Path of Exile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Harvest crafting going core may have finally killed PoE for me. It wasn't so bad in white/yellow maps as they were rare to spawn and the crafts you got were just about universally terrible. Once you hit red maps however the rarity in crafts just sky rocket and you have filled out your atlas passive trees a bit to make them more common. Spent 3 hours farming in Haewark Hamlet and my character is better geared than any league, even harvest itself. Theres no ramp up time to the garden anymore so it just shits out the high tier influence crafts like no tomorrow and you have basically unlimited fossil crafts to go with them. I didn't find harvest to be excruciatingly bad because there was a large amount of build up time but now there's none of it all. PoE at this point in time is just a re-skinned Diablo 3. The character build barely matters, the game just rushes you to the step before unbeatable gear and hopes you'll keep grinding for that last step up to the truely mirror tier shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What build are you playing? I'm not suggesting you're wrong, I just want to see what build benefits that much from harvest crafting. I looked at the builds I have planned for this league and they're still at least partially unique-focused. Harvest crafting will help with mitigation and sustain for the most parts, which isn't nothing, but I don't know how much it will *FEEL* overpowered.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What build are you playing? I'm not suggesting you're wrong, I just want to see what build benefits that much from harvest crafting. I looked at the builds I have planned for this league and they're still at least partially unique-focused. Harvest crafting will help with mitigation and sustain for the most parts, which isn't nothing, but I don't know how much it will *FEEL* overpowered.

I was playing a Lacerate Bleed Glad so influence was everything. 83 elder axe, got it. Elder/Hunter astral plate/belt, got it. Warlord Vermillion Ring, got it. Shaper shield and boots, you guessed it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's an SSF game now and if you're in trade league everything is just that much easier. That's the truth of it.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I was playing a Lacerate Bleed Glad so influence was everything. 83 elder axe, got it. Elder/Hunter astral plate/belt, got it. Warlord Vermillion Ring, got it. Shaper shield and boots, you guessed it.

Yeah I think GGG needs to nerf how easy it is to get influence to make good items. I was watching a couple of twitch streamers and they mentioned it's probably one of the more broken things.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're about 90% there. And I'm not smart enough to know if I want 100% SSF. Lab trials? 6Ling an item? Rare uniques that define your build?

If those become SSF viable with sane play hours, is that good? I guess, but the comparisons to D3 are a bit spooky.

I will admit I'm quite surprised they did nothing explodey chests nor influence in general wrt Harvest crafting. The community pretty much assumed those would be harder and instead only Tailwind got its tags removed...? Tailwind is nice but it's not build defining, it's just more betterer.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're about 90% there. And I'm not smart enough to know if I want 100% SSF. Lab trials? 6Ling an item? Rare uniques that define your build?

If those become SSF viable with sane play hours, is that good? I guess, but the comparisons to D3 are a bit spooky.

I will admit I'm quite surprised they did nothing explodey chests nor influence in general wrt Harvest crafting. The community pretty much assumed those would be harder and instead only Tailwind got its tags removed...? Tailwind is nice but it's not build defining, it's just more betterer.

I compare it to D3 because D3 is the 1 weekend ARPG experience to me. You play a lot for 2-3 days, deterministically have gear that trivializes 99% of content and the game is basically over. PoE has done that this league. I can even understand why they do it, most people can't play a lot over a weekend like I do and the company wants the people supporting the game to reach the end game levels of power in a reasonable time frame, but it sucks to be one of the people outside of the market they are targetting.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I guess I suck at this game. I actually took off time from work so I could get to spend time playing. (dont get to do that much) On the day I saw someone killed the Maven, I was still in act 8 I think. Today, I just finished my first tier 6 and 7 maps. My gear is still miles away from anything remotely resembling end game. My character has 2 days and 21 hours played.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've loved this league, but i'm yet to get my 32 watchstones. So many different things to do.
So i haven't tried farming harvest yet because i'm not 100% sure what i would want to make. I'm just farming currency on my league starter atm as i work on the atlas but this toon can't scale enough for me to want to put any effort on it so whatever i'd make would be for my next character.
And i want to make a Frenzy (endurance) stacking slayer with replica farruls. Think i'm gonna try ele hit with trinity first.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I failed when I chose my starter, occultist LL coldslinger. Now that I think about it, every time I've tried a do not get hit dot ES build it just doesn't work for me. I'm not that good or something. Yet, I seem to forget that every year or so. This has been a slog of a league start, and I'm going to blame the build. But, I have no idea what to reroll into.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I failed when I chose my starter, occultist LL coldslinger. Now that I think about it, every time I've tried a do not get hit dot ES build it just doesn't work for me. I'm not that good or something. Yet, I seem to forget that every year or so. This has been a slog of a league start, and I'm going to blame the build. But, I have no idea what to reroll into.

Something tanky like RF Jugg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Harvest crafting going core may have finally killed PoE for me. It wasn't so bad in white/yellow maps as they were rare to spawn and the crafts you got were just about universally terrible. Once you hit red maps however the rarity in crafts just sky rocket and you have filled out your atlas passive trees a bit to make them more common. Spent 3 hours farming in Haewark Hamlet and my character is better geared than any league, even harvest itself. Theres no ramp up time to the garden anymore so it just shits out the high tier influence crafts like no tomorrow and you have basically unlimited fossil crafts to go with them. I didn't find harvest to be excruciatingly bad because there was a large amount of build up time but now there's none of it all. PoE at this point in time is just a re-skinned Diablo 3. The character build barely matters, the game just rushes you to the step before unbeatable gear and hopes you'll keep grinding for that last step up to the truely mirror tier shit.

remember the good ol days where you use to wisdom scroll yellow items?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, so what do I do at the start of mapping?

The farthest I've ever gotten was killing Sirus at the lower awakening levels during Delirum before packing it up. I had a couple characters get to like tier 7 or 8 maps in different leagues and every time, this time included, it feels like I'm just doing something wrong when it comes to gearing up. Do I just plow forward and keep picking shit up off the ground or is there a better way of doing things than waiting for something valuable to drop and buying a bunch of shit?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Follow the dum quest and unlock as many maps as you can. Then the good ones start flowing. Takes a while to get there.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Abberath's Hooves - 2x Obliteration - Fan The Flames - Elementalist - Autobomber. You and Caeden Caeden both seem to dislike this build. What's been the issue?

That said, Archmage Ignite Hexblast has been going great. I'm going to reroll to the build I just mentioned because I just love chain explosions so damn much.

Kiroy Kiroy You should still pick up rares that your loot filter tells you to. ID them, don't even look at them, toss them in your dump tab. 4 hours of playtime later, rotate your tabs.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Deathwing Deathwing

I think Kythik and I are both sloppy players that like on demand sustain like leech and ES/LGOH, so Wicked Ward builds are just not our thing. I forgot this too. It was one reason I dumped occultist awhile back. Mechanically, the build is fine otherwise.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like one of the best things GGG has done yet. Harvest not going core is the reason I stopped playing after the league ended.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I’ll try getting past t5-t7 tonight then. Kids suck up time friends.

• 1Solidarity