Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The bots grabbing trades before you can even see them, and map trading in general are the biggest actual problems.

Buying basic materials like fusings, scarabs, chromes drives me up the fucking wall. If I could buy all that shit from a bazaar/auction house type thing I'd play so much more PoE.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Buying basic materials like fusings, scarabs, chromes drives me up the fucking wall. If I could buy all that shit from a bazaar/auction house type thing I'd play so much more PoE.

Craft an 800+ ES chest, list it and see what happens.

Or get a big rolled dank queen of forest early in a league like I did.

I got spammed by 300+ messages before it even showed on poe.trade. Literally third party tools taking over the market. Not good.

• 2Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Poe.trade is 15mins+ behind the official. Official updates every few minutes and on zoning. The bots don't even need their own search. It's just official with VPNs to get around the live search limit. Which killed non-targeted flipping for anyone that isn't willing to go to that length.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

2 of those 3 things you can buy from a bazaar/auction house type thing called a vendor.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've typed up a response multiple times and deleted it for having felt like I've already made whatever point I was originally intending. I think that's perhaps most on-the-nose about the current state of PoE.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
2 of those 3 things you can buy from a bazaar/auction house type thing called a vendor.

Well fucking stupid me. Why didn't I think to turn the 2000 Jeweler's Orbs I didn't have in to 500 Orbs of Fusing to do my six link after blowing all the mats I had earlier? I should change my filters so I can better spot Chromatic Orb recipe drops. That would have totally gotten me the fucking mountain of the goddamn things I needed to get the colors I needed. My problem is totally solved. Now I'll never have to send 20+ fucking messages waiting for anyone to respond and just sell the thing they listed. Don't bother sending messages to the cheapest sellers you say? You sir are a font of good ideas. Trade League? Bruh, there's a thing called a vendor.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
If they had a vendor that would convert any currency to any other type then you might have a point. Just jewelers for fusings isn't what he is talking about, though.

Mr. Clean

Trakanon Raider
i know its a little late in league, but can i get a guild invite, Charlottes_gonna_get_ya, spider witch

• 1Solidarity

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This worthwhile in non Doriyani builds?
It's not that bad of a downside if you're a chief or necro i think even whitout doriyani, and if you happen to have mageblood the downside doesn't matter.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe Righteous Fire boys just get some extra tankiness? Definitely a weird one. Chieftain definitely comes to mind with the free +100 fire resist, but outside of that I can't see anything besides your aforementioned Doryani and OG Nebulis maybe. Run a purity of X really high, get to 92 resistance and you're looking at something like 255-340% increased cold and lightning damage. That's pretty bigly. I'm thinking we see some Storm Callers with that oneshotting bosses. And, of course, lightning ball boys mass clearing easily.

Edit: well fuck me, the way it's worded it's not matching # to #, it's just going to take it from the top resistance. Like a reverse The Admiral. So dunno, Doryani's for sure and maybe not much else. Could make gearing for high-unique classes easier perhaps if they've got the right synergy on resists.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure what you mean about the admiral. Doesnt it just mean that if you have 90/75/75 max fire/ice/light res you will actually have 90/90/90 if you equip this?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm not sure what you mean about the admiral. Doesnt it just mean that if you have 90/75/75 max fire/ice/light res you will actually have 90/90/90 if you equip this?
That's what I was hoping, but not quite. It won't change the sheet number, instead it'll just say "All elemental damage you take is fire damage", but not in a literal way. So you'll be 90/75/75, but all lightning hits will check the 90. So for Nebulis reasons it won't work, but it does the same thing. It's only matching the resist on the hit calculation, not on the character sheet.

The Admiral does the same thing. You stack all penetration of one kind, then whenever you hit a mob, no matter what elemental damage, it ALWAYS bases the penetration on your best resist check. So you may have 15 pene for everything, but an additional 50 cold pen. It's going to hit everything for -65 resist regardless of fire/lightning/cold.

The only reason this is different is because I'm ASSUMING it's going to do the calculation on the hit and not actually match all your resists upfront. If it DOES match them all, which would be way better for players, that makes Nebulis super amazing. If it does it on the hit calcuation then Nebulis doesn't do shit, but it'll still be a huge ease of burden for gearing certain classes. The most under-rated thing about this is it's a jewel. So rather than taking up X or Y slot it's just a freebie for 1-2 points. Just stack uniques you need and run a purity and you're good. Very good for weird speed running builds and lower life pew pewers who may run 5-6 uniques. Basically means a few passive nodes, good topaz/sapphire/ruby rings and a belt or amulet and you're set for everything.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Seems a lot of people were confused and the Reddit thread on this got pretty long.

Basically with this jewel, your maximum resistances CAN BE as high as your highset max resist. So you'd still need to get +all res to get them all up to your max of 90 to all three. It doesn't make 2 = to highest 1, it just allows you to MATCH your highest 1 maximum. Still means Nebulis with the right gear could be nuts as well as Doryani shenanigans. You just won't get free defense like I originally thought.

So basically:

You have exactly 83/75/75. You equip this jewel. You now have 7 (out of 83)/ 0 (out of 83)/ 0 (out of 83). It is literally changing your stat sheet though, so Nebulis will be very good.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hope it's not super fucking rare like the batch from 3.16. They skirted a pretty dangerous line with those in that none of them enabled a unique build. Once it does, probably Stasis Prison, prepare a shit situation like we had with Hateforge. Wonder what's happening with those in 3.17.

Chase items and trade economies generally do not mix.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hope it's not super fucking rare like the batch from 3.16. They skirted a pretty dangerous line with those in that none of them enabled a unique build. Once it does, probably Stasis Prison, prepare a shit situation like we had with Hateforge. Wonder what's happening with those in 3.17.

Chase items and trade economies generally do not mix.

Uh Stasis Prison is worth like 10x more than Hateforge was during its league lol. It's what, like 3 mirrors or some shit, and "does" almost nothing currently in terms of actual power?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Uh Stasis Prison is worth like 10x more than Hateforge was during its league lol. It's what, like 3 mirrors or some shit, and "does" almost nothing currently in terms of actual power?
Yep. Just wait until recoup is fleshed out some more. Or something interacts with it in a new way.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Turns out reddit is still useful for something(look at the post times).

Were they likely already working on this? Yeah. Have they whipped up fixes in short order? Also yeah. Either way, glad it's fixed and I can stop forgetting to not ctrl click my elder maps.

Also, fuck Baran.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They aren't, or at least not yet. They will be in the next patch with the new endgame systems is the implication.