Path of Exile

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
biggest issue is the lack of alternate paths. you can't have "stealth" mechanics, etc and then force players into the only hallway. you need to be able to take alternate paths to avoid guards, traps, 1 shot blockades, etc...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Definitely a million ways they could've made the league better. Make guards alert and killing reduce alert, make an "alarm" level with a scaler for the mobs coming so you know how fucked you're getting, maybe allow IDing contraband items, some QoL stash/Jun stuff in harbour, etc. Bunch of stuff but I think they kind of caved and just went "okay have it all for free" because of the Reddit outrage. I mean, I don't mind getting lots of easy and free loot, but this league was supposed to be one of the most in-depth one the team worked on and there's so much dialogue and lore and mobs and shit, and the Reddit herd is just "WANT LOOT NO HURT PLZ". Unforunate.

So you're saying they gave a mess of a league to start, with none of the shit you mentioned and then took the route that would take the least work to "fix" and you think reddit did this. Should probably get that tencent dick out of your throat, it's lodged so deep you might suffocate.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Path of building no longer kept up to date and current? Last release 3 months ago.

Never mind forgot it forked and such. Got it.

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
For the merc who has a chance to double the loot drops, does that mean it drops mirrors of everything if it procs, or that if it drops 10 currency items it now drops 20, not specifically the same as what dropped?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
For the merc who has a chance to double the loot drops, does that mean it drops mirrors of everything if it procs, or that if it drops 10 currency items it now drops 20, not specifically the same as what dropped?

Im not playing this league but knowing ggg its neither. its probably 100% of an extremely low drop modifier (depending on rarity).

So if a uniq x has a .0001 chance to drop it now has a .0002 chance

Or im completely wrong

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

The old man? He makes an extra reward chest spawn in each reward room, he doesn't otherwise change drops.

He's basically unusable now after the latest patch due to his alert penalty.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looking to get into this game after a hiatus! Any advice on a decent SSF build and loot filter? Is it even a fun league to jump into?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm not usually one to be all on the "hurr-durr beta test league" but holy shit this league is really bad. The amount of shit that just doesn't work at all, or bugs out in a catastrophic way, is just out of control, even after their patches.

It's so bad it's not even clear what the intended functionality is for a lot of stuff. Are you supposed to be able to leave grand heists between wings? Are you supposed to exit a heist back to the prep area before the alarm and secure all your loot? What is actually intended vs what is just bugged out bullshit?

Doors STILL fail to open properly, crew STILL gets stuck constantly trying to open doors/fight mobs, trap hallways STILL spawn with the interaction point on the wrong side, grand heists STILL will just randomly not even have entry zones.

Fucking hell all you have to do is look at silver coins/prophecy. Like they forgot it even exists at all - prophecies all trigger in heists and then just fail, no mobs no nothing. Fucking silver coins that drop in heist aren't even tagged as contraband lol, they literally didn't even look at it or think about it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
1601057119158.png

This is the guy I was thinking about, duplicate their contents makes it sound like mirrored drops?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ultimately, I'd say this is the league that suffered from the COVID shit...not Harvest. And I'd say that they're going to have to say they need longer on leagues.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They can have longer on leagues, they need it. Blaming it on COVID seems...idk. I manage QA for a software product, it's obviously not the same as game development, but COVID hasn't really affected our quality and release schedule. It's not like they have a bunch of PH gear name and half finish assets. I can see people collaborating in person helping there.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If they had 20% more time they would try to shove in 50% more stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It all depends. Do you want new content every 3 month with 2 weeks of bugs up front? Or do you want new content every 6 months with probably less bugs?

There's almost no way to keep player retention at this point with 3 month gaps between leagues. Throwbacks are fun, but get stale very quickly. Races are fun too, but I think the revolving schedule and point and reward system is a hassle for them.

Besides the ACTUAL bugs right now I think the balance is fine. If you use the right mercs, with the right items, and ALCHEMY YOUR FUCKING HEISTS you can loot every chest in the whole place. But people didn't have to do that so they don't know to do that. And reddit is just QQ threads and shit-tier memes burying the actual helpful information.

Roll a map. Look at Implicits. There's an "alert level" and "lockdown timer" modifier that goes up as affixes go up. You can get up to 40% reduced alert level and 40% extra lockdown time (afaik) before your merc bonuses. It's quite helpful.

• 1Like

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
There's more than enough content to go back and re release leagues to give them additional time to make new things much better. Redo all the loose ends in leagues as a throwback spacer with enhanced features like more lore, better uniques etc. All of the principal NPC can have a more fleshed out storyline bosses etc.

I don't think most people would really be annoyed if Tane came back and the parts actually unlocked diablo ubers or Einhar revamping talismans to unlock crafting or other bosses.
Currently they are just throwing unused assets (and a lot of cash in disposable voiceovers) for a totally new league which realistically cant happen in a 3 month cycle Covid or otherwise.

If They space it with a half league worth of updated features, they could probably gain an additional 2-4 months to finish the new league shit annually. Otherwise we are realistically just playing standard fresh every 3 months to watch bots print money to pay their rent.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Updating existing content to mesh with content released after it, like legion rooms in temple, seems like it would give Chris a raging asset reuse boner. Why don't they do this more often?

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It's like they dont want to admit that their old content could be refined and integrated better than the first time.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The baffling thing is that they could take leagues that people loved and make them better since they know the issues from the first go round.

Tell me who wouldn't like a Harvest redo where they give you a premade garden and take the time to refine the crafting options and allow you to save them to your crafting bench. Shit, they could take the leftover dev time and use it to massively rework how the crafting bench works and it would be a double win.

Why they don't do this and instead leave talismans and fucking ghosts in the game I will never know.

Also, I know they aren't called ghosts, but they are so fucking worthless that I can't even be bothered to remember their actual name. Nobody gives a shit, take them out of the goddamn game already.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They can have longer on leagues, they need it. Blaming it on COVID seems...idk. I manage QA for a software product, it's obviously not the same as game development, but COVID hasn't really affected our quality and release schedule. It's not like they have a bunch of PH gear name and half finish assets. I can see people collaborating in person helping there.

I was a senior QA engineer for over a decade, and I can attest to this as well. COVID wouldn't affect anything quality wise or release schedule including on games. However, I guarantee you that they have a "3 months or else" schedule, and nothing can go outside of that 3 months, and QA concerns are often put on the backburner or deemed not release gating, unless its a bug that's so serious that it wouldn't allow the software to function whatsoever.

They are well aware of these crashes, they just have to have something even remotely releasable every 3 months. Nothing else matters. They'll fix the crashes later.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m enjoying the league but this is the least I’ve played in league start timeframe since I started the game in delve.

i played the shit out of harvest and delirium. I honestly think they need to do four month leagues or three with a 1 month community voted rehash league with some minor fixes.