Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I can't think of much for self cast unless you're a zoomer type, but I'd go Inquisitor and get some good block defenses if you do. Especially with Divine Shield it can really make you a tanky boi. As for spells I'm not sure. There's some that are pretty powerful but a pain to self cast (Ice Spear, Freezing Pulse, Blade Blast/Bladefall) and usually need a little help clearing big packs. I'd definitely try to synergize some sort of clear mechanic whether it be Inpulsas, Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice, or Profane Bloom with this league because density can get very nuts if you want it to.

The biggest problem with self cast is standing still. Getting near max block and high armor with molten shell OR some block and max spell suppression with evasion is good, but can be hard to achieve with suppression being an untagged modifier.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Really hope that's just really early league pricing. For what it enables, Ashes should be cheaper.

Omni can stay expensive, boring archetype.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone know someone who crafts items on order? I've never figured out crafting very well so would be willing to buy a couple items and then ask the steps they took afterwards to make the item. (pay for an item as well as hopefully learn a thing or two for the long run)

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really hope that's just really early league pricing. For what it enables, Ashes should be cheaper.

Omni can stay expensive, boring archetype.
No joke sold my HH for 40ex and bought an omni for 25 (and a claw for 10)...Compared to any other league i'm getting shafted from both ends but can't say i regret it...Allowed me to actually start gearing proper and maps are twice as fast and getting faster and can buy a HH back at this point if i wanted to. 330k /kills

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Guess we know the real reason Ultimatum wasn't coming back this patch. Does Ultimatum beat out Ritual for Rares/sec?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Bahaha I just started playing the league today, and caught up on this thread............replacing mob modifications with Archnemesis effects is just the most hilariously GGG thing that has ever been done to PoE.

Seriously, no one in that office actually plays this game anymore.

Anyway, trying Lightning Strike and Poison Concoction for an all Nature Chick league. Started with the LS, and already I feel the pain that Deathwing always mentions with the corner blocking and such.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I tried to make gloves with double temple mod a few times tonight but it never came out right, was starting to suspect it wasn't possible, but no it's totally possible I just kept losing the 50/50s:

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Those are sick. Fucking temple is great since last league when you wanted non-influenced gloves. Been trying to big brain other shit to Recombo and only thing I can think of is Delve modified items. Can get curse on hit on a better ring base, move +1 skelly/spectre to a better base, all sorts of nice QoL options. Can also get aggressive minions on a Convoking wand pretty easy which has to be great for a lot of skelly builds.

Recombinators are definitely the end-end game, but gotta figure out what exactly to use them on. We tried mashing Synth implicits together (%str, %dam per strength) a couple times, no go.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea this shit is gonna make Harvest look tame by the end of the league.

The hidden/upgrade mods are beyond nuts. 2-4 added cold per dex on boots? Like what the shit lol.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Had a few minutes this morning and decided to start playing. Mud Flats rhoa gang charged me, chain stunned me, and killed me twice. Then in the next goddamn zone the ranged freezers chain freeze me and I die twice. Then in the ledge I am chased by a pack of hasted magic mobs that breathe DOT fire that damages me faster then my flasks can heal me; dead. Now I don't want to play anymore because it is going to take me a few hours to get far enough in to adequately deal with this stuff. What the fuck is GGG thinking?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I started a RF build last night for a few. The start is much much better than it was on release day.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I’ve run into this situation where my build looks atleast white map doable in pob but I am somehow way behind on levels and also poorer than expected. I’ve literally died multiple times now doing blue tier 1 maps. Am resist capped but otherwise no defenses, like 2k health and low dps. And I am still lvl 68 cuz of deaths lol.

Anyways , I need some levels and money to proceed; where do people farm levels/cash when they’re not ready yet for maps these days? Still blood aqueduct?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh i know very well now lol. its pretty dumb because if you arent a 5head build starter and you like to fuck around and find out with your own builds, the game's completely different now. usually i could get to yellow if not low red maps with some cheap ass budget build that i developed on the fly but I am getting assraped in act 10/tier1 maps by AN mods, even sometimes on magic monsters, despite being res capped. if i have to play some preplanned seismic trap or other fotm bullshit just to get started in a league it will be a much more boring league start for me going forward.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Post your pob again. I seem to recall you doing so previously, but I went back a few pages and didn't see a pastebin.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I’ve run into this situation where my build looks atleast white map doable in pob but I am somehow way behind on levels and also poorer than expected. I’ve literally died multiple times now doing blue tier 1 maps. Am resist capped but otherwise no defenses, like 2k health and low dps. And I am still lvl 68 cuz of deaths lol.

Anyways , I need some levels and money to proceed; where do people farm levels/cash when they’re not ready yet for maps these days? Still blood aqueduct?

Last 2 leagues i've bought lockpick, demolition and perception heist contracts on level ups from the vender at the rogue harbor (restocks on level ups), can buy form level 53 onwards but it's not needed i find, don't have the patience for that many contracts. And i also do chaos recipe but i would'nt reccomend it whitout a 3d party program called "chaos recipe enhancer" (or if there's similar). This video got me doing this

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Blood aqueducts or ossuary are good layouts. The ducts is probably the best for cash (humility cards).

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I like this part of the new update patch: "The Hasted and Arcane Buffer monster modifiers will now be first encountered on level 6 monsters." Seems like they are willing to give new players a buffer until they have to drop the soap starting at Ledge now.

Otherwise it has been a fun league start, reddit salt included. I started random minions including srs, and now bought the skeleton mage package since the scalpers have given up their monopoly.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So if you are not among the 0.01% who can tackle the new uber uber bosses 3.18 is basically a shitty 3.17 with a boring league mechanic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users