Pathfinder - Pen and Paper RPG Books

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Ranger
Cleric
Fighter
Summoner
Bard

edit: Been reading through the modules and this game goes up to nearly epic levels in kind of a short time. We will definitely be breezing through the first module with everyone's gear. Second module will introduce mythic levels because it gets substantially harder.

edit 2: Looks like we may have a Brawler.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Posted up my character on the Roll20 site. If those of you with more experience want to look it over and see if I did anything blatantly stupid, I'd appreciate it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I didn't really see anything jump out at me except that we are not doing Mythic yet Kuriin said.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I took out all of the special abilities from it except for the base one that you get simply for clicking the Mythic box, which is the Surge one I believe. I just won't use it, obviously, until he implements it.

Thanks for looking it over.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Wouldnt mind joining if I knew I could make the times. Id probably roll up a something similar to the Diablo 2 necro. 2 levels of fighter and the rest a necromancy sorcerer/caster type that used a scythe.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
The advanced player guide offers Animal Shaman builds that are solid in combat and you keep your spell progression.
Has anyone done a Wildshape-focused Druid in Pathfinder?

I have no problem with Druids, just talking about Wildshape, it just seems a bit awful at lower levels until you're able to drop like 50k on a specific set of items for focusing on it. I'm just curious if I'm reading it wrong.

It just looks like you'll be rocking around a 15ish AC in critter form at levels 4-8ish? That just seems like you'll be destroyed if anything decides to turn its attention to you, which it may when you're a large critter nibbling on it.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
I love Pathfinder but not all changer are for the better and here is a few examples of what I don't like. They took Archery which was already broken and made it even more so,now mini shot is not a full round action, and you can pick a feat which allows you to apply the total damage of all your arrows to a targets DR. I also am not fond of more healing such as with clerics free channels or paladin LOH what the game needed was less forms of healing so that no one ever has to play the role of heal bitch again.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I love Pathfinder but not all changer are for the better and here is a few examples of what I don't like. They took Archery which was already broken and made it even more so,now mini shot is not a full round action, and you can pick a feat which allows you to apply the total damage of all your arrows to a targets DR. I also am not fond of more healing such as with clerics free channels or paladin LOH what the game needed was less forms of healing so that no one ever has to play the role of heal bitch again.
You would need to redesign the system entirely to get rid of heal-bitches. Either action economy changes, like 4e, or totally different damage systems, like say Warhammer Fantasy 3rd.

By giving more classes more heals, like in Pathfinder, I think the hope was to make it so that groups wouldn't be chained to "You must have a cleric that does nothing but stand around healing everyone else". It helps, but not as well as if they made real changes to the fundamentally flawed system.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The channels free's up clerics to cast spells other than healing. It was most definitely a change for the better. Zhaun already explained it better, but yes that was the hope.

I have not played Warhammer 3rd but I definitely liked how deadly 2nd edition was.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The channels free's up clerics to cast spells other than healing. It was most definitely a change for the better. Zhaun already explained it better, but yes that was the hope.

I have not played Warhammer 3rd but I definitely liked how deadly 2nd edition was.
I love 3rd to death, one of my favorites. It is still deadly, just in slightly different ways. After an ugly fight you can be laid up for days, maybe weeks if you're unlucky enough, depending on resources.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
I am sure that was the plan but as a GM its my job to create a challenge and if the group has more healing that challenge is ether focus on the healer every combat or send in even more monsters.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I am sure that was the plan but as a GM its my job to create a challenge and if the group has more healing that challenge is ether focus on the healer every combat or send in even more monsters.
"Healbitch" is an inherent flaw of pre-4e D&D/Pathfinder really. The solution is to play something else really.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Well if no one wants to play a cleric because they don't want to be a heal slave that is an even bigger problem.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
Some of my friends will now only play 4th edition and some only Pathfinder, I have played them both and i much prefer Pathfinder. It seems that those that really love to tinker with there characters prefer Pathfinder/3.5. The truth is though if you have a top notch DM the system does not make any difference so I put most of my efforts into improving in that department speaking of which here is a link to a guide that I think will make anyone a better GM.
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...K5Gvgq8AwYimSM

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think there is so much more to play with in 4e characters. Especially when you can have multiple of the same class at the table and all be quite different. Also the classes are all fun, instead of only some of them...

Eh, whatever, I don't understand why people play Pathfinder over other options.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I certainly prefer Pathfinder to 4th edition. Their Adventure Paths are pretty amazing. I own many 4th edition and Pathfinder books and I think the Paizo stuff is far better quality.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Right now im playing in a 3.5 D&D game with a group I hooked up with over Craigslist ironically. The DM is by far the most AMAZING DM I have ever seen. He has been running the same world for over 17 years and had multiple campaigns run through it. I can tell you a great DM can make any system amazing. Its all about the story telling and being a bit flexible with the rules.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm very excited. Hopefully I'll be /nearly/ as good as a GM I've had for several years. I've already got numerous "boss" battles planned in store for mythic leveling.

edit: BTW, Himeo, still need your character sheet.
smile.png