Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
lol I just went from 93 to 94 doing all my backlogged Heists below level 81.

Now I am trying to get the achieve.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
How long have Memories been in the game? I just had my first one drop and it is very interesting. I must have missed when they were released. Kind of like Ritual - I have no idea how to use the frags.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some have, but not as a 5 way carry specifically. I mean there's some dumb shit out there right now and I'm sure a lot of it mass clears while blasting bosses pretty well at the 100 divine level. Relic of the Pact comes to mind as an omega clearer that can have good dps if you invest into it.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So I dropped my main game War Thunder a couple of weeks ago and PoE has become my go-to. Really getting into it for the first time in about 4 years - it is just too bad it wasn't during a better league.

I just want to note that I have been playing this game since 2013 and I am now watching videos to better strategize stuff. I just yolo'd Heist, but man you can seriously min/max. I specced Essence for a while for the achieve and, holy crap, was I swimming in that stuff lol. I just watched an Expedition logbook video.

I am also researching crafting for the first time. I was lucky that I found an almost perfect main hand weapon for my build (less one affix).

I am glad I am still unemployed (about to start looking again, le sigh, summer is over), this is nearly a full time job........

I am also respecced into Abyss for the achieve, and I am wondering how I get 5 abysses - I assume I need a winged scarab?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I dropped my main game War Thunder a couple of weeks ago and PoE has become my go-to. Really getting into it for the first time in about 4 years - it is just too bad it wasn't during a better league.

I just want to note that I have been playing this game since 2013 and I am now watching videos to better strategize stuff. I just yolo'd Heist, but man you can seriously min/max. I specced Essence for a while for the achieve and, holy crap, was I swimming in that stuff lol. I just watched an Expedition logbook video.

I am also researching crafting for the first time. I was lucky that I found an almost perfect main hand weapon for my build (less one affix).

I am glad I am still unemployed (about to start looking again, le sigh, summer is over), this is nearly a full time job........

I am also respecced into Abyss for the achieve, and I am wondering how I get 5 abysses - I assume I need a winged scarab?
3 from winged isnt needed if you

2 from the map device
1 from sextant
2 from gilded scarab

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This 'Form the Lake' challenge is going to break me. I'm almost done the End Game Grind for the Lakes, I've probably run 100+ more Lakes that weren't lvl 83 for it and I'm still short a ring base.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, so 38 challenges done again. The worst of the bunch was definitely Form the Lake. Took me days worth of running nothing but Lakes before getting the 2nd ring base. It was all in HC so I cheated by buying the uber boss kills.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    290.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
3 from winged isnt needed if you

2 from the map device
1 from sextant
2 from gilded scarab
By the by, I have used something like 100+ sextants and have yet to see one for Abyss.

I moved on until I happen to luck onto it at some point.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can just buy a map with the implicit of contains 2 abysses - they get made from atlas passive that drops maps with special modifiers.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally gave in and at least got a rarity flask, I hate this MF meta so much. On a shakari touched essence mob.

welp.png

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Part of me is curious as to the personal reasons MF from gear isn't removed. Seems like an easy fix. A mid-league fix even. So, some higher up has to be blocking this. Remember, Gold flasks are relatively new(3.15 I think), so it's not like there is this legacy fleet they just forgot about.

The other part of me doesn't want a so horribly out of touch response akin to "weight" and "close your eyes and slam".

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Part of me is curious as to the personal reasons MF from gear isn't removed. Seems like an easy fix. A mid-league fix even. So, some higher up has to be blocking this. Remember, Gold flasks are relatively new(3.15 I think), so it's not like there is this legacy fleet they just forgot about.

The other part of me doesn't want a so horribly out of touch response akin to "weight" and "close your eyes and slam".

In a previous post, we mentioned we were discussing issues related to magic find/culling feeling mandatory as well as cases where it feels bad to get a lot of quality currency or flasks from killing a monster with specific Archnemesis modifiers. In both of these cases, our discussions are ongoing. However, in order to provide a bit more certainty, we can say that we don't have easy solutions for these issues mid-league and will be looking at what's possible for 3.20.

It quite a thing to say that while MF Cullers are increasingly feeling mandatory there's not going to be anything until 3.20

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right, I want to know the hold up. Who's against removing MF gear and what's their pants-on-head reason?

In theory, MF gear could be interesting. Depower your build for more rewards. The average build has far too many checkboxes to fill and resulting gear slot contention for it to be interesting anymore. I actually wonder if the Gold flask was introduced for that reason. The developers found slotting in MF gear into the barren hellscape of the 3.15 meta to be far more difficult than one flask.

Also, shouldn't exist while gear swapping exists. Ideally, rewards would be scaled by proportion of damage dealt, but that would kill party play(don't care) and I'm pretty sure their engine can't actually do that. It's why dot kills by anything(mines, minions, traps, etc) are attributed to the owner.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Right, I want to know the hold up. Who's against removing MF gear and what's their pants-on-head reason?

In theory, MF gear could be interesting. Depower your build for more rewards. The average build has far too many checkboxes to fill and resulting gear slot contention for it to be interesting anymore. I actually wonder if the Gold flask was introduced for that reason. The developers found slotting in MF gear into the barren hellscape of the 3.15 meta to be far more difficult than one flask.

Also, shouldn't exist while gear swapping exists. Ideally, rewards would be scaled by proportion of damage dealt, but that would kill party play(don't care) and I'm pretty sure their engine can't actually do that. It's why dot kills by anything(mines, minions, traps, etc) are attributed to the owner.

It was part of Diablo 2, it will be part of PoE. No further discussion necessary.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All problems are fixed by a solo-only trade league - no one else can enter your maps.

If you wanna go mega autistic and roll your own culler to stack magic find on then go nuts.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why not go more pants on head and add MF as an additional mod on loot drops? Seems like it'd further polute garbage drops while also enabling options. Win win to them?

I played a barb in d2 with something like 800%? MF and god I hated swapping the shit out back then, probably simpler now that you could risk being banned for hotkey swapping it but still shit.