Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Peple must be rerolling, all the sudden all my low lvl stuff for sale is getting whispers often.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mathil is just a Templar and using BV, that's all he's got at the moment. He's winging it for the most part.

I hadn't thought about the Intensity jewels, but could definitely work, especially with EO or something. Kitava's used to be great because it made a one button build out of a two button build, but even in red maps with mediocre+ gear, Herald of Ash + Bladefall cleared everything until Archnemesis or Map bosses. Basically one cast per pack would obliterate everything.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just got done making the boss rounds on poison lightning strike. My gear is absolute dogwater but it was pretty comfortably able to do all the guardians/elderslayers with Maven around, and shaper/sirus etc (new bosses are a joke and don't count). The boss DPS probably isn't for everyone as it's very reliant on focus and DPS windows, so you need to know mechanics well enough to know when you can/should go in to maximize your poison stacks.

Map clear is excellent outside a handful of specific maps with a lot of uneven terrain, but that's just a lightning strike problem in general. Getting +1 strike on gloves, an additional curse, and a pair of those new jewels to grab a 5th ascendancy node and this probably can do delirium farming without too much trouble.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anybody know much about the opulent archnemesis drop and how best to utilize it? I had 2 and used one last night. The boss drops these little gold urns on the ground you gotta try to click on to smash open. I'm not sure if you can wait until after you kill the boss or if you have to do it before he dies. It is a pain in the butt if its the latter (and what I did last night). By the 4th iteration it gets downright nasty to try to run around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to pop those things. I ended up with like 3 chaos total out of them, so definitely not worth the trouble if so.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anybody know much about the opulent archnemesis drop and how best to utilize it? I had 2 and used one last night. The boss drops these little gold urns on the ground you gotta try to click on to smash open. I'm not sure if you can wait until after you kill the boss or if you have to do it before he dies. It is a pain in the butt if its the latter (and what I did last night). By the 4th iteration it gets downright nasty to try to run around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to pop those things. I ended up with like 3 chaos total out of them, so definitely not worth the trouble if so.
I had no idea thats what you were supposed to do lol.. I guess you should wait for a archnemesis mob that comes in the form of those ressurecting necromancers cause they never attack you

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the advantage of crafting Hunter/Redeemer boots vs Eldritch boots with Elusive effect/Action speed?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is the advantage of crafting Hunter/Redeemer boots vs Eldritch boots with Elusive effect/Action speed?
I agree with your sentiment but if i was to nitpick then it's that not everyone gets elusive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

The urns despawn as soon as the mob dies. They have a stacking curse/aura thingy that lowers you movement (action?) speed and causes you to take more and more damage.

The idea is you try and open as many as you can before the debuff is too big and the mob just destroys you. I've been unimpressed with it every time I use it though, the urns seem to be about the same or maybe worse than the currency chests from an Alva temple, so don't worry too much about it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just tried using the opulent with a necromancer minion and even with only 7 stacks i got 1 hit by one of the resurected skellies with 5k+life and 20k armor
And then on the 4th go i guess there were no minions to rezz so i could go around for over a minute breaking urns but nothing at all dropped, wonder if its a bugg or anti cheese code.
got about 3c, 7 horizon and a scarab for my troubles

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hope those UI changes comes soon. Or, more likely, a standardized filter for which pieces are worth picking up. You need 5-10 empty spots to deal with in-progress recipes.

IDK, Archnemesis is shaping up a lot like Scourge in terms of shit league, great base game changes. I hope they handle it better than Scourge.

So, yeah, sounds like filter changes it is. Anyone have a popular filter(or tool I guess?) they'd recommend that let's you pick up the pieces for only worthwhile recipes?

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Elusive effect is good if you can generate Elusive, which many can't. Tailwind is 8% and their "reduced action speed" (???) goes up to 6% global I think. Basically it's close for any class that doesn't have those options in their tree/ascendancy the awakened boots version will win out. There is also some influence mods that are VERY good for certain builds that pair nicely with one or the other of those such as Phys as extra X, +1 endurance charge, etc etc.

Overall I think a lot of the implicits are pretty well done in the fact that outside of stuff like 6link helmets and crit chance chests, there's very good competitiveness between implicit rares and influenced rares. They actually did pretty well with the balance.

That said, weird shit like Incursion mod rares and essence rares will blow most normie rares out of the water, so you're still going to be hunting or crafting a bit to get a top end rare.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seing as i've just tried and made a pretty defensive character with spell supression and ailment immunity, i can pretty confidently say there's not much room for onslaught+tailwind boots and other conq items if you wanna fit stuff like that, or atleast it will make creating those items really expensive. So in my case these new implicits are amazing untill they make items have like 5 suffixes and 1 prefix.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seeing as they don't give a shit, is it worth doing anything besides:
  1. Mirror Image: Echoist + Soul Conduit
  2. Treant Horde: Toxic + Sentinel + Steel-Infused
  3. Assassin: Deadeye + Vampiric
  4. Rejuvenating: Gargantuan + Vampiric
I wonder if it would be better for GGG to be open about their low effort leagues.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, it depends on what you mean by "worth it" lol. I'm pretty sure by any metric focused purely on farming efficiency nothing in nemesis is worth it and you're better off skipping interacting with it entirely. Costs too much time in terms of clicking atlar/picking up organs/making recipes/actually killing the thing, when you could just be further power farming the busted as fuck new influences.

That said all the unique-based recipes are a trap, especially given how many different tiers of things you need to combine to get to the good ones. That's more a function of the unique bloat in the game than anything else though, and just how obscenely un-obtainable the tier0 uniques actually are.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea some of the monsters that come out of it are truly unreasonable. Oh oops I forgot I was running an extra proj map and put bombadier in to nemesis, guess I'll die?

I'm sure the entirety of hardcore just never interacts with it.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Seeing as they don't give a shit, is it worth doing anything besides:
  1. Mirror Image: Echoist + Soul Conduit
  2. Treant Horde: Toxic + Sentinel + Steel-Infused
  3. Assassin: Deadeye + Vampiric
  4. Rejuvenating: Gargantuan + Vampiric
I wonder if it would be better for GGG to be open about their low effort leagues.
Thats my go to as well except for Echoist which seems to be about as rare as a random dropped exalt even running cells and infested valley every time I get one of those maps. (I've seen exactly 2 drop since league start)

You can also look up Grimro's spreadsheet which adds 2 others to add along the way (Entangler and Executioner to use as you go)

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So when I went to try and modify colors in filterblade so I could color the more important archnemesis drops differently I couldn't. Anyone able to get around this via going directly into the config or any other suggestions?