Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God damn right.

My first playthrough is not going to even bother with that pussy Mythic Path shit though. The kingdom will be saved by a hero who is but a man.

Currently, you don't have a choice. In order to proceed, to open a door near the end of chapter 2, you must level up to Mythic 3. I think there is going to be a bunch of quests and kingdom things associated with it (I saw a few things in chapter 3 related to it, but I didn't start them, and the kingdom & army side looks like it is still mostly NYI).

Also, (probably starting in chapter 3) you will be hitting enemy's that are also mythic path and would own your face (hence the Aeon's ability to suppress it in enemies).

In chapter 2, since he is evil, you can attack the mythic 3+ Lich that will teach you the path (or miss the path altogether if your not exploring things). Of course he quickly owned my level 7 good party's face in around 4 rounds.

Burns

The kickstarter said you didn't have to go mythic.

Strange.

I guess there was some related dialog at the end of the tutorial. So maybe you have to pick a different dialog choice at the start, and it only forces you to go to mythic 3 if you already have at least mythic 1 leveled. Ill run though the beginning again and check.

Burns

I reran the beginning of the game and there was no choice to refuse the pre-mythic stuff you find. I loaded an old game shortly before getting the first mythic point, and I didn't see a way to refuse it, either. So, I will have to file it under not yet implemented, or I missed something in between, and would need to play almost all of chapter 2 again.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You still can get beta access but it’s going to cost $114.
I'm not entirely sure if I'd pay that much money for early access to a buggy product. That's like paying a hooker for a blowjob, only to regret it later because it wasn't very good.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm not entirely sure if I'd pay that much money for early access to a buggy product. That's like paying a hooker for a blowjob, only to regret it later because it wasn't very good.
Actually the game isn’t riddled with a lot of bugs. I heard some of the mythic paths are bugged or incomplete but that’s expected for late game features. I got about 14 hours invested and only came across two bugs. One was when you rest for the first time the screen lock up. You just have to reload and it will no longer happen.

But yeah it’s pretty damn expensive for an early access and not many people will pay that much or have the disposable income to buy it. But there’s been times I spent that much money if not more on other things that last a few hours like alcohol and food when I’m going out and shit it out the next day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Have been playing this and I feel like its the most polished of the 3 big titles at this point ( Solasta, Bg3 and this ) . Solasta is a close second, much higher production values than pathfinder: kingmaker

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Finally finished Kingmaker as a celestial sorcerer. I didn't get the "true" ending, but I came pretty close.

Started a Beneath the Stolen Lands run, and also tried restarting the main story, but man it's hard to pick something that isn't Sorcerer/Wizard. I think itll be the same for WoTR; theres too much versatility and "fun" to be had with all the shenanigans a caster can pull off.

I settled on a thug/ranger (2 weapon going shield bash for offhand attacks) tank who is going to use dazzling display to shaken/frighten enemies, but not having a reliable arcane caster companion is rough (Octavia is alright I guess; I dont like some of her dialogue choices though).

Still, standing there using dazzling display every fight is kind of like a "This is my life now?" Moment. At least Wrath will have Nenio who is Neutral and a scroll savant.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
as with most DnD games, casters generally have the most versatility and end-game viability. I am currently soloing kingmaker (challenging difficulty) using a sorc/rogue and then into arcane trickster. you get the spells of a sorc and the skill bonus of a rogue, very versatile. it also works fairly well as a melee fighter with spells and backstab.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Official release date set (September 2), along with a new beta build.

2021-05-05 21.12.13 www.rpgwatch.com eb4dfef64613.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Played the new build earlier today. It's looking really good. Previous saves were lost so you have to start over. Going to try and get to the part where you command armies which I think should be act 2. This is going to be way better then kingmaker.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Been waiting for a new build to be released. Will definitely give it a try again when I get off from work.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm getting stoked boys. This is like the one game I have been looking forward to sinking time into this year. The army/map minigame looks like it's going to suck a dick though. Just like the town management in Kingmaker.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep, of all the turn based DnD shit I have played, and ive played most of them, the first Pathfinder was the best. Cant wait for this one. Just imagine the builds you can make with this version. It will be epic.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game has an absolute ton of classes in it. A lot of them have probably never even been in a game. I'm looking at the Bloodrager.

• 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'll be waiting a few days/week as the first game was butt for a while after launch regardless of people saying this one has a less buggy experience.