Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of voices, and not to totally spoil anything, I finally got to the part that explains why Camillia (sp) says the shit she says when she attacks someone. I just figured it was some obscure thing somebody came up with, but nope, it totally makes sense now...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Concur with voice acting. Wish more games went with more of a "drama" VA bent than "badly dubbed Anime" voice acting.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Nenio and Daeran are both party members I can't fuckin' stand. Not because of the voice actors, but because of their personalities. Nenio is an autistic faggot that doesn't care about anything but "science", to the point she doesn't even know her race/identity. And Daeran is a snobbish prick.

The true P I M P is Regill. Wuljif cracks me up sometimes too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Clearly you are not abusing the ancient powers of tripping enough to defeat the Demons of the Abyss.

Having a pet with 3x attacks a round that trips everything constantly is some lol shit.

Like 90% of mobs are poison immune. Don't bother.

Oh, my pets trip the shit out of all the trash, then take 11 attacks in dragon form, and if those poor demons aren't dead yet and try to stand up, 5 characters (2 with reach) take attacks of opportunity on on each.

Unfortunately, the boss fights are immune to all that shit and 1 round everything. So, instead, the Angel nuke still does 125+ dmg when it is "resisted" and the Kineticist AoE does even more (it also 1 rounds any of my party, just for looking at it funny).

I finally made it to level 20 yesterday and fully buffed pets are still the MVPs (outside of boss fights). Strangely enough, out of a Wolf, Boar, and Leopard, the Leopard ended up with best AC.

(Brown Fur Transmuter adds 2 stats to each buff, so Dragon III gives 14 Str/ 12 Con, Legendary Proportion gives 10 str / 6 con, and all the enhancements give 6)
(Angel gives everyone Displacement buff and a immunity to fatigue / exhaustion / sickened / nauseated /disease / poison buff for 24h)
20210918222751_1.jpg

20210918221341_1.jpg

20210918221351_1.jpg
20210918221317_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Shmoopy

I finally made it to level 20 yesterday and fully buffed pets are still the MVPs (outside of boss fights). Strangely enough, out of a Wolf, Boar, and Leopard, the Leopard ended up with best AC.

Yeah AFAIK the leopard has always had the highest AC even in Kingmaker. Due to their dex putting barding on lowers AC (at least from the barding i have found so far).

Burns

Yeah AFAIK the leopard has always had the highest AC even in Kingmaker. Due to their dex putting barding on lowers AC (at least from the barding i have found so far).

There are a few late game bardings that look good, but I am not sure they are worth it.

• One light barding that gives 7ac with 6 max dex and 1 min of Winds of Vengeance spell on hits higher than 30. That's a powerful level 9 divine defensive that can knockdown attackers.
  • One heavy barding that gives 14ac with 1 max dex, 10d6 on charge, and immunity to stun/stagger.

I don't use any barding on the cat, but both the others can use light/medium.

• 1Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm level 11 now and my biggest problem is that I can't hit anything for shit and I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm buffing / debuffing as much as I can but killing anything takes forever. Its just a huge miss-fest. Thankfully even with me borking that meat shield build I'm still pretty much unkillable so eventuallyI can get through most fights.. Its just a slog.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm level 11 now and my biggest problem is that I can't hit anything for shit and I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm buffing / debuffing as much as I can but killing anything takes forever. Its just a huge miss-fest. Thankfully even with me borking that meat shield build I'm still pretty much unkillable so eventuallyI can get through most fights.. Its just a slog.
The amount of "critical misses" are insane. Something is seriously fucky with their RNG. Most things need a 19 or 20 to hit my horse companion and 3 Vrocks "1 rounded" him. On all their swings, they only missed twice. And while I would just chock most things up to a small sample size, it happens fucking constantly. This one just stood out because it was one of those, "No fuckin' shot!" type of moments. But, he's consistently getting hit on what should be a 90% miss chance.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
What difficulty are you playing on? What class are you playing?

I'm playing on core right now, and I literally just finally finished Act 1 10 minutes ago. There were some fights that were difficult, like the bird demon in the market, and another one in the gray keep, but if that difficulty at least seem challenging enough while I'm learning the game.

I really am enjoying the game though. I haven't sat down to invest a good number of hours into a crpg and a long time, and this one's really scratching the itch. I do notice that any of my range characters, other than Lann who is a murder machine, miss pretty often. I've also been Auto leveling most of the companions, and I might go back and try to respect them once I get a better grasp of the mechanics.

It's still a lot of fun and there's enough of a challenge when I get caught off my guard that's keeping me excited to continue playing. Thinking about ramping up the difficulty another notch now that I'm in Act 2 and see how that goes.

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
The amount of "critical misses" are insane. Something is seriously fucky with their RNG. Most things need a 19 or 20 to hit my horse companion and 3 Vrocks "1 rounded" him. On all their swings, they only missed twice. And while I would just chock most things up to a small sample size, it happens fucking constantly. This one just stood out because it was one of those, "No fuckin' shot!" type of moments. But, he's consistently getting hit on what should be a 90% miss chance.

This is what makes Ember so powerful, with Protective Luck and Cackle. If they need a 20 to hit, it turns a 1 in 20 chance to hit you into a 1 in 400 chance. The chance for them to crit becomes 1 in 160,000.
What difficulty are you playing on? What class are you playing?

I'm playing on core right now, and I literally just finally finished Act 1 10 minutes ago. There were some fights that were difficult, like the bird demon in the market, and another one in the gray keep, but if that difficulty at least seem challenging enough while I'm learning the game.

I really am enjoying the game though. I haven't sat down to invest a good number of hours into a crpg and a long time, and this one's really scratching the itch. I do notice that any of my range characters, other than Lann who is a murder machine, miss pretty often. I've also been Auto leveling most of the companions, and I might go back and try to respect them once I get a better grasp of the mechanics.

It's still a lot of fun and there's enough of a challenge when I get caught off my guard that's keeping me excited to continue playing. Thinking about ramping up the difficulty another notch now that I'm in Act 2 and see how that goes.
Yeah Lann and Arushalae seem to get very streaky with hits.

Next playthrough I will build someone with the Mythic ability "always a chance" and stack to hit as much as possible. I rolled a nat 1? Too bad, I still hit.

• 2Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Stuff has pretty high AC on higher difficulties and you will quickly hit a brick wall where you can't hit anything if you're not maxing out attack bonuses. On Hard you basically can't dual wield because the -2 to attack is fatal and you need to stack all the bonuses you can find. About halfway through A2 on Hard at around level 7 you will hit a boss with AC 35, SR 26, and fast healing. A full BAB class with +5 to their attack stat isn't even close to being able to hit it unbuffed, you need to stack Heroism/Bard Song/stat buffs/Haste on top of that to have a chance. If you've been dicking around taking caster levels that don't give BAB on your companions, even with buffs you won't be able to touch it at all.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Taking second spirit and then stone gets me what I wanna try on Camelia. After much scouring and neckbearding. Dont have to take combat expertise and can roid dex for agile maneuvers feat on trips. Now all I need is some clever way of getting hasted on a divine caster. Add mystic theurge? Loremaster? I dk.

Last edited:

Burns

Taking second spirit and then stone gets me what I wanna try on Camelia. After much scouring and neckbearding. Dont have to take combat expertise and can roid dex for agile maneuvers feat on trips. Now all I need is some clever way of getting hasted on a divine caster. Add mystic theurge? I dk.

If they ever fix Loremaster, it should have the option to pick an arcane spell. Otherwise, look through the priest domains, and oracle mysteries.

Or do you mean getting Cam to cast haste? Then that would be more difficult. Why are you not going to use an arcane caster? Woljif, Ember, and Nenio should all be able to caste Haste. Alchemists can also cast haste, if you want to respec into a bombardier or vivisectionist.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Cam has enough going on with being an enduring buffer/dexxer/future trip stuff.

I have the angelfire apostle and looking at mystic theurge on him down the road (when I can get Sunbeam and haste together). Figure he needs something to do sometimes rather than wait to heal after buff and engage. Might as well have some non type damage from disintegrate (share focus from evoke to transmutation talent here) and the sun spells (adding selective metamagic with favorite meta as selective to keep the spell lvl down).

Abundant casting mythic feat doesnt appear to apply to both of the classes tho (thassilonian transmute wiz was taken second). Might be a bug.

Looks like hes gonna do 5 angelfire apostle, 3 thassilonian wizard, rest in mystic theurge. Gotta shift int/wis around and then make CHA the last I dump into.

Last edited:

Burns

Cam has enough going on with being an enduring buffer/dexxer/future trip stuff.

I have the angelfire apostle and looking at mystic theurge on him down the road (when I can get Sunbeam and haste together). Figure he needs something to do sometimes rather than wait to heal after buff and engage. Might as well have some non type damage from disintegrate (share focus from evoke to transmutation talent here) and the sun spells (adding selective metamagic with favorite meta as selective to keep the spell lvl down).

Abundant casting mythic feat doesnt appear to apply to both of the classes tho (thassilonian transmute wiz was taken second). Might be a bug.

Looks like hes gonna do 5 angelfire apostle, 3 thassilonian wizard, rest in mystic theurge. Gotta shift int/wis around and then make CHA the last I dump into.
Multiclassing casters is usually not worth it, outside of some specific cases. You give up too much to to do it.

Mystic Thurg is 3 levels behind in its first class and way behind in the second, which means you get new spell levels slower when the power of spells ramps up exponentially. Pure Divine casters get pretty good nukes if you build them right and, for example, it is better to have access to a couple level 5 spells, at level 9, instead of a bunch of low level arcane spells and not getting level 5 spells untill level 12.

Divine casters can usually melee decently well, with their self buffs. Oracles with the Combat mystery get some important melee talents for free. Cleric Crusader gets a whole mess of extra feats. Slap a reach weapon (Fauchard or Glave) on them, and they can, mostly, stay outta harms way while being in touch range to heal your front line. Crusader even get enough feats to shoot a bow and not miss every shot.

Arcane has more options to multiclass. With melee sorc taking a level for monk for AC, then Dragon Disc to get free AC and STR, then full Eldritch knight to use dragon form late game. Small dip into Loremaster looks great, if it ever gets fixed. Then, finally, 1 level in Vivisectionist/rogue is worth it on a nuke wizard to go full Arcane Trickster.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The degree to which my people get one-shot is insane. My main tank has an AC of 46 and will still get annihilated in one round of combat owing to the demons having like 6+ melee attacks and never missing.

My main combat strategy now is to just combat rez the tank over and over since the demons still focus fire her even when she's barely on her feet. She goes down and Lann rezzes her again next round.

Wizards are somewhat gimped this time around since everything has spell resistance and elemental resistance. Even giving Nenio the most spell penetration I can manage and letting her ignore elemental fire resis using Mythic talent she still struggles to hurt these fools.

I'm starting to think something may be off with their save logic because my main Grenadier will hit a fool for 45+ but if they save they get hit for 6...

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm starting to think something may be off with their save logic because my main Grenadier will hit a fool for 45+ but if they save they get hit for 6...

That's specific to grenades, splash damage does the minimum possible damage, and saving halves that.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The degree to which my people get one-shot is insane. My main tank has an AC of 46 and will still get annihilated in one round of combat owing to the demons having like 6+ melee attacks and never missing.

My main combat strategy now is to just combat rez the tank over and over since the demons still focus fire her even when she's barely on her feet. She goes down and Lann rezzes her again next round.

Wizards are somewhat gimped this time around since everything has spell resistance and elemental resistance. Even giving Nenio the most spell penetration I can manage and letting her ignore elemental fire resis using Mythic talent she still struggles to hurt these fools.

Yeah, casters are pretty useless. The main thing you need from them is Haste which is actually kind of a pain since out of all the companions, only Nenio and Woljif can actually cast it. Both are almost completely useless at everything else, Nenio for being a caster and Woljif because it's dual-wielding on top of 3/4 BAB which means he can't hit anything.

• 1Solidarity