Path of Exile

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Poe 2 visually and moment to moment definetly look good, but I'm a bit worried about the expectation they seem to have that i'll want to use 4 different active skills.
Remains to be seen, but I could easily see them keeping poe 1 as the zoomer blow up screens with one button game. And poe 2 being completely different pacing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like that PoE 1 and 2 are totally separate dev teams. Now we'll see if Chris is really the Chad people think he is or not.

Sanctum getting core means LOGIN boiz.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
heheheeee

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
my hot take is that they will fuck up PoE2 in some major way and all people will say is that "it's not real PoE". I first I thought worst would probably be catering to the fucking casuals. But from what I've seen so far from the gameplay it actually the opposite. It took Ziz like 4 minutes to kill a rare mob and it dropped trash 3 blues. The faggots at GGG have gone full ruthless mode. Truth be told, we all knew that was gonna happen.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

this rory presentation is really informative on their thoughts on skill design. Im not sure I agree with the causes or solutions.
I think the gear socket system is very good and important.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Remains to be seen, but I could easily see them keeping poe 1 as the zoomer blow up screens with one button game. And poe 2 being completely different pacing.

oh they're not only keeping it they'll be actively supporting it

they should drop poe 1 or just stick with poe 2 being a large expansion

they are trying to eat two cakes here and it's only going to result in lower quality for both

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider

they are trying to eat two cakes here and it's only going to result in lower quality for both
Oh i'm aware they're going to be separate products. Which i think is the right play. They've been angling to slow it down for awhile, but the vocal autists just rail about it. So let them have poe 1, and try something different with poe 2. It just remains to be seen if the vocal poe 1 crowd will change the poe 2 vibe- and well lets be honest. It will, just how much, is now the question.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

It is an odd choice to release what is essentially a direct competitor to your own game. Seems like it'll cannibalize both.

They should've just kept the MTX transfers of PoE 1 and sunset it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
liked most everything they showed today except the mobile stuff, holy shit that was awful

elidib

Vyemm Raider
everytime they show poe2 combat, it seems like the mobs are SO tanky. like, it really looks like a lot of fucking work for each pack. I get that they dont want you to be one-shotting screens with one click, but there's gotta be a happy medium between the two.

Mobile looks fun other than the slideshow FPS which was apparently a technical problem with the stream and not something they're experiencing in person. I love the story bits and characters.

edit: like right now, Preach can't even kill a "big mob" not a boss or miniboss, just a regular mob with a big model.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol at everyone crying about combat being slow in d4 and how poe2 is gonna be awesome amazing 18/10 game and then everyone saying poe2 combat looks slow as fuck now that they announce a closed beta for maybe next year.

• 1Repost

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Def look slow as fuck. I watched Zizz do his play through and holy shit, the dude died like 4x. Buty im sure they have a lot of balancing to go through stil in a years time. What we see today wnt be the same game in a year and a half. Also slower is not necessarily a bad thing either. D4 is slower and still played great.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A lot of the streamers are saying it feels clunky as fuck and it's basically harder than ruthless. I'm sure ruthless was the testbed for a lot of the feel/flow of combat.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
If PoE2 starts out hard, and takes a bit longer for builds to get online and OP in maps I'd be ok with that, at least to start. As the game evolves it would get boring doing that every league. The graphics look great though, much better than what I've seen of D4 (haven't played it).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't care for the ARAM / TFT hybrid league mechanic reveal but every thing else about the changes for next league look fun. Just plain, old fashioned fun.

Not even worth discussing poe2 at this point since closed beta is still almost a full year out

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
From what I could tell, they were using blue gear in the demo. Whenever they demo a skill, it's always looks slow af and don't use optimal supports.

Caliane

PoE1 started out with slower, planned out combat. multiple skills were viable, etc. Power creep turned poe 1 into poe 1. so it could just be a reset like that.
Also, preset builds/gear. clearly gave players test builds, not an optimized farming character. think of every time they show off a new boss, or skill in a league, etc, and the shit build they run, versus when players get their hands on them.