Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know how you failed the time tbh. I fucked off quite a bit, and probably spent like 20 days of in game time fucking off trying to get random encounters to get level 5 before doing stag lord, and still had 20 days left.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how you failed the time tbh. I fucked off quite a bit, and probably spent like 20 days of in game time fucking off trying to get random encounters to get level 5 before doing stag lord, and still had 20 days left.

My cleric got perma-death'd very early and I was forced to rest a ridiculous amount. And, like I said, I was traveling around/resting with absolutely zero regard for the clock because I had no idea I was on a clock (my fault).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sounds more like Fallout, except that the time limit isn't a joke because the game balance is out of whack unless you find some way to sustain healing without resting.

The problem was not using plentiful healthpots and having minimal healing in the group. This causes each rest to take like 3 days because of the slow hp Regen without having your healers spells count during the rest period.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It looks like one of the two authors have added an option to tweak the clock, but I'm not sure how to use the file. There are some vague references by other people who are using it, but I can't get it to work. I know absolutely nothing about modding games to 'cheat.' I've literally never done it.
Have to download the CheatEngine which will load that file after that and should be simple enough to use. I've only used it once a long time ago but it wasn't really complicated, even for figuring out how to modify stuff on your own(have to do it like the old action replays on consoles).

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have to download the CheatEngine which will load that file after that and should be simple enough to use. I've only used it once a long time ago but it wasn't really complicated, even for figuring out how to modify stuff on your own(have to do it like the old action replays on consoles).

Thanks, Pyros. That tool is the piece I was missing. I've tried to download CE from three separate sources and all of them are setting off my antivirus. I guess there are a lot of corners of the internet that prey on and punish the retards who 'hack.'

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Anyone who plays this on a difficulty higher than normal has my utmost admiration. Playing on Challenging and every fight is like getting kicked in the dick, only less pleasant.

Have not seen a game this unforgiving in some time, the early wandering encounter with the slavers was maddening.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks, Pyros. That tool is the piece I was missing. I've tried to download CE from three separate sources and all of them are setting off my antivirus. I guess there are a lot of corners of the internet that prey on and punish the retards who 'hack.'
Not sure what's the official official place, but I think the program will trigger most antiviruses all the time regardless because it's made to scan and edit memory, so it could very well do stuff Viruses do. Pretty sure cheat-engine/cheat-engine is your best bet since it's the open source github page.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Bitslicer is good for mac. Cheat engine is good for windows. All you have to do is scan a specific number, change it by one number, scan, and change again then scan. You will find the specific address to change to whatever you want (1 -> 9999999999). :p

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who plays this on a difficulty higher than normal has my utmost admiration. Playimgnon Challenging and every fight is like getting kicked in the dick, only less pleasant.

Have not seen a game this unforgiving in some time, the early wandering encounter with the slavers was maddening.

No joke. I am playing on a custom difficulty in between Normal and the next up (Challenging I guess?). I die a lot. I got to the Bear Treant and it fucking rekt me at level 2. So I am back to following that gnome guy and now I am in that spider pit. I did remove the whole death requiring resurrection thing though because that would be just a little too punishing for the early game here.

The early party you get can kind of fuck you since the classes you're provided are somewhat shitty. Primarily because you don't have a mage with Color Spray or some of those super useful early stuns. Linzi's Hideous Laughter works okay. I liked that the spider pit is super dark unless you have a character that can cast light or a lantern or something.

Can someone tell me where you can just buy rations or create them somehow? Cooking consuming ingredients but the camp still requiring hunting for rations before you can rest makes zero sense. Also, where can you find a cleric at like, Oleg's to heal death's door and other crippling wounds off?

One more thing. How does Death's Door work? Because my guy will have Death's Door but he still comes back up if he gets hit to 0. I think this is a conflict with my setting for party members coming back up if you win a fight? If it is I'd like to disable that because if they can actually die and need to get ressed with DD I think that would be cool.

All in all loving it. Hitting just the right places with the BGII vibe in that you have to really think on some fights and abuse mechanics here and there to actually be effective. Which was my favorite part about BGII.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I got a pre-order bonus magic item that casts Color Spray 3xday and gave it to Linzi and that has saved my bacon more than anything else. Once I finally got a proper cleric things got a metric fuckton easier thanks to the whole 'burn a spell slot for an AE heal' power.

You can get rations at Oleg's that you can use instead of sending someone to hunt. I am definitely having one character max our their wilderness skill for food gathering purposes however.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't heard anyone else complaining, but it's the alt+# to select characters broken for you guys or am I just unlucky?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Qhue Qhue well that is a fucking bullshit pre-order item lol. Does Oleg sell rations himself? I looked through his wares and I didn't see any.

I only bought the $40 one. But what is the tabletop feature the other versions mentioned btw?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
He does sell rations and I think I got some from his wife after I helped her as well. I may have also grabbed some from the chests upstairs when I got my pre-order stuff, all I know is that I was actually encumbered when the group was only 4 people and yet I couldnt figure out why given that we had only light items like scrolls and potions.... until I saw the stack of 340 pounds of camping gear and rations.

I also got the $40 basic one as the bonus stuff for the others seemed pointless.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No joke. I am playing on a custom difficulty in between Normal and the next up (Challenging I guess?). I die a lot. I got to the Bear Treant and it fucking rekt me at level 2. So I am back to following that gnome guy and now I am in that spider pit. I did remove the whole death requiring resurrection thing though because that would be just a little too punishing for the early game here.

The early party you get can kind of fuck you since the classes you're provided are somewhat shitty. Primarily because you don't have a mage with Color Spray or some of those super useful early stuns. Linzi's Hideous Laughter works okay. I liked that the spider pit is super dark unless you have a character that can cast light or a lantern or something.

Can someone tell me where you can just buy rations or create them somehow? Cooking consuming ingredients but the camp still requiring hunting for rations before you can rest makes zero sense. Also, where can you find a cleric at like, Oleg's to heal death's door and other crippling wounds off?

One more thing. How does Death's Door work? Because my guy will have Death's Door but he still comes back up if he gets hit to 0. I think this is a conflict with my setting for party members coming back up if you win a fight? If it is I'd like to disable that because if they can actually die and need to get ressed with DD I think that would be cool.

All in all loving it. Hitting just the right places with the BGII vibe in that you have to really think on some fights and abuse mechanics here and there to actually be effective. Which was my favorite part about BGII.

Rations are part of camping supplies, swear its like you guys don't read while playing RPGs...
The problem though is they are heavy as fuck, same the 3K to get that bag of holding from Oleg ASAP.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Rations are part of camping supplies, swear its like you guys don't read while playing RPGs...
The problem though is they are heavy as fuck, same the 3K to get that bag of holding from Oleg ASAP.

I must have missed that in the 10 second camping tutorial.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I almost bought this last night because I was so hyped about it, but I read a bunch of the reviews about things being vastly un-tuned despite beta players saying they needed to be fixed. Stuff like random werewolves showing up at level 2 that you will just have to reload after, swarms of spiders that if you don't have good ae you'll just have to reload after and go buy bombs and heal potions and keep reloading until you get it right, bosses you can face at level 2 that you have to buy bombs and heal potions and hope you get a few lucky rolls after you reload dozens of times, etc. None of that sounds particularly polished or fun to me. So they almost got my money once again last night, but I've convinced myself now that I'll just wait until the entire thing, DLCs and all, is out and patched, and on sale. And then I will probably fucking love the game, because just making a character looks awesome to me, and was one of the great parts about playing the Pen & Paper version. I would literally scour all the skills and such at work anticipating what my next level choices would be. It looks like they got all of that right. It is just the rest of the game that needs work, apparently.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users