Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, I see the wording now. That Mark_GGG is a tricky bitch. They foresee interactions like this but things like Vengeant Cascade slip by? Gonna have to lower my modeling on Berserk uptime.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Live blog post on LLR's league experience so far:

I've been INCREDIBLY lucky (relative to my past) on raw div drops this league, with 5 raw drops and 1 from ritual. And I'm only 1/3rd through red maps at this point. That has enabled me to actually get some non-dogshit gear to get this silly build going.

The build? Well, I started with an Arc + Galvanic Field Heiro using min power charges to 9 . But holy crap was it too squishy without giga damage to kill things. Maybe if you went for some cold conversion for freeze/chill it could have improved it, but leveling and early mapping was pretty painful. Though Galv Field isn't too bad, it's just a bit too DOT like in playstyle without the accompanying survivability. Soo, since the lightning builds are all kind of similar, I pivoted to a Ball Lightning with mana stacking using Abyss jewels and the redone abyss uniques. Figured what the hell, never played a mana build, F it. So far it's not too bad, but it's a bit short on defensive layers, kinda. It HEAVILY relies on MOM effect (59% for me now) and massive mana regen for defense. I'm currently aiming for 3100/sec+ with 10-11K mana.

That said, BL is pretty good for offense, shit just falls over. POB says I'm at like 7-9M and I chewed through the quest Black Star/Endless Hunger before they could do almost anything. All of this is on like a 8-ish DIV budget since mana items like Atziri's Foible and Pledge of Hands are relatively cheap.

Will this level of performance hurt me once I get into harder stuff? Very possibly. But eh, it's kinda fun so far, as long as my regen isn't overwhelmed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Live blog post on LLR's league experience so far:

I've been INCREDIBLY lucky (relative to my past) on raw div drops this league, with 5 raw drops and 1 from ritual. And I'm only 1/3rd through red maps at this point. That has enabled me to actually get some non-dogshit gear to get this silly build going.

The build? Well, I started with an Arc + Galvanic Field Heiro using min power charges to 9 . But holy crap was it too squishy without giga damage to kill things. Maybe if you went for some cold conversion for freeze/chill it could have improved it, but leveling and early mapping was pretty painful. Though Galv Field isn't too bad, it's just a bit too DOT like in playstyle without the accompanying survivability. Soo, since the lightning builds are all kind of similar, I pivoted to a Ball Lightning with mana stacking using Abyss jewels and the redone abyss uniques. Figured what the hell, never played a mana build, F it. So far it's not too bad, but it's a bit short on defensive layers, kinda. It HEAVILY relies on MOM effect (59% for me now) and massive mana regen for defense. I'm currently aiming for 3100/sec+ with 10-11K mana.

That said, BL is pretty good for offense, shit just falls over. POB says I'm at like 7-9M and I chewed through the quest Black Star/Endless Hunger before they could do almost anything. All of this is on like a 8-ish DIV budget since mana items like Atziri's Foible and Pledge of Hands are relatively cheap.

Will this level of performance hurt me once I get into harder stuff? Very possibly. But eh, it's kinda fun so far, as long as my regen isn't overwhelmed.
I went for an Arc Totem Hiero build for a while, but it just fell apart in deeper red maps. The defense just isn't there ever since GGG has seen fit to "LOL ONE SHOT IS FUN" mechanics all over the fucking place.

Ended up switching to a TR ballista build and the defense is almost night and fucking day different. With how GGG has consistently been smacking player power while simultaneously buffing mobs (mostly through AM fuckery), you either have to go crazy defensive, or play a build with just absolute bullshit dumb damage that can offscreen hit everything, while you pray to god you never get touched.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lightning Fast
I went for an Arc Totem Hiero build for a while, but it just fell apart in deeper red maps. The defense just isn't there ever since GGG has seen fit to "LOL ONE SHOT IS FUN" mechanics all over the fucking place.

Ended up switching to a TR ballista build and the defense is almost night and fucking day different. With how GGG has consistently been smacking player power while simultaneously buffing mobs (mostly through AM fuckery), you either have to go crazy defensive, or play a build with just absolute bullshit dumb damage that can offscreen hit everything, while you pray to god you never get touched.
There's other guys on poe ninja running the same thing basically, and they're lvl 98+ so it is viable I think. Even the other build is probably viable just not as a starter.

I think BL as a skill helps. You do 1 cast that repeats 4 times and move with the balls. Not much lives through it. It can be dangerous doing strongboxes though for sure.

But you might be right and then I'll be rerolling. Likely to something worse cause I'm an inveterate tinkerer in this game.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you aren't especially satisfied with your Hiero an Astral Projector is like 15 chaos this league and cold convert shockwave totems are a house.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
If you aren't especially satisfied with your Hiero an Astral Projector is like 15 chaos this league and cold convert shockwave totems are a house.
I still have some easy upgrades to do like catalysts and such, and mapping has been better and better the higher regen I get.

I suspect it will be good enough for the non1337 content I tackle.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are people farming Writs? After the Atlas change losing the quant on invitations has really hurt my splinter farming. I get like 1 per invitation when I used to get about 3-4.

There's gotta be a way because no way are Writs going for about a divine when you gotta put in that much effort to get an invitation to fight Maven.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The regular 10 bosses invites are worthless and a complete trap.

You get splinters from guardian/conqueror witness battles. Like 5-8 per on those depending on quant and luck.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The regular 10 bosses invites are worthless and a complete trap.

You get splinters from guardian/conqueror witness battles. Like 5-8 per on those depending on quant and luck.

Yep, but the drop rate on those even when specced into all the map nodes on the Atlas seems low this league to me for some reason.

And forget about getting the special Maven invitations. I was specced into those with as well for about 100 maps and saw 1. Something feels off.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The special invites can only drop from guardians/conquerors now I wanna say? Or at least I can't remember ever getting one that wasn't from a shaper/elder guardian or similar

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm yea I was trying to incorporate an alch n go strategy that didn't incorporate anything on the top or by exarch. Eater alters really don't seem to be worth it unless you juice your maps with scabs n sextant but I don't like pathing to the left on my expedition/heist/strongbox/shrine/essence strat

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The special invites can only drop from guardians/conquerors now I wanna say? Or at least I can't remember ever getting one that wasn't from a shaper/elder guardian or similar

Nah the special invites can drop off any map boss. The drop rate was just miserable.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't ever do uber cortex boys

Capture.PNG

• 1Mother of God

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
But muh atlas point.

If you had run that during that tripled map mod bug last league, would that have been 210% less damage taken, or 70%^3 less damage taken?

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Trying to figure out how to get my 3rd and hopefully 4th voidstone. I followed the maven missions up to T16 and got an invitation from her, but when I went in I had a big fight with a whole bunch of bosses I just couldnt keep up with. (tornadoes, big guy with tentacles out of his face and a couple others that just put way too many area denial effects for me to live through). I am assuming that beating that fight gets me a 3rd voidstone. Is that correct? The list just says Maven, but that was not a fight trying to fight her so was a little confused. What is my best option to get those last two stones? A carry? If so, what is the protocol for that as I don't have any more invitations. I think I can do that fight if I get a little more gear (I hope) and get a little luckier on which bosses show up. (that darn tornado wench was wrecking me) Searing and Eater stones were pretty easy to get.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you hover over the voidstone sockets, it tells you how to get them.

The first two are indeed quick and easy. Last two involve Maven herself and Uber Elder. I don't think either are harder than Exarch or Eater, but they do take a while to grind out access frags.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Trying to figure out how to get my 3rd and hopefully 4th voidstone. I followed the maven missions up to T16 and got an invitation from her, but when I went in I had a big fight with a whole bunch of bosses I just couldnt keep up with. (tornadoes, big guy with tentacles out of his face and a couple others that just put way too many area denial effects for me to live through). I am assuming that beating that fight gets me a 3rd voidstone. Is that correct? The list just says Maven, but that was not a fight trying to fight her so was a little confused. What is my best option to get those last two stones? A carry? If so, what is the protocol for that as I don't have any more invitations. I think I can do that fight if I get a little more gear (I hope) and get a little luckier on which bosses show up. (that darn tornado wench was wrecking me) Searing and Eater stones were pretty easy to get.

If you're just looking for basic watchstone completion global chat 820 and trade chat 820 can usually sort you out. Global is for helping/freebies typically and trade is for paying.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All ubers dead this morning, yes including sirus and cortex. All invites done with ease. Vengeant cascade is not an okay node lol, the damage is just completely absurd for almost no effort.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
All ubers dead this morning, yes including sirus and cortex. All invites done with ease. Vengeant cascade is not an okay node lol, the damage is just completely absurd for almost no effort.
Yes, VC being at least a 10x damage multiplier for Splitting Steel will be specifically fixed. It should be noted that even in its busted state, the skill is still not meta due to Call of Steel. People would rather play that stupid totem build than a Call of Steel skill.

For most projectile skills, yes, it will likely be tuned down. I hope it's something like "returning projectiles do 50% less damage" and not completely nuked. It's not obvious on the surface level, but returning projectiles adds a ton of functionality to projectile skills. I hated SST before this patch and now it's one of my favorite. The returning projectiles add so much coverage. Before, I didn't like how precisely you had to aim the skill. Now, I feel like I'm almost playing mines.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, VC being at least a 10x damage multiplier for Splitting Steel will be specifically fixed. It should be noted that even in its busted state, the skill is still not meta due to Call of Steel. People would rather play that stupid totem build than a Call of Steel skill.

For most projectile skills, yes, it will likely be tuned down. I hope it's something like "returning projectiles do 50% less damage" and not completely nuked. It's not obvious on the surface level, but returning projectiles adds a ton of functionality to projectile skills. I hated SST before this patch and now it's one of my favorite. The returning projectiles add so much coverage. Before, I didn't like how precisely you had to aim the skill. Now, I feel like I'm almost playing mines.
What makes it have more multiplier on splitting steel then say FB or LA?