Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Just a single click. I'm sure it's some stupid bug but I don't want to have to start over.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
How do you heal someone when you are walking around out of combat? Every time I try and heal it just heals the person casting the spell.

I had this exact problem, doing what Harshaw described but it would be self-only, .. after a few days the issue magically resolved itself.

Channel positive energy, I guess.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I started over again, which isn't really that big of a deal since I've never even finished Chapter 1. But I'll be slightly annoyed if yet another bug causes me to have to restart yet again.

If you've got a ton of time to kill, a YouTube channel called Nerd Commander has a fuckload of build videos. I am not a Pathfinder expert by any means, but he seems to be pretty knowledgeable. You have to get over and used to his weird accent, but once you do it seems like his suggestions are pretty solid.

Here's one of them, in case you're too lazy to search. I haven't watched this one to say if it is any good, but this will give you an idea I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I started over again, which isn't really that big of a deal since I've never even finished Chapter 1. But I'll be slightly annoyed if yet another bug causes me to have to restart yet again.

If you've got a ton of time to kill, a YouTube channel called Nerd Commander has a fuckload of build videos. I am not a Pathfinder expert by any means, but he seems to be pretty knowledgeable. You have to get over and used to his weird accent, but once you do it seems like his suggestions are pretty solid.

Here's one of them, in case you're too lazy to search. I haven't watched this one to say if it is any good, but this will give you an idea I guess.

this is nice thanks, look forward to trying some out when this game is unfucked

am getting slightly nervous these guys don't have the chops to fix this

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Despite all the bugs and having to deal with my own negligence that resulted in having to artificially back up my in-game calendar, I'm still playing my original party from release day. I'm level 12 now. The amount of content in this game is quite impressive.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just imagine if this game had shipped with minimal bugs. Game of the decade for me if so, easily. It's still so good that I play it despite the bugs, and even restarted multiple times, sometimes by choice, sometimes to avoid any potential corrupted saves.

It is becoming almost automatic for me to get to Oleg's and edit my gold, create my party, and then edit my gold back down (since it doesn't actually take the full 2k it seems?) and their xp to match mine. I keep pushing the fucking spider swarm fight back each playthrough too, even though I know what to do, simply because it gets vastly easier at level 4 vs. 2, for example.

One nitpick I have is not letting you see the skill progressions of prestige classes. How do I know if I even want to go through the effort of qualifying in the hopes that the skills are what I want? Hmm, I suppose I could cheat in xp and do it that way, but clearly that's not an optimal solution for anyone else that doesn't know/want to edit those files.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just imagine if this game had shipped with minimal bugs. Game of the decade for me if so, easily. It's still so good that I play it despite the bugs, and even restarted multiple times, sometimes by choice, sometimes to avoid any potential corrupted saves.

It is becoming almost automatic for me to get to Oleg's and edit my gold, create my party, and then edit my gold back down (since it doesn't actually take the full 2k it seems?) and their xp to match mine. I keep pushing the fucking spider swarm fight back each playthrough too, even though I know what to do, simply because it gets vastly easier at level 4 vs. 2, for example.

One nitpick I have is not letting you see the skill progressions of prestige classes. How do I know if I even want to go through the effort of qualifying in the hopes that the skills are what I want? Hmm, I suppose I could cheat in xp and do it that way, but clearly that's not an optimal solution for anyone else that doesn't know/want to edit those files.

it's obviously too late now, and it would have been a daunting venture in and of itself, but it would have been great if this game had it's own player's handbook that you could access anytime, especially since this is the first pathfinder CRPG. there's too many rules that are ALMOST like 3.5 but not quite. i hate having to look around the web mid game to try to figure out how the rules work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
it's obviously too late now, and it would have been a daunting venture in and of itself, but it would have been great if this game had it's own player's handbook that you could access anytime, especially since this is the first pathfinder CRPG. there's too many rules that are ALMOST like 3.5 but not quite. i hate having to look around the web mid game to try to figure out how the rules work.
And the rules are modified too, so it's hard to know sometimes. One of my biggest frustrations is "What fucking kind of DR does this thing have"

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And the rules are modified too, so it's hard to know sometimes. One of my biggest frustrations is "What fucking kind of DR does this thing have"

Yeah, I mean if I want to build a character I need to know what feats to build towards. The way they list the feats as is works for what it's supposed to do, but in a general "here's what we have to offer" it's pretty poor

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

editing experience and stats is very easy, it can be done in a few minutes while the game is running

quicksave & save in the first room after making a character

alt tab and go to C:\Users\Punko\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Saved Games

open (don't extract) the quicksave you just made, and open the file "party.json"

search for "experience" and edit the value, save and close the file

return to game and quickload, spend your experience on glorious levels

same thing for stats

gold can be edited in player.json file, look for "money", I had no problems putting it at 900.000ish

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
editing experience and stats is very easy, it can be done in a few minutes while the game is running

quicksave & save in the first room after making a character

alt tab and go to C:\Users\Punko\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Saved Games

open (don't extract) the quicksave you just made, and open the file "party.json"

search for "experience" and edit the value, save and close the file

return to game and quickload, spend your experience on glorious levels

same thing for stats

gold can be edited in player.json file, look for "money", I had no problems putting it at 900.000ish
Thanks for the info, I appreciate you taking the time, and it is good for someone else to see, but I posted how to do it a couple pages ago. Like I said, I still appreciate it, so I'm not trying to be a dick or anything.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Started over because I'm a goddamn psycho who likes to cut himself apparently. Anyway hoping that this time I'll be able to avoid any of the game-ruining bugs and actually get past Chapter 3. I am still really irked that I got to level 10 and then had the whole game shit the bed.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
100% next game I buy.

Could use more races or variants thereof.

No warlocks? I guess not in Pathfinder, too bad.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I won't spoil anything, but I just finished the Lich's dungeon. It was extraordinarily challenging and satisfying once I finished it. Unfortunately, going back to the capitol city after this breaks the game. You enter the city and can do nothing but stand there. You can enter the throne room and move around (haven't checked the tavern), but once you enter, you can't leave.

*Edit*

Yep. Fuck it. I've been super lucky to dodge all of the game-breaking bugs that some of you have encountered, but I've gone back to every possible save and tried to figure out what's stopping me in my tracks and...nothing. At this point I am a little hopeful that a patch will fix it, but I am really close to just abandoning it for a few months.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of bugs (that one clearly sucks, sorry dude), is rogue Finesse Training broken for anyone else?

You get it at like 5 I think the first time, let's you choose a weapon that already qualifies for Weapon Finesse to use your dex for damage now too. Gave it to my rogue and didn't really pay attention until later, and saw that it was still taking my strength penalty for the damage adjustment, not my dex bonus. Made sure it wasn't just something funny with the weapon (daggers btw, so clearly works with these feats), nope still wrong. Equip an agile weapon, which does the same exact thing but only for that one specific weapon, and it works great. So the mechanic is clearly there, but that feat isn't working properly for me. Really sucks getting -2 to damage all the time. Sure, I get 3d6 sneak attack, but I should also be getting +6 on my attack rolls (not sure if it gets halved for Two Weapon Fighting, but the penalty definitely isn't getting halved down to -1, which might be another bug?). That's an 8 point swing every time he hits, and that blows.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep. I've avoided the forums and looking in to bugs because my experience until my most recent game-ender was relatively fun. I guess I avoided it because ignorance is bliss to some extent. Now that my game is stalled I've been visiting various forums and the game is far more riddled with bugs than I thought. There are a lot of mechanics like the one that you pointed out that are not working correctly.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of bugs (that one clearly sucks, sorry dude), is rogue Finesse Training broken for anyone else?

You get it at like 5 I think the first time, let's you choose a weapon that already qualifies for Weapon Finesse to use your dex for damage now too. Gave it to my rogue and didn't really pay attention until later, and saw that it was still taking my strength penalty for the damage adjustment, not my dex bonus. Made sure it wasn't just something funny with the weapon (daggers btw, so clearly works with these feats), nope still wrong. Equip an agile weapon, which does the same exact thing but only for that one specific weapon, and it works great. So the mechanic is clearly there, but that feat isn't working properly for me. Really sucks getting -2 to damage all the time. Sure, I get 3d6 sneak attack, but I should also be getting +6 on my attack rolls (not sure if it gets halved for Two Weapon Fighting, but the penalty definitely isn't getting halved down to -1, which might be another bug?). That's an 8 point swing every time he hits, and that blows.

Finesse broke on Hotfix 3 or 4, and people have been begging them to fix it since it seems like it should be a straightforward one, but alas, tis not to be so.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Okay so I'm going to try a 4 man group instead of 6 with the setting for xp set that people not in the party don't get xp. That way my 4 will level faster. Going to do all custom. Aasimar bard neutral evil main character, dwarf fighter basically going the same route as Valerie, goblin rogue in the tank build, and then a cleric that i might try to go mystic theurge on with 3 levels of wizard.

What problems am i going to have?