Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

faille

Molten Core Raider
Everytime I learn something new about this game I realise every decision I have made up until that point has been incorrect!

Saying that, It seems that 80% of the fights are just trash you can diablo your way through, 15% are ones you actually need to do some planning and micro, and 5% are ones that you have brought the wrong party or specced them badly and take a lot of retries to get through. of course, that could be just my experience!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well finally reached Mythic rank 3 and became a Demon, to add some flavor to my chaotic evil sword saint. There's a few party member I don't expect to stay with me till the end at this rate. They already had issues with me because of some decisions I've made so far, I think they are just squirmish...becoming a demon didn't seem to improve their disposition toward me.

Oh well what can I do, it's so fun being evil. :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was gonna go Angel but then realized all the party members I really like are Neutral or Evil and so went with Azata instead.

I do want to do an Aeon playthrough tough as I dig the visual imagery

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Because of the implied, X party member will leave if you choose Mythic Path of Y Alignment, I was looking through mine. I realized that there is practically nobody evil, just Daeran. I don't know if he decides to leave if you go Angel? Meanwhile I know for sure that Camellia will leave over Chaotic (I assume Regill too, but I haven't read anyone say that yet), and Seelah will leave for Evil. And EVERYONE leaves for Swarm that Walks.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The chatty dragon you get for Azata is a hoot. I feel like I should be a Druid or a Bard with this Mythic Path, but I guess I'm just a hippie alchemist instead making love bombs.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because of the implied, X party member will leave if you choose Mythic Path of Y Alignment, I was looking through mine. I realized that there is practically nobody evil, just Daeran. I don't know if he decides to leave if you go Angel? Meanwhile I know for sure that Camellia will leave over Chaotic (I assume Regill too, but I haven't read anyone say that yet), and Seelah will leave for Evil. And EVERYONE leaves for Swarm that Walks.

I'm midway through chapter 3 as Angel and no one has left or even talked back (much), although I just went and got the final companion (Wendaug (Evil)).

I played Lich till the middle of chapter 3, in beta, and no one had left yet, but people were upset.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I'm midway through chapter 3 as Angel and no one has left or even talked back (much), although I just went and got the final companion (Wendaug (Evil)).

I played Lich till the middle of chapter 3, in beta, and no one had left yet, but people were upset.
People don't leave until Mythic 8 when you "finalize" your choice. Also you can get her later after choosing Lann at the beginning? I did not know this.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If I can get some crit on Seelah, I think I've got exactly what I want rolling for a first play thru.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Anyone in Act 4? Is this the outcome the beta ended in Act 3 or is this meant to be like this (don't want to spoiler people)? Jesus that game went from 90% to "not sure if I finish this" for me.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I’m not sure what I am doing wrong but after the Drezen section and getting Mythic 3…everywhere I am going I way way more difficult than anything I’ve done before. I tried doing 4 different quests on the map, and monsters were 6-10 levels higher than me and were killing individual party member in 1 round. This is on normal difficulty, I’m level 8 or 9 right now. As I said I barely had any issue till now, and can’t seem to find any area or quest i can complete right now.

Burns

Well I’m not sure what I am doing wrong but after the Drezen section and getting Mythic 3…everywhere I am going I way way more difficult than anything I’ve done before. I tried doing 4 different quests on the map, and monsters were 6-10 levels higher than me and were killing individual party member in 1 round. This is on normal difficulty, I’m level 8 or 9 right now. As I said I barely had any issue till now, and can’t seem to find any area or quest i can complete right now.

It is kind of the nature of the game. Some stuff is spread out and the level of the area isn't necessarily tied to closeness to base. Many POI need you to drive by it (distance depends on perception) for it to pop up on your map.

I am a bit fuzzy on the level ranges, but you should be able to get to Greengate, right off. Then maybe, do woljif's quest up north and poke your nose into a few things along the way. I think you can also just do the village at Wintersun, and not clear the rest of the map (at a lower level than the rest of the zone).

That should lead you on the main quest line, which is actually less difficult (depending on how you play the dialog) than half the map in Wintersun. Alternatively, you may be able to do the Desolate Hovel (down south) as soon as you get the marker on your map, and it is good xp too.

When I got into chapter 3, my army was trailing behind, because I chose to spend all my resources on +materials instead of +troops. This left me waiting for the week to end, a few times to get more troops.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It is kind of the nature of the game. Some stuff is spread out and the level of the area isn't necessarily tied to closeness to base. Many POI need you to drive by it (distance depends on perception) for it to pop up on your map.

I am a bit fuzzy on the level ranges, but you should be able to get to Greengate, right off. Then maybe, do woljif's quest up north and poke your nose into a few things along the way. I think you can also just do the village at Wintersun, and not clear the rest of the map (at a lower level than the rest of the zone).

That should lead you on the main quest line, which is actually less difficult (depending on how you play the dialog) than half the map in Wintersun. Alternatively, you may be able to do the Desolate Hovel (down south) as soon as you get the marker on your map, and it is good xp too.

When I got into chapter 3, my army was trailing behind, because I chose to spend all my resources on +materials instead of +troops. This left me waiting for the week to end, a few times to get more troops.

Thanks a lot, I was able to complete a few quest rather easily, I guess I got unlucky and tried all the wrong ones first. I'm making progress again. :)

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I know it's the nature of the title, but fuck these Demons and their 25+ spell resistance on trash + dominate / mind fuck spells along with 32 AC and displacement.

Thank the maker for Mythic powers that at least let my tank, who seems to get instagibbed by anything, stay on their feet after dropping below 0 hit points. The AI just keeps beating on her even though she's effectively dead already.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
do mods disable steam achievements? I couldn't take pressing tab every couple of seconds any more and installed two mods. Toy Box to toggle on the loot highlighting (hopefully they'll find a way to disable party highlighting in the future but it'll do for now). But most importantly, Visual Adjustments to change of that butch dyke Seelah's tranny portrait and woke voice.
Also why can't you change your own portrait mid game, only when you create one? Had to use Toy Box for that as well. Little things like that annoy me so much.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
There is a box you have to check in Toybox to allow achievements in steam. first tab I believe.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

First run on Normal with a Lawful Good
archer Slayer Deliverer on Angel mythic path.

Party is all custom mercs, 2 ranged Slayer, 2 melee Slayer, Sylvan Sorcerer, Nature Cleric.

If you do custom mercs I'd suggest buying them exactly after you level up. And before level 4 or so or they get absurdly expensive. Even if you don't immediately use them buy them early

Pets are so good btw with gear and feats. At level 12 is easy to get pair of Leopards close to 50AC with with just Mage armor.

Also give pets 1 Int so they can take Outflank.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

First run is on Normal and it's almost too easy. Gonna do second run on Core with one of these two builds.

One is insane DR tank with life regen:

Other is a Vital Strike build that can do 3k damage in one hit:

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users