Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also, I’m just fucking tired of gray maps. It makes the content even more boring after a while. I contemplated just skipping. But now if the second delirium loot thingy is shitty, I just turn it off. Probably missing out on splinters but god. It sucks. And you still can’t see shit.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like the concept of adding pack density, but the constant gray map is shitty. Give the character some weird gray cloud around his head to simulate tripping balls/delirius and then have mobs pop out of nowhere, ala beyond'ers.

I like the concept of cluster jewels and not having a huge ass tree of skills, so I hope those become a part of the game even if its only one allowed notable of each kind.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wouldn't mind someone taking a look at this. It's as budget a Herald stacker as I could make. Obviously, some things(the large and medium cluster jewels) are still going to be pricey. And I guess a 6L Saqawal's Nest, but whatever. The only other pricey thing is Maligaro's Virtuosity but I'm in no way tied to that. Stampede boots is optional but the extra anoint was quite enticing.

I liked the idea of Power Siphon because it clears and bosses quite well with just a single swap. I'm open to other suggestions in this area.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Is this real? What am I looking at?

84398F1A-18BC-42C4-BF44-B554BE20E94B.png

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Sounds about right. Doing simulacrums made me tighten my filter a lot more than usual. Looting on an archmage storm brand character was absolutely horrible. I do wish I had looted all the Perandus coins.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I think the point of the incubator picture is the "INCUBATED" on the right in their inventory which just looks fake, or some kind of mod.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've heard multiple complaints of people not able to keep up with incubators that drop. That picture is not unrealistic.

Argarth

On the verandah
Liking the visuals AND the music in this presentation, a lot. PoE 2 might just get me to jump back in.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Think I'm probably finally about done this league. Not a ton left to do really besides farm for voices at and make a herald build, which sounds entirely uninteresting.

Archmage brands is the best thing you can do this league, probably even better than herald stacking if you account for just raw map clear potential. Heralds might have an edge in pure simulacrum farm, but that'd be about it. 100% going to get nerfed, so discounting that some random thoughts of the like 10 builds I fucked with:

Warcry builds are ridiculous. You can use basically any skill you want to backed up by 4-6 warcry medium jewels and just do omega dps. It's so good I suspect it will eat a nerf along with archmage. Played various versions of it with bladestorm, reave, glacial hammer, and they all hit 10m+ shaper DPS with ease. Bladestorm particularly gets hilarious with a +1 storms enchant cause it starts instantly phasing bosses with them all stacked up.

Toxic rain/caustic arrow was the best league start I've ever run with. Easy story, progression in to maps was smooth on basically 0 gear. Sucks dick for bossing though, especially sirus who never stands still long enough for toxic pods to do their thing. Very good option for next league though if you want to just build early currency. Caustic arrow with arrow nova support was one button screen clears all the way up in to red maps on SSF rare gear.

Bleed bow gladiator was probably the most fun I had this league. Split arrow bleed explosion clear is super strong, and it's all just fire and forget since you're not using crimson dance. Giant single bleeds just take care of everything. Assailum hat with snipe does some pretty dumb shit with puncture in it and a full charge slaps out like 50m damage in a single bleed, which is quite funny on bosses. Not super practical vs Sirus, as if you miss your initial shot as he goes in to phase 3 it can be very hard to hit him again with it. Crafting the bow for it now is kind of annoying after the fossil nerf, so maybe not ideal as a league start.

Block gladiator is still easily the safest and best bossing character. The clear speed is "fine" but nowhere near on the level of something like brands/bows obviously. Absolute free roll for shaper/elder/guardians/sirus though. Only thing that could maybe rival this for bossing would be like agony crawler jugg, but that build is cancer. If you want to just play one character for a long time and scale in to endgame bossing this is probably the choice. It can operate on SSF crap gear, but also has a very high ceiling to scale damage.

Stone golem elementalist was surprisingly strong, and amazingly tanky. You can get up to like ~1800 life regen between golem buffs and life recovery available from items, along with like 30k+ armor, plus you just run around like an idiot mostly while golems do all the work. Minion AI was better than I was expecting having never played minions before, but still annoying sometimes. The minion recall spell helps a lot, but the cooldown was just slightly longer than I wanted it to be. I doubt I'd league start this though given the reliance on the primordial jewels, as they are likely hideously expensive for the first couple of weeks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would say the Power Siphon version of herald stacking has comparable clearing to archmage storm brand while being far less squishier.

I agree that herald builds do sound uninteresting at first. When I finally gave in to building one, the fun part of the build planning came from trying to manage item expense, mana reservation, passive skills, and gem slots. It's the same balancing game as any other build except the aspect are quite different. You do have to accept that your "starter" gear is going to cost 10s of exalts, not up to one single exalt.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Warcry builds are ridiculous. You can use basically any skill you want to backed up by 4-6 warcry medium jewels and just do omega dps. It's so good I suspect it will eat a nerf along with archmage. Played various versions of it with bladestorm, reave, glacial hammer, and they all hit 10m+ shaper DPS with ease. Bladestorm particularly gets hilarious with a +1 storms enchant cause it starts instantly phasing bosses with them all stacked up.

Block gladiator is still easily the safest and best bossing character. The clear speed is "fine" but nowhere near on the level of something like brands/bows obviously. Absolute free roll for shaper/elder/guardians/sirus though. Only thing that could maybe rival this for bossing would be like agony crawler jugg, but that build is cancer. If you want to just play one character for a long time and scale in to endgame bossing this is probably the choice. It can operate on SSF crap gear, but also has a very high ceiling to scale damage.

Can you paste the guides or POB on these two? I'm hoping Warcry doesn't get nerfed since it makes melee fun but OH WELL.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Think I'm probably finally about done this league. Not a ton left to do really besides farm for voices at and make a herald build, which sounds entirely uninteresting.

Archmage brands is the best thing you can do this league, probably even better than herald stacking if you account for just raw map clear potential. Heralds might have an edge in pure simulacrum farm, but that'd be about it. 100% going to get nerfed, so discounting that some random thoughts of the like 10 builds I fucked with:

Toxic rain/caustic arrow was the best league start I've ever run with. Easy story, progression in to maps was smooth on basically 0 gear. Sucks dick for bossing though, especially sirus who never stands still long enough for toxic pods to do their thing. Very good option for next league though if you want to just build early currency. Caustic arrow with arrow nova support was one button screen clears all the way up in to red maps on SSF rare gear.

Bleed bow gladiator was probably the most fun I had this league. Split arrow bleed explosion clear is super strong, and it's all just fire and forget since you're not using crimson dance. Giant single bleeds just take care of everything. Assailum hat with snipe does some pretty dumb shit with puncture in it and a full charge slaps out like 50m damage in a single bleed, which is quite funny on bosses. Not super practical vs Sirus, as if you miss your initial shot as he goes in to phase 3 it can be very hard to hit him again with it. Crafting the bow for it now is kind of annoying after the fossil nerf, so maybe not ideal as a league start.

Stone golem elementalist was surprisingly strong, and amazingly tanky. You can get up to like ~1800 life regen between golem buffs and life recovery available from items, along with like 30k+ armor, plus you just run around like an idiot mostly while golems do all the work. Minion AI was better than I was expecting having never played minions before, but still annoying sometimes. The minion recall spell helps a lot, but the cooldown was just slightly longer than I wanted it to be. I doubt I'd league start this though given the reliance on the primordial jewels, as they are likely hideously expensive for the first couple of weeks.

Welp I uninstalled until the next league (I tend to take the Path of Exile least resistance and brainlessly play this even though I am not enjoying it, in lieu of other games) but this is a fantastic post for starting next league.

Block Glad and TR/CA for me next time I think. I am sick to DEATH of Cyclone, and while I was successful with a secondary RF build this time around, I did not even think of the fact that the playstyle is almost identical to cyclone lol. I am a dumbass.

Thanks!!!

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Can you paste the guides or POB on these two? I'm hoping Warcry doesn't get nerfed since it makes melee fun but OH WELL.

Here's my warcry berserker build using flicker but any other skill can be subbed in. 11k ehp, 25% heal every 1.4s, 1200hp/s and leech. With the budget version having 12m AE and 15m ST flask dps and it's using a flask on crit watchers for 5 charges second. The high budget gets to 30m and 34m.

Getting an accuracy roll on a ring would allow for a lower rank precision. That would allow dropping HoP for Pride. That's the only meaningful change for the high priced version that I can see. Crafting some es/hp hybrid chest may work but I didn't take the time to look into it.

Despite the survival and DPS the build was cheap to put together.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Here's my warcry berserker build using flicker but any other skill can be subbed in. 11k ehp, 25% heal every 1.4s, 1200hp/s and leech. With the budget version having 12m AE and 15m ST flask dps and it's using a flask on crit watchers for 5 charges second. The high budget gets to 30m and 34m.

Getting an accuracy roll on a ring would allow for a lower rank precision. That would allow dropping HoP for Pride. That's the only meaningful change for the high priced version that I can see. Crafting some es/hp hybrid chest may work but I didn't take the time to look into it.

Despite the survival and DPS the build was cheap to put together.

This is pretty much the warcry template yea. You want 4 mediums with a mix of cry wolf/warning call/provocateur and at least one to be mob mentality for rage generation, and potentially one as haunting shout if you don't have another source of intimidate. This scales rallying cry to huge regen and endurance charges, and like ~100% increased damage from rallying cry. You put enduring cry on your left mouse button (battle cry notable not optional) then just use rallying cry manually every ~30s to keep the buff up.

Sub in whatever attack skill you want really at that point. The damage is all generic physical/crit scaling, so really anything will work.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

This is the paste for the tree I used for block gladiator. Gear is mostly stripped unfortunately, but the only real important unique is the shield and the red nightmare jewel. You can run any rare shield as a budget option, as Surrender tends to be a bit expensive on league start. Red nightmare is just the easiest way to cap block, but you can operate fine without it in the beginning. Maybe use a small cluster jewel with some block chance etc if needed.

The rest can just be rares of varying quality depending on your budget. On your axe you want an elder base with the 60% chance for bleeds to do 100% more damage, then just the highest physical DPS possible. That mod is worth like ~150pdps alone, so you can run without it if you don't have access to it early, but it should be your first priority item to craft/buy. I used an axe with ~330pdps and that mod and it outperformed axes with 450-480pdps. Other important rare mod is physical damage over time multiplier on gloves and neck, which means either hunter or elder base, then just the usual hp/resists/armor.

Main skill is Lacerate obviously. The rest is really just the usual mix for any physical build - pride, blood and sand, flesh and stone for auras, a CWDT link with either molten shell or immortal call, leap slam for movement, ancestral warchief for boss damage etc etc. Fit in a vulnerability curse someplace when you're able, either an on-hit ring or use an impresence with the 100% reduced mana reservation.

• 1Like