Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So, I went Gold Dragon, and have never been offered my Mythic 9 quest. Hal never spawned in Drezen (or Kenabres) so it looks like I am stuck completing the game at Mythic 8. I have done everything in Act 5 but Iz and Nenio's quest (which I am doing now). Goddamn shame, I really wanted to turn into a dragon :(

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, I went Gold Dragon, and have never been offered my Mythic 9 quest. Hal never spawned in Drezen (or Kenabres) so it looks like I am stuck completing the game at Mythic 8. I have done everything in Act 5 but Iz and Nenio's quest (which I am doing now). Goddamn shame, I really wanted to turn into a dragon :(

Gold dragon looked like it was really good for a melee character (especially trickster with it's hidden feats), but not so much for a caster.

I guess that was one of the bugs I hit, but I don't remember exactly what happened. All I can recall is that I was not given the option to choose Gold Dragon, so I reloaded a the save when I was in the Inn, before the final battle of the chapter 5 intro. Went through it again and it gave me the option the second time.

Edit: Reread your post, (Small chapter 5 spoiler) I think Iz is where you get 9. It is not the end of the game but close (well, you may be able to go there first, in chapter 5, then do everything else, but I didnt do that either).

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
A3 mob getting tore up

1632621385065.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When do things start cooking? I barely made it out of Act I and its kind of slow going. The character creation and learning the different ways to make a character is awesome but I feel like a gimp.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
It doesnt really start until act 3. Act 1 is basically tutorial and act 2 is prologue

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It doesnt really start until act 3. Act 1 is basically tutorial and act 2 is prologue
I saw a video the other day of one of current content creators on YouTube doing an act review for their favorites.

They basically said Act 2 is your tutorial for the crusade army management system. Is that true?

I just got to the second act and I've spent an hour or so talking with all the people on the camp.

Witless

Trakanon Raider
I saw a video the other day of one of current content creators on YouTube doing an act review for their favorites.

They basically said Act 2 is your tutorial for the crusade army management system. Is that true?

I just got to the second act and I've spent an hour or so talking with all the people on the camp.
Correct, Act 2 is the crusade tutorial. After playing around with the crusade portion of the game I downloaded this mod and turned on the auto win function within the mod. My understanding is using the auto crusade function that comes with the game means you miss out on some side quests. Where if you use the mod, you still auto win, but can set it to where you still get the side quests.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Correct, Act 2 is the crusade tutorial. After playing around with the crusade portion of the game I downloaded this mod and turned on the auto win function within the mod. My understanding is using the auto crusade function that comes with the game means you miss out on some side quests. Where if you use the mod, you still auto win, but can set it to where you still get the side quests.
Thank you, sir.

I know some folks have said that the army portion of the game sometimes gets annoying or tedious. I was probably going to sit down and play a couple of hours this evening, I would imagine get to something with the army management.

My guess is I'll probably get annoyed at some point, so I appreciate you posting that mod.

Are there any other essential mods floating around out there?

I know there is the weapon focus one, and then I grabbed toy box to get rid of the carry weight bullshit.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I was thinking of using that caster dagger you get real early (DC save 1 one) and an open hand on my wizard with this talent which it looks like he can get

1632713232631.png

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I was thinking of using that caster dagger you get real early (DC save 1 one) and an open hand on my wizard with this talent which it looks like he can get

View attachment 374532
I just got to act 3 but I'm not sure it would be worth it beyond Act 2, honestly. At higher levels I don't think there are going to be many demons shooting arrows at you. It'll all be spells or special abilities which this doesn't do anything against. I could be wrong though since I haven't gotten that far in the game.

You are a caster though. You shouldn't be put in a situation where archers are going to shoot at you. Even if you were, you have mirror image, displacement, improved invisibility, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I want to fuck around with Toybox to figure out different builds, including mythic, but I can't figure out how to just make it so I get enough XP for all the levels and just pick my shit as I level up my character.

Party Editor seems to boost your level, but then you don't get to pick stuff via normal power up. Any idea on how to do it?

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I just got to act 3 but I'm not sure it would be worth it beyond Act 2, honestly. At higher levels I don't think there are going to be many demons shooting arrows at you. It'll all be spells or special abilities which this doesn't do anything against. I could be wrong though since I haven't gotten that far in the game.

You are a caster though. You shouldn't be put in a situation where archers are going to shoot at you. Even if you were, you have mirror image, displacement, improved invisibility, etc.
Succubi fire arrows at you throughout, and there are some other archers from the non demons.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah I just ran into a few annoying ones is why I started thinking about it. He's full fireballs too and I have an open hand. Seems strong if I'm doing that.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There are caster staves that increase your caster level or otherwise buff spells that will be better to use. I think you start getting them in chapter 2.

To defend against arrows, you should self buff your caster with arcane armor, shield, mirror image, etc., at all times.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There are caster staves that increase your caster level or otherwise buff spells that will be better to use. I think you start getting them in chapter 2.

To defend against arrows, you should self buff your caster with arcane armor, shield, mirror image, etc., at all times.

Ya I fucked myself out of one of the staffs, roll I shoulda made all day too

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There are quite a few builds which the rules happily support that are abjectly terrible for this game.

You need to keep in mind that your main fight is against demons/outsiders and plan accordingly.

It's also super annoying to get amazing weapons late in the game which no one in the group can effectively use owing to the investment in focus/specialization

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There are quite a few builds which the rules happily support that are abjectly terrible for this game.

You need to keep in mind that your main fight is against demons/outsiders and plan accordingly.

It's also super annoying to get amazing weapons late in the game which no one in the group can effectively use owing to the investment in focus/specialization

Yeah ohhh cooool a +4 meteor hammer nunchaku... Hummmmm.

Similar boat right now as I have a +3 estoc to switch to my main. Idk if I'm down doing that whole Respec just to go back next rapier I find. It is what it is.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There is something I am missing about the army part of this. I recruited an army and I have been wrecking the lower level demon armies. As soon as i come across a 5+ demon army they absolutely blow up my armies. Often before I even start my turn half my army is dead.

Also how do I recruit more troops? Do I need to be at Kenebras? Seems to really limit me how much I can recruit for the other armies. It also keeps starting new crusader armies...which is annoying.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Theres a troop recruitment icon on the lower left corner next to all the other icons. If two armies are on the same space, there is a small transfer button that appears next to the army name so you can transfer troops between them.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Theres a troop recruitment icon on the lower left corner next to all the other icons. If two armies are on the same space, there is a small transfer button that appears next to the army name so you can transfer troops between them.
Yeah I did see that but it seems like it doesn't always allow me to recruit there or it gives me some random really expensive troops.