Pathfinder - Pen and Paper RPG Books

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That day and time works for me. I'll have more of a chance to look stuff over tonight and this weekend so I'll be able to give you a better idea of what kind of character I'm choosing. I prefer melee though, usually tankish or non-rogue damage types. Not saying that is what I'll pick, but that's my habit. I'm not much of a spellcaster or healer really, but I have no clue what classes are available either, maybe something will grab my interest.

I'll probably buy HeroLab just to save myself a lot of stumbling over the rules too.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think I have a good spreadsheet that auto calculates these things so I will avoid paying 50 bucks for a program. Seems kind of like a rip off to me.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just FYI for classes:

We have someone interested in ranger
We have someone interested in cleric (Himeo)
We have someone MAYBE interested in paladin or bard

I want to also preface to people that this is aHORRORcampaign. Werewolves, vampires, undead, etc.

edit: One of the players in California can't start until 630 due to work. If that's ok with everyone, lets go ahead and just stick with 630. I think someone mentioned they can only go until 10pm?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think i posted 10 as a general rule but I can go until 11 or so..i get up at 5:30am though so not any later.

Also I had kind of planned to play a Fighter of some type but could play a caster.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Any specifics I need to worry about on the HeroLab settings? Stuff like Firearm Availability, Mythic Flaws, Unrestricted Traits & Drawbacks, Advancement Speed, Ultimate Familiars, etc? Not sure if any of those add things to creation that I shouldn't be touching, so would rather start off with the correct settings.

EDIT: Also assuming that all those "Playtest" classes aren't valid choices, correct?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
No and no. No drawbacks, advancement will be medium.

This will not be like Everquest in which classes and races get exp penalized. When one player levels, everyone levels.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Don't worry about mythicing your character yet. No flaws necessary.

Btw vvoid if you want, we can meet in the game so I can give some tips.

Yes to question regarding tests. Should just be cleric Druid inquisitor paladin alchemist etc etcetera
smile.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, I can't even find that Yokai race you mentioned earlier.

If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind verifying the settings I have checked (they all defaulted to this)? Didn't include pics of the Inner Sea one, and all the greyed out stuff I can't pick, and all the optional rules at the end. Seems like these should be the majority of the important settings.

rrr_img_67274.jpg
rrr_img_67275.jpg
rrr_img_67276.jpg
rrr_img_67277.jpg
rrr_img_67278.jpg

As an aside, Summoner actually sounds kind of cool even though I'm not usually into casters much. Sounds like an EQ mage, set it and go afk! I have no real fucking clue what I'm doing yet though. Is this similar to some of the D&D versions where you can pick various classes each time you level, or do you stick with one until you get to Prestige classes?

EDIT: I can't meet up in game right now, at work, but perhaps later if I need some more help. Thanks!

Also unchecked the Playtest setting based on your previous edit.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I have played a summoner. They are similar to an EQ mage, badass pet, caster lite. Fun class.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Uncheck mythic flaws. We won't be messing with flaws and drawbacks. I'm at the dentist right now, when I get to a computer, I'll be more of service.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Is this similar to some of the D&D versions where you can pick various classes each time you level, or do you stick with one until you get to Prestige classes?
It's D&D 3.5 with cleaner rules and better support.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have played a summoner. They are similar to an EQ mage, badass pet, caster lite. Fun class.
Half elf Summoner is so badass, make a biped for charge+pounce/rake etc for insane first round damage or Humanoid and both use spears and shields forming your own mini wall of death.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What if I'm a noob, am I still allowed? I have read all the rules but never played a tabletop. If you prefer non-noobs it's ok, I won't be offended.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm allowing people who are noobs. It's meant to be a fun but challenging with plenty of rp.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Vvoid is new also. Kurrin is a great lover of his fellow man, I am sure you would be welcomed.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
With Noodle, we will be all full. Join the campaign on roll20. Make your character. Let me know if you plan on doing rolls so I can be there to verify. Our first scheduled game will be next Thursday at 630pm PST.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
At fedex atm. Will help you when I get home. Picking up the modules for the campaign.
smile.png