jump me or rush me before i can get a handle on it and kill me (cause whitout any mob nearby to boost the charge rate it takes ages to get 20 stacks, and the goats can jump you from outside of range, and only the beam can handle them fast enough, if you get surrounded the small sparks when charging are too weak to handle the ones behind etc etc).

Therefore, even though its probably slow i might just start with BA/EA chieftan cause it's what got me the most excited from all their teasing anyway and having like 10% regen sounds fun, i loved the pre-nerf slayer life leech on my old ascendant. Also considering toxic rain mines sabo but only cause i suspect its a stronger starter.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think I'll be going golementalist, but I'll level with EA probably and farm some cards with it, since straight golem would be cancer. Probably switch early if I can buy the golem neck or something.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Might do Dans Vortex on a trickster or Burning arrow, for sure one of those 2 now that patch notes are out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The new explosive arrow seems really overpowered for bosses, all the arrows combine for one big ignite and you can be building the next ignite while the previous one burns. Clear speed going to be utter shit though, as you'll have to wait out the explosion to kill one pack and then wait it out again on the stragglers.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I may play an arc totem if I get unlazy and find a build. I played on before and it worked out well. Only league I stuck with it long enough to kill Shaper.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
357 shaper sets done, no hideout, not counting the 100 during blight league, or the probably 200 more since 3.6. I'm just not gonna get it.

Gay.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did ignite stop being total shit at some point? Last time I looked at it/heard about it wasn't that long ago and it was absolute trash...

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Probably not, the ignite is limited to 5 stacks, with totems you'll lose tons of DPS by going over it.
I tried. It sucks. That very reason. EA isn’t bad. Terrible clear it seems.

Now straight up burning arrow chieftain May be fine or great even. Working on that now. I like totem builds so trying to build a fire ballista build ended up putting me right back on Ele hit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I tried. It sucks. That very reason. EA isn’t bad. Terrible clear it seems.

Now straight up burning arrow chieftain May be fine or great even. Working on that now. I like totem builds so trying to build a fire ballista build ended up putting me right back on Ele hit.
I think you're confusing EA with BA, the new EA seems like it would be great with totems because new arrow hits don't refresh the bomb timer and it combines all arrow hits into 1 big ignite, so all totems can contribute. BA is shit with totems because the new ignite has 5 stacks max regardless of whether those stacks come from 1 player shooting arrows or 4 totems.